• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Huge number of ads in all forums.

I think some of those ads are keying in on Clutchmaster's avatar. I guess it could be worse. :)

This issue seems to be fixed. Thank you!

I turned that part off.. we may hurt even more now.. new release may just wipe us out.
If the money was that good bring it back, just like all other websites, you just scroll past!

I luckly to post this post with the ads coming from all three side making this web site impossible to follow. Do I donate renew VIP. Thanks

I luckly to post this post with the ads coming from all three side making this web site impossible to follow. Do I donate renew VIP. Thanks
Please do. It costs money to keep site running. I am running out of options other then shutting it down.

you have to make your screen size smaller. You, like me, probably have your zoom set to %125 or so. I have mine set to %125 and cant read the site. If I reduce my zoom to %100, then the problem is solved.

Without a doubt this site is very valuable to all of us..as well as as mechanical help site it also has a nice social impact with everyone who enjoys Yamaha sleds...I should say usually it's a good social outlet.
I too have noticed the amount of increased advertising, it's a pain but it is what it is. If we fully funded this site the ads would still be there, it's called capitalism. The folks who came up with this site have every right to try to make buck from it, I don't blame them, they worked hard to create it and keep it going, their time needs or should be compensated, they bring so much information about our sleds it's not even funny...
TY is the only social media site I use..no Facebook or twitter for me....it's more crap than it's worth. A big thanks to the good people who run this site, keep it going no matter what it takes. Joe

Without a doubt this site is very valuable to all of us..as well as as mechanical help site it also has a nice social impact with everyone who enjoys Yamaha sleds...I should say usually it's a good social outlet.
I too have noticed the amount of increased advertising, it's a pain but it is what it is. If we fully funded this site the ads would still be there, it's called capitalism. The folks who came up with this site have every right to try to make buck from it, I don't blame them, they worked hard to create it and keep it going, their time needs or should be compensated, they bring so much information about our sleds it's not even funny...
TY is the only social media site I use..no Facebook or twitter for me....it's more crap than it's worth. A big thanks to the good people who run this site, keep it going no matter what it takes. Joe
No doubt this is the best, most informative and most civil snowmobile site there is. The others are just a big chitshow.

Ads are ads. They are everywhere when using an app, game or site that is "free". Its the only way to keep them running.

I think this site could be ad free if it was run like a streaming service. The more you pay the less ads you see. As of now VIP membership is only $15 for a year. Thats incredibly cheap for all the free info you have access to in a sport that costs on average $10k to enter in to and $2k a year to maintain.

My Lifetime VIP Membership story (short version)
When my first sled broke down ( 1997 Vmax 700 sx) a buddy directed me to the TY site. I did the free membership join up. The site helped me find out why my sled went down, how to repair and get the parts. I am sure I saved over $1k by doing the repair with TY than bringing the sled to the dealer. After getting my sled up and running again and finding my second Yamaha sled on this site I decided to get a Lifetime VIP membership. Why? It gave me a chance to give back to the site that got me all the info and parts I needed plus I got some kewl TY swag to wear and some fancy stuff above my name in my avatar. It was a win win in my books.;)!

For me being apart of this site is what I can give not what I can get.

100% agree. I just sent a PP to the site as a donation. Sometimes we just need a reminder that nothing in this life is free and this site has proven itself time and again to provide great value whether it’s the technical documents, the near ego free open discussions, or the social connection.

Ads are ads. They are everywhere when using an app, game or site that is "free". Its the only way to keep them running.

I think this site could be ad free if it was run like a streaming service. The more you pay the less ads you see. As of now VIP membership is only $15 for a year. Thats incredibly cheap for all the free info you have access to in a sport that costs on average $10k to enter in to and $2k a year to maintain.

My Lifetime VIP Membership story (short version)
When my first sled broke down ( 1997 Vmax 700 sx) a buddy directed me to the TY site. I did the free membership join up. The site helped me find out why my sled went down, how to repair and get the parts. I am sure I saved over $1k by doing the repair with TY than bringing the sled to the dealer. After getting my sled up and running again and finding my second Yamaha sled on this site I decided to get a Lifetime VIP membership. Why? It gave me a chance to give back to the site that got me all the info and parts I needed plus I got some kewl TY swag to wear and some fancy stuff above my name in my avatar. It was a win win in my books.;)!

For me being apart of this site is what I can give not what I can get.
nicely said

Back