• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How many miles on your Sidewinder?

12,650 miles on my 2017 LTX-SE STOCK. The only thing that made me not able to ride for a day was the rubber heat exchanger hose got ice damage. Not anymore BOP protectors on it now. This was the most reliable machine I have ever had it never let me down. This became the wife's sled so it won't get lot's of miles anymore.

1750 on my 2022 LTX-LE with limited riding opportunities also Stock with the BOP protectors on it.

I clearly don’t ride enough. Lol. My combined total on 2 sidewinders is about 2600km’s.

Wow! Hat's off to you for that kind of mileage!! Congrats!

Both of my buddies have over 14,000 miles on their winders And going strong. Both are stock. Both have had drive shaft replacement once. One is a ‘17 one an ‘18.

Well I'm at 27,000 miles so far this year on my 2017 LTX-SE and after all the necessary mods to the drive train to make it dependable it's been an enjoyable season so far. I've rode Yamahas since my first one in 1973 and have had to modify something on all of them to make them bullet proof. I'm pretty sure I would of had to do the same with Doo's Poo's and Cats also. Manufactures build sleds to ride an average of 500-800 or so miles a year. I work on sleds for a living and see what mileage people put on their sleds. I did have a chance to ride the new Mach Z a bit the winter and I can tell you bumps are still bumps I don't care if they do adjust 50 times a second! Got back on my sled and realized we are riding one of the best riding sleds out there even if it is a 10 year old chassis, not to mention the best engine to date. I'm not sure what some people want Yamacat to come up with besides bold new graphics because they already make the best sled for what it is intended for. I am anxious to see what's coming for 2023 as I would like to get a new one. A lot of my riding buddies are jumping ship but I just can't bring myself to Doo it. I am a little miffed that 2022's still haven't been delivered, but some haven't received their new Ski Doo's either. All we can hope it's not like this next year.
So you have put 27,000 just in 2021/2022 just this season,man thats some miles,and you are still working a 40 hr a wk job. That is impressive to say the least,so just keep on keeping on bro.

No I have put that mileage on since I bought it new. I wish it was just this season, I have a job also. We were out to Maine and NH end of Jan for 11 days, only good snow was northern Maine at that time.

Back