• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HID Bi-xenon kit installed in 2008 FX NytroRTX

Here is a pic for anyone with a FX Nytro on where to put HID ballast's, tucked away and solid, also a pic of relay mount, 10mm bolt is perfect, same on each side. You will have to extend some wires.

:rocks:

Attachments

• DSC01326-1.JPG
    DSC01326-1.JPG
    180 KB · Views: 195
  • DSC01333.JPG
    DSC01333.JPG
    166.3 KB · Views: 190

Daranello said:
wHAT do you guys think about these??? There only $59 and come with a LIFETIME gaurantee
Also you can upgrade to 55 watt units

http://ddmtuning.com/ddmhidkits.html

apexconekit.jpg

Well its sounds like a great deal, but I hate to buy something without seeing them first (no pics), and you will need the dual hi/lo kit so its more like 130.00. If they warranty them great but will they last, slim line ballast and a lifetime warranty seems to good to be true, but I guess its only 130.00 dollars so maybe its worth a shot.

;)!

stopdropanroll said:
Daranello said:
wHAT do you guys think about these??? There only $59 and come with a LIFETIME gaurantee

apexconekit.jpg

Well its sounds like a great deal, but I hate to buy something without seeing them first (no pics), and you will need the dual hi/lo kit so its more like 130.00. If they warranty them great but will they last, slim line ballast and a lifetime warranty seems to good to be true, but I guess its only 130.00 dollars so maybe its worth a shot.

;)!

Wouln't you only need the Dual HID System for $59???? then for an extra $25 to upgrade to 55 watts from the std 35 watts??

Daranello said:
stopdropanroll said:
Daranello said:

apexconekit.jpg

;)!

Wouln't you only need the Dual HID System for $59???? then for an extra $25 to upgrade to 55 watts from the std 35 watts??

You are going to want two ballast/bulbs and they need to be hi/lo (bi-xenon) or you will not have high beem and low beem selection, the H4 in most Yamis is a dual filiment bulb, if you replace them with a standard HID bulb you will loose high beem, the bi-xenon will move the HID bulb in and out 1/4 inch or so to change the reflection angle of the bulb inside the housing thus giving you hi/lo

;)! :rocks:

Daranello said:
stopdropanroll said:
Daranello said:

apexconekit.jpg

;)!

After looking at those again they are setup to acomidate sport bikes, they are giving you really goofy combinations of kits, alot of sport bike use one bulb for hi and then switch to another bulb on the oppisite side for low, you would be better off buying a automotive (car) system in a bi-xenon H4 kit.

stopdropanroll said:
Daranello said:
stopdropanroll said:
Daranello said:

apexconekit.jpg

;)!

After looking at those again they are setup to acomidate sport bikes, they are giving you really goofy combinations of kits, alot of sport bike use one bulb for hi and then switch to another bulb on the oppisite side for low, you would be better off buying a automotive (car) system in a bi-xenon H4 kit.

Is the 55 Watts units ok??? i see most guys runnig 35 Watts

I'm resurrecting this thread a little. I want to put HID's in my 07 phazer FX. A bunch of chevy guys are running the ddm tuning HID's and like them. Time will tell how good they are, but the price seems to be fairly middle of the road and the quality seems to be good.

So a few questions -
Thoes of you who have been running HID's (any brand) for the past winter or two (or three..) how have they held up? I know my phazer bounces around alot more than a car on a road would, and I am afraid I'll jiggle the parts right out of any HID kit. How many people have had theirs fail?

Is anyone running the higher wattage low beam kit? (55w instead of 35w)? Overheating has been mentioned as a questionable issue, but is anyone having any problems with heat?

I know at least one person here wired the ballasts directly to the battery and connected a relay to the stock wiring. Are most of you using relays, or do you feel the stock wiring is able to carry the current for the HID's.

Thanks!
Chad

chadwick02 said:
I'm resurrecting this thread a little. I want to put HID's in my 07 phazer FX. A bunch of chevy guys are running the ddm tuning HID's and like them. Time will tell how good they are, but the price seems to be fairly middle of the road and the quality seems to be good.

So a few questions -
Thoes of you who have been running HID's (any brand) for the past winter or two (or three..) how have they held up? I know my phazer bounces around alot more than a car on a road would, and I am afraid I'll jiggle the parts right out of any HID kit. How many people have had theirs fail?

Is anyone running the higher wattage low beam kit? (55w instead of 35w)? Overheating has been mentioned as a questionable issue, but is anyone having any problems with heat?

I know at least one person here wired the ballasts directly to the battery and connected a relay to the stock wiring. Are most of you using relays, or do you feel the stock wiring is able to carry the current for the HID's.

Thanks!
Chad

1800 miles and no issues on three different Yamaha's in our group, the only thing I would do is NOT use the relay that comes in these kits, they are normally very cheap and do not seal up very good. My buddie had issues with his freezing up untill he switched out the relays for better ones. We all have them wired to the battery and installed very solid. I used diolectic grease on all connection to be safe.

No experiance with 55w kits :dunno:

4300k is the best temp to use or even lower, I know some kits offer 3000k.

I took alot of time to loom and solder and extend the wires in the kit to make a clean and proper install and would recomend you do the same.

Hope that helps, I have done allot of HID's in my day and have found these things to be the best way of install.

Daranello said:
Is a 50W/55W HID KIT to powerful?? I noticed most kits are only 35W??

Thanks

I have the 35w on my sled and they are plenty bright, 50w would concern me a little, maybe it would be ok but I wouldn't want to be the one to find out at 11:30 100 miles from home/cabin with no form of headlights. I would stick with 35w its proven to work fine.

Back