• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HID Bi-xenon kit installed in 2008 FX NytroRTX

No, why do you think that? They only uses 35w.

They are accually cooler then original light. It takes longer for the snow to melt from the glass.

My mechanic suggested to me that it might melt the housing..Said he's seen it with others putting in bigger bulbs..I don't have any experience with these HID's so I was curious before I had them installed..On the instructions it says they will shut off if reaching a certain temperature..I think its the ballast that gets hot..

Apex_GT said:
My mechanic suggested to me that it might melt the housing..Said he's seen it with others putting in bigger bulbs..I don't have any experience with these HID's so I was curious before I had them installed..On the instructions it says they will shut off if reaching a certain temperature..I think its the ballast that gets hot..

The temp of the bulb should be less than a stock or higher power bulb. As for them shutting off if the ballast reaches a certain temp, I don't know, sure would suck if you were cruising along and your lights go out. I guess it could happen with regular bulbs as well. I haven't heard of this happening in cars/trucks so not sure how much I believe that. In addition the temps we ride in are typically low so that should help.

There are "HID" bulbs that try to create a true HID light hwoever they are a halaogen bulb with a blue coating over it and they usually up the watts to over 100 from the std 55, so they get HOT.

True HID kits like what were talking about use less power and run much cooler then even stock halogen bulbs.

I can see the ballasts getting warm theya re converting 12V into 85 volts.

so im guessing these need a 12vDC input source.i have a set in my mustang but i would love to run them in my sled but im not sure if they would work with AC input.a couople other things seeing as there is no battery in my sled is it even possible to run these lights?

ArcticKelly said:
so im guessing these need a 12vDC input source.i have a set in my mustang but i would love to run them in my sled but im not sure if they would work with AC input.a couople other things seeing as there is no battery in my sled is it even possible to run these lights?

Not sure what sled you have but pretty sure your headlights are running 12 volts.

ArcticKelly said:

You have a AC stator but it goes through a rectifier and regulator to run on 12V DC. These HIDs work perfect when hooked up after the R&R.

LJ 452 said:
ArcticKelly said:

Not sure what sled you have but pretty sure your headlights are running 12 volts.

If he had a F7 the headlights are AC on those sleds and HID will not work on a sled with no battery, trust me I have been down that road with my F7.

ArcticKelly said:

By the way it would help to add your location and sled to your profile, Location is required!

:4STroke: :4STroke:

Back