• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Frustrated with Yamaha

This is what mine looks like

Attachments

• 6BB62FDA-947F-461D-A39E-923C70EE37FE.jpeg
    6BB62FDA-947F-461D-A39E-923C70EE37FE.jpeg
    107.7 KB · Views: 164
  • 4AE49FB4-5946-430F-B611-168C604A90CF.jpeg
    4AE49FB4-5946-430F-B611-168C604A90CF.jpeg
    64.4 KB · Views: 168

I have been messing around with it tonight. If I take the control valve out. All the way out. It starts right up. Idles a bit high. But starts right up. No throttle needed. I had it hooked up but just sitting out. When I turn the key it buzzed but doesn’t really move. It did get really hot though. I think it is stuck part way retracted. The spring is almost compressed. I’m surprised that it won’t idle. If I install it back in the housing, it will fire but without a little throttle, it just dies.

Just a thought have you considered using a carbon cleaner to clean the pintle so it seats and seals. Might be worth a try. I feel your pain my GMC work van needed an IAC and I had to buy a complete throttle body. Although it was less than half of Yamahas price.

Just a thought have you considered using a carbon cleaner to clean the pintle so it seats and seals. Might be worth a try. I feel your pain my GMC work van needed an IAC and I had to buy a complete throttle body. Although it was less than half of Yamahas price.
It literally fell apart. The metal shaft came out. It buzzes, but doesn’t move. It has been cleaned. It also gets hot, really hot, like can’t hold onto it hot.

Plunger on the end will move about 1/4” or so up and down when sleds turned on then stops in seated position.

Up until the rod and plunger fell out, it didn’t move at all. I had it out while I cycled the key. I also had it out while sled was running. I also tried putting it in the housing , letting the sled warm up, then pulled it out. No movement. It vibrates, that’s about it.

Have you tried calling Kevin at Port Yamaha? I learned years ago he is the best on Yamaha parts! My local dealer use to tell me the on B.O. or will take two weeks to get on every friggen part. Joined this site and after reading posts gave Kevin a call. Every single part I have needed he either has or gets right away and shipped to my door in a timely manner. Give him a call or if prefer used call Travis at BOP

Picasso, next time take it to Babbits in Muskegon. I'm curious as to what dealer ripped you off on your battery? 717-821-9639 Travis' at BOP cell #. He said usually responds to text right away

I think you should measure the connector for it. If the power is inconsistent, it won't help to just install a new IAC valve. That means whatever powers it (I'm guessing ecu) or the wires leading up to the connector is faulty. The IAC valve is likely toast, but you would like to know if there was another issue before you break another IAC valve.

Not sure how to measure it. I have a voltmeter, but I don’t know what terminals do what. 6 pins to choose from. I did check ohms across the connector on IAC valve. All tested 30 ohms.

According to schematics, power comes from pin 2 and 5.

Back