• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HID Bi-xenon kit installed in 2008 FX NytroRTX

Shootinstick said:
What is the consensus on the best color temp for snowmobile use? I'm leaning toward the 8000° ones.

I like that these ebay ones have free shipping. Anyone else have experience with these from Dealtime321?

isn't lower the number brighter???? ie 5000 is better than 8000???

Yes lower is better 4100K is stock on bimmers and stuff. 5000K is 3200 lumans, 6000K is 3000 lumans, 8000K is like 2800 lumans. Thing to remember is they are all 3 x brighter then your stock bulbs.

But does one temperature or end of the spectrum do better in snow dust or make rough spots on the trail show up better? During the day, I know I can see rough trail with a blue lens better than clear or yellow. Seems to provide more definition especially on overcast days.

I run 8000 in my cars headlamps and fogs. VERY VERY bright. for snowmobiling i would go 6000K or lower for more of the white tint over the blueish tint.

I just found some 8500K HID "H4" bulbs on e-bay for $12.99. Is this a rip-off?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLUE...727|39:1|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245
I remember putting some of the "Cool Blue" halogens in my Mtn. Max and WOW what a difference. I don't think they were any brighter but cut through the snow dust and gave better deffinition to the ground.

I was also wondering if these bulbs were direct replacement or do you have to get a special wiring kit like the one on the Nytro?

bashley said:
I just found some 8500K HID "H4" bulbs on e-bay for $12.99. Is this a rip-off?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLUE...727|39:1|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245
I remember putting some of the "Cool Blue" halogens in my Mtn. Max and WOW what a difference. I don't think they were any brighter but cut through the snow dust and gave better deffinition to the ground.

I was also wondering if these bulbs were direct replacement or do you have to get a special wiring kit like the one on the Nytro?

Not a HID kit, those are look alike bulbs, no REAL gain in light or performance.

Here's some 4300K Xenon.
Compare it to the ordinary light in the ceiling. It looked white before I started the engine. :)

Nothing beats real HID...

xenon_ytterligare_nu_utanfoer_reflektor_144.jpg

xenon_igen_mot_gula_normalt_vita_lysroer_193.jpg

xenon_notera_gula_lyssroer_284.jpg

For guys wanting a great deal I have been buying for 2 years from these guys. Bi Xeon lamps high and low beams are HID for only 78 bucks with ballasts everything.

I have then in 4 sleds, 2 trucks, and our ATV's.

http://www.vvme.com/

Thanks for the link the TurboJaime, do those kits need a lead to the battery or run all through the headlight harness? Is it really unplug the headlight and plug in the ballasts and new bulbs? Thanks!

These kits do not need a lead to the battery that is how they show it hooked up etc but its not necessary because my one sled does not have electric start and I have it hooked up to the accessory plug just fine.

Its really as easy as remove old bulbs, install new bulbs, install ballasts I use 2 sided tape. Plug in all connections hook the positive to the power lead, ground the grounds to the fame and voila.

To get high and lo these bulbs slide in and out right? That is probably a simplier system and more reliable I'm thinking. Where did you get yoru power lead from, the accessory wire?

That is a GOOD deal on a kit, thanks again! I need to get one for my truck and sled!

kinger said:
To get high and lo these bulbs slide in and out right? That is probably a simplier system and more reliable I'm thinking. Where did you get yoru power lead from, the accessory wire?

That is a GOOD deal on a kit, thanks again! I need to get one for my truck and sled!

I don't know about sliding etc I have no idea and its not something I noticed, I did just receive another shipment of them from bejing china to canada in 3 days! Always the same delivery thats the only one they offer air freight.

I am getting power from the accessory plug on the yamaha, direct from the heated visor plug on the doo.

Back