• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HID Bi-xenon kit installed in 2008 FX NytroRTX

ArcticKelly said:
im asking cause i want to try these on my 97 Vmax XT. the lighting on the sled is something to be desired at speed.

I didn't have much luck adding them to my F7, I even added a glassmatt acc. battery from a motorcycle (kickstart), but the HID seemed to outrun the battery and stator, so I don't know if it would work on a VMAX, the HID lights are designed to draw 35watts of power slightley more on start up.??

I just got off the phone with my mechanic and he said they are really bright..They only could get one low beam on and both high beams on..Any idea why one low beam works??

Apex_GT said:
I just got off the phone with my mechanic and he said they are really bright..They only could get one low beam on and both high beams on..Any idea why one low beam works??

Is it a Bi-Xenon or Low Beam Xenon+ Hi Beam Halogen lamp?

Bi-Xenon moves the lamp between the high and low beam position, never turned off an on when switching.

yeah there bi-xenon...So if there never turned off it doesn't make sense to have it go out at low beam..Wierd..The mechanic is gonna try changing the bulbs and then the ballasts to see whats goin on..

I suspect that one of the ballast is the problem, or the wiring
Bad connection to ground is a common problem due to the high ignintion-amps the voltage drops below threshold for the ballast.

Him said:
Bad connection to ground is a common problem due to the high ignintion-amps the voltage drops below threshold for the ballast.

Thanks..I'll pass that on to the mechanic and see what he thinks..

Apex_GT said:
Him said:

Thanks..I'll pass that on to the mechanic and see what he thinks..

Like I said swap them (left to right, ballast and bulb) this will let you know where the problem lies, does the HID stay on but just does not change from hi to low, or does the light go out? There is only one filiment to a bi-xenon system, unlike the halogen bulb that came out of your sled. It is bad for a HID to turn off and on like a halogen bulb does, because it has to go thru a warming cycle every time. Thats why the invented bi-xenon, there are typically two styles of bi-xenon, first style is magnetic movment that moves the bulb itself to change the angle of light in the housing, the second is a mechanical shade that changes the reflection angle but does not move the bulb, I have personaly seen both of those be bad out of the box. The ballast will have nothing to do with the bi-xenon part of the system. There is usually a relay or small circit box that control that part of the system.

ok just got off the phone with the mechanic..And the one beam in question just stays on in high beam mode when switched to low..Doesn't go out but doesn't change..So there trying the swap (bulb/ballast) Its either:ballast,bulb or relay switch..This sucks because Buyer is responsible for all shipping costs and any other charges by the courier company. This includes warranty claims. .the shipping costs to and back would be about 70 dollars..
It was from this web site:

http://www.vvme.com/

Hope its just an isolated incident..

Apex_GT said:
ok just got off the phone with the mechanic..And the one beam in question just stays on in high beam mode when switched to low..Doesn't go out but doesn't change..So there trying the swap (bulb/ballast) Its either:ballast,bulb or relay switch..This sucks because Buyer is responsible for all shipping costs and any other charges by the courier company. This includes warranty claims. .the shipping costs to and back would be about 70 dollars..
It was from this web site:

http://www.vvme.com/

Hope its just an isolated incident..

Sorry to say but $40.00 for HID??? what can you expect. the kits I sell go for 225.00 with a free replacement part 1yr warr. no shipping back just new part shipped to you. As for the problem I suspect its the bulb, the mechinizim is bad that sends it from hi to low, have check voltage, there should be a two wire harness for the hi/lo portion, it is what move the mechinizim. Good luck.

yeah the kit actually cost $104.99 us..I just got an e-mail from the company "Or just pay $20 to cover the shipping fee and you needn't send the defective part back, then we will send you new immediately"

So theres hope...Looks like I'll have to eat an extra 20 bucks..The mechanic said you can't even look at the lights cause there so bright..I'm excited to get this sorted out..Thanks for your input..Next time I'll probably order a lil closer to canada..Beijing seems a lil far..lol

Is the amount that the bulb moves adjustable. I've neever seen these systems up close so I have no idea how they are set up. It would be nice if you could adjust how much the bulb moves, then you could dial in your low and highs.

LJ 452 said:
Is the amount that the bulb moves adjustable. I've neever seen these systems up close so I have no idea how they are set up. It would be nice if you could adjust how much the bulb moves, then you could dial in your low and highs.

No adjustment, the movement is typicaly the same as the spacing on a dual fillament bulb. I will take some pics of the style I have in stock. I also miss qouted the price, my kits for the BI-XENON is 299.99.

stopdropanroll said:
No adjustment, the movement is typicaly the same as the spacing on a dual fillament bulb. I will take some pics of the style I have in stock. I also miss qouted the price, my kits for the BI-XENON is 299.99.

Thanks for the info, pics would be great. As for the price, well forget it now, kidding, I think this type of add on is one of those that you get what you pay for. Some are $300 some are $100, I have a hard time excepting that the $100 is as good as the $300. Not saying it's impossible but typically there is a reason. This something I may try next year, I was against using these in the past, as I don't want to blind oncoming traffic, but if the results are good and they can be adjusted to were the lows are not blinding then I may give them a shot.

Back