• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Found our missing power.

im sorry if i offended anyone. its just video wasnt clear enough to believe what you claimed. its kind of frustrating when you spend so much on sled plus you have to fix their misstakes its getting old i did that on my nytro

Wow one second people were talking crap about the video and his race then, all you guys come out and start talking about how good of a guy he is....where were you guys before when he was getting picked on??...lol :drink:

:moon:
everybody wants their sled to be faster then other guy as yamaha sr viper beating every other sled brand but facts are vipers slow and takes time to make them right from suspension to clutching :-o :-o :-o :-o

Thanks guys, once people try this it will become more common and will be known as fact like the 8DN belt is now known as. Unless of course somebody tries this correctly and it does not work but that has not happened yet.

I am not here for juvenile online fights I am just here to share knowledge and help when I can.

stingray719 said:
Thanks guys, once people try this it will become more common and will be known as fact like the 8DN belt is now known as. Unless of course somebody tries this correctly and it does not work but that has not happened yet.

I am not here for juvenile online fights I am just here to share knowledge and help when I can.

Right on brother!!!

I'm with ya ;)!

vsmpowered said:
stingray i got both sleds in stable and nytro is more funner sled on trails and it tips on side to sidehill a lot easier then viper. nytro got 43.5 ski stand tooo

If that is true please don't insult just ask and we will help you. The Nytro will not outperform a correctly setup Viper in any area specially sidehilling. PM me if you wish and I will help you if you do not wish to ask here.

Sorry to come in late but give me a break, Terry NOSPRO helps everybody online and if you have ridden with him on trail he will help you there as well . He used to and probably still does ride with a tool box back pack and repairs adjusts sets up others sleds at trail side.

The video is not perfect but it is what he says it is. He is giving out free tested advice don't imply he is trying to mislead.
I too am deciding if I should break my sled-2015 viper LTX- in stock or just get the parts pre season next fall.

Thanks NOS

YAMADOO

When I first tried the 8DN belt it was used and didn't seem to work. I carried on with my testing with the original belt. After wearing out two belt in 3000 miles. I went and bought a new 8DN belt and it works. I was headed in the same direction with the springs and stock weights. I got it to work on hard pack groom trail and it hauled a**. The only problem is when I would go off trail it would loose its rpm's and run 8400-8500 and it was a dog. What they are saying makes sense. I ordered the weights yesterday. We just got a nor easter here and we will be sledding till the end of april on Caladonia mountain around here.
I am going to try what you have done with the stock helix and secondary spring. I will let you know how this works out. Thank you for doing this testing and sharing it with others. I love this sled except for its inconsistent performance.
:jump:

Thank you everyone :)

For one, I was lucky enough to spend 3 days last spring with Yamaha on the $$expensive$$ prototype Vipers in Ishpeming Michigan. I was there with Nick. We had a great time and I knew then I wanted a Viper. The clutching wasn't good on the Viper and they told me it was something they through together to get the sleds out testing.

I, along with many unhappy people who bought Vipers....hated to see the sled top out at 91mph. The trail is 200ft. from my driveway and I went out everyday with the timers and radar to see what I could do to make it faster. When I saw 101mph, I was like a kid in the candy store with not just a $1...but $20! It was the very next weekend I raced the Viper at winterfest and got 2nd place. My kid on the Nytro got 3rd. This was against 50 if not more sleds....800 doo's, 800 cats, 1000 cats, 900 cats, F7's, skidoo turbos, new cat turbos and new polaris'....and I was beat by a well tuned 1000 cat with a crap load of picks, was beat by 1mph. We rode our sleds in, he trailered his in because it was lowered. I felt pretty darn good!

But, back on topic. I was skeptical too, but I will try anything. I found the weights lying in my box while talking to Stingray on the phone. He said "try them, they might just work" It made sense to me to put more pressure on the belt as the 8JP belt was slipping bad. IT WORKED!

****To those who have pm'ed me, and those who are trying this. Be cautious as to taking the weights out. Be sure you have a plastic washer shim on each side of the weight. I say this because I have had friends in the past not realize they were there when they removed the weights. The little allen screws that hold the tube that the weights ride on...you only need to snug those, not too tight or you will mar the tube and will have trouble getting the tube out next time. Plus, when you put your cover back on, there is an "x" on the clutch spider and on the cover. These "x'''s should match up. That is how the clutch was machined when assembled so I wouldn't want anyone to make a mistake there. ****

I rode NosPros sled last weekend. There should be no doubt with the clutch setup he had in there it was just perfect launch so smooth everywhere. When you touch the throttle it goes at any point in range. Backshift seemed much better than my setup also. We didnt race but it sure felt faster. Take his advice as a gift. Alot of work behind it most settle for good enough he doesnt.

What I would like to see is a more heads up race and not a helmet cam , someone on the other end shooting the whole race ( drag race style )

And I don't think anyone on here has ever said that nos-pro doesn't know clutching and that his setup isn't working , just simply makeing a comment on the video and that it looks like it's in slow motion that's it ! :o|

My take away from reading NOS' posts was that the Viper was killing the Nytro so bad that he had to do the "spot lengths" trick to get the Nytro on camera. I guess he could have put the cam on the Nytro, but I for one will take his word for it.

IF in the future more testing is done (timer etc) it would be really nice to see this for perspective though ;-)

I am taking our Viper to the demo ride this weekend in South Dakota if all goes well and hope to run our Viper against the new 2015 if they will allow it. Would be fun to run my setup against the 2015 version and see for sure.

TD Max said:
My take away from reading NOS' posts was that the Viper was killing the Nytro so bad that he had to do the "spot lengths" trick to get the Nytro on camera. I guess he could have put the cam on the Nytro, but I for one will take his word for it.

IF in the future more testing is done (timer etc) it would be really nice to see this for perspective though ;-)

I had no video but that is what happened to me when I first did this, launched so fast I looked back to see if the Nytro had not taken off or maybe hit the brake from drifting. Nope, the Viper was just launching that fast. Had I done video I would have done what NOS-PRO did.

But after the test all 3 of us stood around and wondered what if that same Viper had a turbo.....................Tim test that thing!!!! :jump:

Back