• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gap Flasher Issues

Well I'm not 100% certain here, but when I started tuning some sleds this year Mike at TD asked me if I had the latest firmware and I said I don't think so. I know they can change my updater from their end, but I think the phone had to updated also which my wife took care of. Then everything worked. My better half is much more 'techy' than I am.

Last edited:
Last year when I had issues with mine connecting to my phone I had to end up getting a new flasher since it was defective.

Yes, it must be something with my laptop because I used a different laptop and was able to connect to my flasher and download the updated firmware. Then I reloaded the GAP app on my phone and now everything works properly. Big thanks to Mike at TD for excellent customer support!

Couldnt use my flasher for tune switching the last 2 days. Removed from sled during lunch stop and it worked AOK after plugging back in.
Had the same thing , unplug flasher plugged back in everything worked fine

Well my 2nd flasher crapped out. Could not connect to it via 3 different Apple devices. After a few email exchanges over the last few days I had to buy a new flasher from GAP.

How expensive is a new flasher. The micro card went bad on mine and had to be replaced. If you have to get a new flasher can all the flashes you bought be downloaded onto the the new flasher?

Yes your flashes should be available to put on the new flasher.

Side note/question, if you do not change flashes often, can the GAP flasher be removed from harness for storage to keep it out of the elements and install as needed to change tunes? I assume it is only a communication device to the ECU and the ECU doesn't depend on it to run the sled correct? TIA

Correct. Although, you will not have data logging or live values if you do this

Side note/question, if you do not change flashes often, can the GAP flasher be removed from harness for storage to keep it out of the elements and install as needed to change tunes? I assume it is only a communication device to the ECU and the ECU doesn't depend on it to run the sled correct? TIA

I have the Dash Flash on my Winder and I rarely have my Gap flasher plugged in and only when racing to use the antilag launch control or when I want to Data log.
I keep my flasher in my handle bar bag but it rarely gets plugged in.

I also have the dash flash and have never left the flasher connected to the sled other than to update the flasher and add new tunes. Last upgrade was the closed loop and the flasher would not update to the latest firmware so ended up needing a new micro chip card reader and then it worked. Just curious how much a new flasher would run me if I were to have problems in the future. I have the 240,270,300 SS juke box,dash flash, anti lag,closed loop and also the flash to pass button. I would prefer to not have the flasher plugged in most of the time.

Correct. Although, you will not have data logging or live values if you do this
Thanks fatchance and other replies, I don't have the dash flash, just the GAP module with tune bundles loaded. Was just thinking it might be wise to keep it concealed and pull it out as needed. I run SM tune bundle at 240 primarily, and it suits me just fine for an old(er) guy with a healthy sense of fear and common sense! lol.
Cheers

Back