• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Flash Comparisons - TD-Hurricane-EVO other

I think we should all use this thread this season to let everyone know what type of riding you are doing and what tune you have.

Gas mileage
Performance
Complaints
Etc. It doesn’t need to be a pissing match.

Gas mileage - as best as 17mpg
Performance add ons - EVO air tubes, EVO blow off valve, EVO Magnum exhaust
Tune - EVO Stage 4
Clutching - Thunder Products
Complaints - None
FB_IMG_1521034377915.jpg

He has the EVO tune not Precision, they just started working together.
I think Precision provides tunes for SPEEDWERX too, not sure if EVO just got out of it due to the knock lite thing? Or are they still making their own MAPS and Precision is simply helping with the knock protection part.

Dan

I think Precision provides tunes for SPEEDWERX too, not sure if EVO just got out of it due to the knock lite thing? Or are they still making their own MAPS and Precision is simply helping with the knock protection part.

Dan

EVO will be selling the Precision EFI tunes and Precision EFI will be making some tunes with EVOs "big chute" turbo upgrade as well.

EVO will be selling the Precision EFI tunes and Precision EFI will be making some tunes with EVOs "big chute" turbo upgrade as well.
Good to know Allen, I know Precision is a very strong tune contender for sure, nice products too.

So EVO is more into Mountain stuff then??

thx
Dan

There’s a few sleds in our group with different tunes. The Hurricane sleds are always out in front, Evo stage 3 is comparable to TD Eco. TD Eco doesn’t stand a chance to Hurricane 240R.
This year tunes have been updated, TD Max spool 17 and Hurricane 270R. Evo is now On Precision EFI and I have to say, their features are awesome.
Will report when there’s some snow to test, right now Hurricane has the edge. All 3 sleds are within cents at the pump.

1-240R, Ulmer stage 2 clutching, Hyperflow 3inch
2-TD Eco, TD clutching, TD loud exhaust (vibrant) Cat
3-Evo stage 3, Ulmer stage 1 clutching, 2.5 Sandale

All sleds are studded and 137’s.

There’s a few sleds in our group with different tunes. The Hurricane sleds are always out in front, Evo stage 3 is comparable to TD Eco. TD Eco doesn’t stand a chance to Hurricane 240R.
This year tunes have been updated, TD Max spool 17 and Hurricane 270R. Evo is now On Precision EFI and I have to say, their features are awesome.
Will report when there’s some snow to test, right now Hurricane has the edge. All 3 sleds are within cents at the pump.

1-240R, Ulmer stage 2 clutching, Hyperflow 3inch
2-TD Eco, TD clutching, TD loud exhaust (vibrant) Cat
3-Evo stage 3, Ulmer stage 1 clutching, 2.5 Sandale

All sleds are studded and 137’s.

What kind of fuel mileage are you seeing? And are we talking U.S. or Canadian mileage?

What kind of fuel mileage are you seeing? And are we talking U.S. or Canadian mileage?
Don’t really gauge it on mileage, just when we fill up. The Evo sled is usually the better of the 3 but we’re talking $1.00 or less and none of us really care, didn’t buy a turbo sled for gas mileage

Don’t really gauge it on mileage, just when we fill up. The Evo sled is usually the better of the 3 but we’re talking $1.00 or less and none of us really care, didn’t buy a turbo sled for gas mileage
As long as it does better then 5mpg ill be happy...lol

Not picking on you see n blue. But I hate when people say didn't buy it for mpg or it has 200hp what do you expect. I'm sure guys with apex's and 800+ two strokes care about mpg so why shouldn't I be? I didn't buy the sled to drag race it, I bought it to be a fast trail sled. So with that being said I need the thing to get better than 10 mpg, it is totally frustrating to have the gas light on at 90 miles while everyone else in the group has no concern on fuel. Or having to make a certain route because we know gas is there. Hopeful that my Hurricane 240 flash and trail muffler can aid in any way to my piss poor mpg. Rant over.

Not picking on you see n blue. But I hate when people say didn't buy it for mpg or it has 200hp what do you expect. I'm sure guys with apex's and 800+ two strokes care about mpg so why shouldn't I be? I didn't buy the sled to drag race it, I bought it to be a fast trail sled. So with that being said I need the thing to get better than 10 mpg, it is totally frustrating to have the gas light on at 90 miles while everyone else in the group has no concern on fuel. Or having to make a certain route because we know gas is there. Hopeful that my Hurricane 240 flash and trail muffler can aid in any way to my piss poor mpg. Rant over.
Not picking on me... I see it as this, if you want performance then you have to sacrifice! Just like I want all the horsepower in the world but want it to be as quiet as stock. They are surprisingly great on fuel but like I said it wasn’t a concern.

I have read that guys claim 15 to 17mpg on a tuned sled!!! Pretty good milage imo!
I could see the mileage being allot lower if you are hammering it on every straight stretch on the trails

Back