• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Flash Comparisons - TD-Hurricane-EVO other

So let’s hope to end this one.

Problem :HP vs TD
EVO other (not responding)

Hurricane Performance——>Awesome, reliable,super fast,Canadian, they have many clones of Dave working in the shop!

Turbo Dynamics——Awesome, reliable, super fast, Canadian, they got MIKE !Mike don’t forget my dalton adjustable screws lol

Solution: EVO and other should post more content
What does EVO offer ????
Dont forget that Traction Control by Precision. It looks to me that the game has just started!

Why do people want to pit two great innovators against each other. They both, from what I can tell. offer solid, well thought out and useful products. This is just another Ford/Chevy argument that serves no purpose. I commend Hurricane for choosing not to get into a pissing contest as nothing good can happen and you normally end up with urine on your feet. As long as there are two or four or six people working towards a better end, we all win.
Because without competition the consumer. Us loses.

Hurricane Performance——>Awesome, reliable,super fast,Canadian, they have many clones of Dave working in the shop!

Turbo Dynamics——Awesome, reliable, super fast, Canadian, they got MIKE !Mike don’t forget my dalton adjustable screws lol

What does EVO offer ????

They now offer Precision Tunes.

I meant this to be educational and help people spending their $$ as in all of us evaluate the different options that are available. Yes there is a Ford/Chevy argument as part of this but, I bet you read the reviews and listen to the groups that demo and vote for sled of the year don't ya? Ya that's what I thought. Half @SS apologies to anyone that finds this offensive as this was/is not meant to be a pissing match but a place for vendors to educate and "showcase" what they offer and what makes them unique and perhaps have a leg up other guys.

This doesn't have to be a pissing match just explain what makes you what you are. Damn, if I wanted sh!t I would just go to bed with my girl..........

What does EVO offer ????

LOL for the record we have more than Mike. We got a great team... 3 Tig welders, 5 fabricator total with me included, 3 hardware designer, 1 tuner, 3 customer service reps and 2 mechanics... But Mike has been a huge asset to TD absolutely. Some people have multiple roles at the shop depending on where the rush is... Very versatile team of 7 specialized in turbo sled performance.

I've been following all 3 ( precision EFI
TD and Hurricane) very close and I am having a hell of a time deciding on who to go with for tuning my 9000!!
Imo all 3 are dead even in originality, quality and reliability!!
Competition between vendors is what pushes them to develop/build better products!!!
One thing that i like from Td is the testing (videos) of there tunes. It really shows how dedicated this company is to the sledding world!

As for hurricane I delt with Dave and bought products from him in the past.I seen first hand the exceptional quality of his products and not to mention the excellent customer service!!!
Precision is imo the newer competitor and although the isn't much feedback these guy know there #*$&@!!

I meant this to be educational and help people spending their $$ as in all of us evaluate the different options that are available. Yes there is a Ford/Chevy argument as part of this but, I bet you read the reviews and listen to the groups that demo and vote for sled of the year don't ya? Ya that's what I thought. Half @SS apologies to anyone that finds this offensive as this was/is not meant to be a pissing match but a place for vendors to educate and "showcase" what they offer and what makes them unique and perhaps have a leg up other guys.

This doesn't have to be a pissing match just explain what makes you what you are. Damn, if I wanted sh!t I would just go to bed with my girl..........
Well said....:) And if someone has more or less interest to talk about his products except some information here and there! NEXT ONE Stay in the trailer when it's time to talk .... I do not understand!
I am running hurricane flash bundle, whitout much problem. Great tune

my opinion
we in eastern Canada have the great opportunity to choose from td or hurricane. I have personally worked with both dave and ben on different sled projects.
both companies have been beyond helpful. Dave assisted me with the bad #*$&@ nytro build , N/a he was awesome and the ,machine work hurricane did to the head was spot on.
recently I purchased a stock muffler powertrail flash from TD. Why did I buy from him? because there was a tested and tried flash available and I know people with the flash and they have had great results.

Last edited:
My .02

All are good tunes! Its all on what the consumer wants, believes in and is ready to pay for.

All are here advertising...so a post like this can be hurtful to other vendors selling their product. Start a post under your company, post everything positive about your product and the accomplishments that have been awarded. But, what you won't hear are the engines that have gone down from testing, trying to get the most hpr out of the tune. But you won't hear about those....

Customer service is another HUGE issue. If you call a company and don't get a call back....that is bad service, period.

Evo had tunes out before everyone and couldn't get the antilag figured out....but their tunes made power and haven't lost an engine yet....this is fact. But because they didn't have the antilag and the dash thing figured out, they went down on the list fast. Now they have teamed up with Precision EFI and I am excited for them. The first Precision/EVO tune was done today.

Hpr numbers on the dyno can be different from dyno to dyno....it's who can put the power to the ground and be out in front. Take a stock sled, make a base run, get your horsepower numbers....then put your mods on and report gains. That is the correct way to dyno tune.

My .02

All are good tunes! Its all on what the consumer wants, believes in and is ready to pay for.

All are here advertising...so a post like this can be hurtful to other vendors selling their product. Start a post under your company, post everything positive about your product and the accomplishments that have been awarded. But, what you won't hear are the engines that have gone down from testing, trying to get the most hpr out of the tune. But you won't hear about those....

Customer service is another HUGE issue. If you call a company and don't get a call back....that is bad service, period.

Evo had tunes out before everyone and couldn't get the antilag figured out....but their tunes made power and haven't lost an engine yet....this is fact. But because they didn't have the antilag and the dash thing figured out, they went down on the list fast. Now they have teamed up with Precision EFI and I am excited for them. The first Precision/EVO tune was done today.

Hpr numbers on the dyno can be different from dyno to dyno....it's who can put the power to the ground and be out in front. Take a stock sled, make a base run, get your horsepower numbers....then put your mods on and report gains. That is the correct way to dyno tune.
My .02

Where can we find a dyno testing facility in eastern Ontario in order to correctly report HP GAINS?

Where can we find a dyno testing facility in eastern Ontario in order to correctly report HP GAINS?
Any dyno can show you gains with back to back runs. Everybody worries so much about the end number that the tuners have to put something there or they will get hounded. I think the better way to do it would be to run a baseline on a stock machine. Then same day put whatever package on it and run it again. Then report the gain in HP that package created. Instead of saying it's a 265 tune, call it a +43 HP or something to that effect. You would have to do this with an engine dyno so the drive losses and conversion factors don't mess with the results.

It would be interesting if someone like DTR put on a sidewinder dyno shootout. Take one sled, run it stock, then allow the tuners to flash it and put there goodies on it and run it again. Would be tough to make sure they are flashing with the exact programming they sell their customers though.

In the end HP numbers are a dick measuring contest. The important thing is to pick someone that you are comfortable with and offers what you are looking for. Someone else will ALWAYS be faster. What matters is the smile on your face when you squeeze the throttle and all the big name tuners are offering packages that will make you wonder how this much HP on pump gas is possible and legal.

Yep i don't dick measure cause i'd lose but i have tried different vendors in the past and I ended up with Hurricane not just because they were the leader in early spool tunes but because dave is an innovator with other performance leading products that im interested in and the service is fine. As far as overall tunes go i feel like they're all good.

Yep i don't dick measure cause i'd lose but i have tried different vendors in the past and I ended up with Hurricane not just because they were the leader in early spool tunes but because dave is an innovator with other performance leading products that im interested in and the service is fine. As far as overall tunes go i feel like they're all good.
Your absolutely right. It really comes down to what you want as a customer.

Back