• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hurricane 270 stock muffler tune

I had a tuner who sell hurricane tunes that the 270 makes massive heat in the muffler on big runs. He recommends running the 240 on the trail. I have ran the 270 all year but dont get the chance to run sustained high speed.

Reactions: SPM

Has anyone noticed big heat in the muffler on long runs with a 270 SM tune?

Hurricane does suggest to pull the foam out from under the muffler and to put down some heat barrier tape.

I have 3000km on my hurricane stock muffler tune 225/240/270 all switch on the fly through stock gauge cluster and it has been flawless!!!!( I flashed my 2019 with 0 km)
My sled is a animal on 270 makes me giggle like a school girl in my helmet...lol
I have many friends running hurricane tunes and no one has had issues that I know of!!!

Like Hammer said go take a ride to the hurricane shop and go talk to Dave and the crew!!!!!
? I have the same tune with dalton weights just curious were you engaging at and your top speed rpm is with the 270 mine is like 121 mph at 8900 to 9000 rpm I was thinking of going to a 22 tooth sprocket but dont want to loose the hole shot

I had a tuner who sell hurricane tunes that the 270 makes massive heat in the muffler on big runs. He recommends running the 240 on the trail. I have ran the 270 all year but dont get the chance to run sustained high speed.
Do you see any difference between the two tunes ? I don't just curious

? I have the same tune with dalton weights just curious were you engaging at and your top speed rpm is with the 270 mine is like 121 mph at 8900 to 9000 rpm I was thinking of going to a 22 tooth sprocket but dont want to loose the hole shot
I am running 24 50 gear(cat)

Its pretty obvious most do not have issues but there are others who do and nobody seems to be able to figure out why. I personally know two that these tunes have been a living hell for so just keeping you informed. Mod at own risk.
Can you elaborate on the problems

I will ask them if they want to go public. It’s two people I am sure you can figure it out since they both have been working with you trying to figure it out. I commend you for that. Just making point that these tunes are not always just plug and play.

they are meant to be plug and play and if one was to have issues, its easy to blame the tune. I know of one sled running these tunes this year that had trouble and ended up being both an old style fuel tank elbow as well as a faulty fuel pressure regulator. Not tune related at all but when first diagnosing it seemed that way. Warranty covered. I am sure Dave will get these guys squared away.

I am aware of the sleds that the knock protection is activated constantly while driving at wot. We have tried lower Hp flashes like the 225hp flash with no difference. As we work closely with the dealer through diagnostics, we have narrowed the search down to suspect something in the motor . They have swapped near everything else from a known good sled including the flashed Ecu.
I have not been willing to turn down the knock sensitivity for fear of engine damage as a result until we can get a confirmation of the cause.
We however know for sure that the knock is NOT flash related. I kind of wish it was. I could fix that easier

Back