• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Flash Comparisons - TD-Hurricane-EVO other

I have read that guys claim 15 to 17mpg on a tuned sled!!! Pretty good milage imo!
I could see the mileage being allot lower if you are hammering it on every straight stretch on the trails
I would say it’s closer to 12mpg but I like to winder her out a lot

I would say it’s closer to 12mpg but I like to winder her out a lot

Yep with my turbo viper i would get pretty much the same milage as my wife's na zr7000 when riding with her(lower speeds and following her)

But when riding with buddies it was definitely harder on fuel!

Not picking on me... I see it as this, if you want performance then you have to sacrifice! Just like I want all the horsepower in the world but want it to be as quiet as stock. They are surprisingly great on fuel but like I said it wasn’t a concern.

Sorry you feel that way. Like I said was not personal to you. You were just the most recent one in a line of people to say that. If I start seeing 12-13mpg I will be very happy.

Not picking on you see n blue. But I hate when people say didn't buy it for mpg or it has 200hp what do you expect. I'm sure guys with apex's and 800+ two strokes care about mpg so why shouldn't I be? I didn't buy the sled to drag race it, I bought it to be a fast trail sled. So with that being said I need the thing to get better than 10 mpg, it is totally frustrating to have the gas light on at 90 miles while everyone else in the group has no concern on fuel. Or having to make a certain route because we know gas is there. Hopeful that my Hurricane 240 flash and trail muffler can aid in any way to my piss poor mpg. Rant over.

Yep, I have to agree. Do not want a sled that get’s only 10 mpg no matter what.

And many on this site are getting much better then 10, but there are a few that do not.

I was one of those for the first 1100 miles or so. Loved the sled but not the mileage. It was easy for me to get less then 10 when really riding hard. And I vowed not to tune it until it attained the 15 average that the dealer claimed most of the Winders were getting, tuned or stock.

I got lucky, dealer fixed my mileage and I have tried 3 tunes so far since. The TD SM Max Spool 16 is very powerful and I can still get 15 mpg on the big wide trails at 60-90 mph. Some get better and I am still playing with clutches this coming season to improve on both, speed and mileage... Mine stock or tuned seemed the same mileage wise.

I don't care about mpg or how much I put in , just as long as I'm not the first one out of gas on the side of the trail
I agree and disagree. Trust me I've had an Mpi viper which was awful. Now a winder that is better.
It's not a money thing for me it's a getting to the gas station thing. Most of our trail side gas stations are atleast 100 miles apart. Twice with my viper I ran out at 90 miles. Ten miles or less from the gas station. That sucked. The #*$&@ talk never stopped

Last edited:
I agree and disagree. Trust me I've had an Mpi viper which was awful. Now a winder that is better.
It's not a money thing for me it's a getting to the gas station thing. Most of our trail side gas stations are atleast 100 miles apart. Twice with my viper I ran out at 90 miles. Ten miles or less from the gas station. That sucked. The #*$&@ talk never stopped

After ALL the money i spend on snowmobiling, an extra $10 or $12 in a weekend won't kill me.
I just want to make to the next gas stop.

SO, i carry an extra 3 gallons. To be honest, it actually makes my rear end work better anyways............suspension, not my #*$&@..........3 times a day boys!

After ALL the money i spend on snowmobiling, an extra $10 or $12 in a weekend won't kill me.
I just want to make to the next gas stop.

SO, i carry an extra 3 gallons. To be honest, it actually makes my rear end work better anyways............suspension, not my #*$&@..........3 times a day boys!
Funny , we have found the gas can really throws the suspension out of whack. And hard on the tunnel.
Luckily my dad has a 900 ace with s gas jug. I call him my fuel caddy

Something to keep in mind is that Precision EFI has an economy tune available. Stock hp but better gas mileage. I like this idea when you know your pushing it to get to the next gas station.

Something to keep in mind is that Precision EFI has an economy tune available. Stock hp but better gas mileage. I like this idea when you know your pushing it to get to the next gas station.
Very cool option. All these guys should have that. If I’m going 120 miles till the next stop I should be able to take it out of 270 mode and drop it into fuel mizer. Then fuel up and back to 270 kickin #*$&@ and passin doos

IMG_2443.JPG
I have the Linq gas can , but not for my self , for others .
My son has a Arctic Cat race sled that is always running out , and even had to help out a Viper in
my group that ran out before we got home.
Mileage is ok , for me on my trails .

Back