• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help?what i do to rid of track spin?

rtx moose

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder LTX LE,2007 RTX,2000 SRX700
should i stud my track or get a 1.5 or 1.6 track..dont want to loose top end...i want to launch hard with no track spin

Need more information!

What type of riding do you do most?
What’s your current track/stud setup?
Track length?
What conditions are you riding mostly?
Top speeds important?

Studding your track ... # of scratch lines , with 6 to 8 pitches before repeating pattern , makes night and day difference on the lake

Need more information!

What type of riding do you do most?
What’s your current track/stud setup?
Track length?
What conditions are you riding mostly?
Top speeds important?
Trail lake riding,sometimes off trail

anybody?I would say more snow riding then riding on ice..even the lakes I run are snow covered

Lol...im not retired what do ya think im 100

should i stud my track or get a 1.5 or 1.6 track..dont want to loose top end...i want to launch hard with no track spin

Longer lugs less top end, shorter lugs more top end.
No track spin is probably not gonna happen, with any amount of studs, but the more aggressive patterns and length when it comes to studs will make a difference on most conditions and surfaces.

No set up is King in all conditions so pick to your preferences!

Some longer lug tracks just bend the rubber lugs under the track for an actual loss of traction on hard pack snow, but work really well in the deeper snow, so well worth doing a bit of research before you make that choice. The Rip ll studded is hard to beat for all around in my book. Good luck!

How about a 1.5 ripsaw studded?anyone have this setup

I'm on my second winder now and the only difference between the two is the track. The first had the 1.25 track and the other has the 1.6cobra. 192 studs on the first and no traction, the 1.6 has 104 i grip studs and hooks much better. Ultimate top speed isn't my concern as they both are able to go over 200kph. The ECU and the clutches were taken from the first and put on the second one. They were identical except for the track. Going up hills is better and gives more bite when off trail. Overall I like the 1.6 better overall. Hope this helps.

I have a cobra on my apex it is a good track outside of loosing alot of top end..how much top
end will I lose with a 1.5 ripsaw?all this power is worthless if you can't get it to the ground

Last edited:
As I was told back in the 80's when I first learned to race, clutching is everything, you need to clutch for your setup, I have many times lowered engagement and made it smooth on take off and gained 2-3 sled lengths out of the hole and very easy to break trail and ride slow when needed, but still be very aggressive on upshift, used to say 1st to 100 was the winner, now with the winder I had to bump that to 120 mph lol

The power today's sleds have there is no such thing as no track spin, way to much HP and torque. Besides you will leave a mogul in the trail and other riders will be cussing up a storm "what SOB did this to ruin the groomed trail"? First the long track ditch pickle whoops the trail, then someone decides to do a holeshot at each intersection or piss break. Now stud it up and take to the drags on the lake and your golden. :4STroke::sled2::rocks:

Back