• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Kingers BOOSTED garage....

Just a follow up some some mods if anyone cares.

Took my first real trip with the 151 and got abour 400 miles on, we didn't push it hard and focused on helping the local bars increase revenue LOL

First up 151 extension: I have never owned a long track sled all hae been 121 so this was something new. Holy hook up batman. This sled is a whole different animal. Its seriously brutal to ride it. Grab some gas and hold on tight because it no longer spins. This is on a nonstudded 151x13.5" predator 1.25" track. I went with the narrow track to help with the push in turns and give me a little more top end. I am very happy with the end result. There is some push but its not horrible, the top speed was over 130mph where everyone else was in 90's (lots of snow) so it seems to have worked to give me a great blend of traction, performance, and lightweight (track is very light for a 151). The snow flap I put on kept getting sucked into the track and I busted the welds on my new shiney extension though :o| So I will need a brace for that and possibly a strap to hold it from getting sucked up any further.

Next up Hygear ZX2 shock revalve: In the aftermarket suspension section I posted the results from the first revalve and they were dismal, this time they got it VERY close. Still no cloud of air in the stutters but its much softer, in fact I rode with a new vector with the monoshock and I would say only the seat (mine firmer then his softy) was the difference. So all in all I am very happy with this revalve. Zero bottoming out I tried ...couldn't get it to happen.

Next up GPS Garmin Nuvi 500: This was my first experience with a GPS, had it ram mounted on sled and it worked flawlessly in all weather temps and even slight drizzle. No loose power plug or anything. Had redpine maps loaded and they were close but not exact and turn by turn directions do work but not like a GPS on a road. Overall its a nice tool to have but dont expect it to work like when your on roads.

Next up Yoshi custom pipe: I was worried here this would be way to loud and cause buzzing, drone, etc. None of those are the case. Its louder then stock yes but only very slightly. Getting through towns and not blipping the gas its as quiet as the stocker. Get on it though and holy crap she barks. I swapped sleds with some others and got a listen from both on and off the sled, its sounds very good in both spots. I had a couple compliments on it. Saving over 20lbs was priceless, combined with extra leverage of the extension the rear of the sled is now very easy to lift and move around. This is a nice change, man that 121 with stock exhaust is a heavy weight to lift. I'm not saying its as light as a XP but I lifted a 121" xp and thought they were pretty close.

Probably be it for me this year so that is a bummer but glad it all worked as designed! :sled1:

2013-02-07_14-28-56_293_zps231fe6a4.jpg

Kinger, glad to hear the sled is running great and that you are happy with your latest mods. I really like how exhaust and rear trim came out.

G.B.

Thank GB! I am happy with the rear end as well it has much more depth to it and hides everything really well. It also sounds fricken killer! People behind me said its really loud when I stab it so I ordered a sliencer insert to help quiet it down a notch.

I just cant believe how hard it accellerates! Its insane with that long track! I hoped on a new vector with PS and man it was nice to enjoy a sled that wasn't trying to kill you haha

Pict from snow we got today!
20130311_121747_zpsf9172e0a.jpg

Mother nature has been cooperating the last time I rode in SE MN was about 3 years ago, its been that long sine we had snow like that. My parents went south for the winter from Jan through Mar and my Dad was bummed he missed out on the riding this year. However snow after snow on each of the last 4 mondays and we were able to sneak out this last saturday 3/23/13! Trails were prestine in the morning but at 38 degrees we hit a few mud spots by PM however managed a 100 miles and it reminded me how good the trails are in that area! Goodue county snowmobile club did a EXCELLENT job marking everything and grooming. I dont live there anymore so I drove 2 hrs and couldn't belive the difference in snow pack compared to what we have in N Iowa. This puts me at 700 miles this year which was better then I was expecting. We drove from Lake zumbro to mazeppa, zumbtora, bellchester, had lunch at Hay Creek, then back through goodhue, mazeppa and back to the lake. (Lake is not safe BTW)

20130323_103810_zpse1893b63.jpg

20130323_103806_zps37bd9dc2.jpg

20130323_113409_zpsb7b1ae23.jpg

20130323_113357_zps52a20566.jpg

20130323_113434_zpseb6ce008.jpg

20130323_113405_zpsba5787fc.jpg

Trails were like this most of the day!

20130323_103813_zpsd28c5587.jpg

Awesome!! I rode all day saturday all around Spring Valley area. Had a blast i'll post some pics on my build thread.

Well time for my season wrap up. Sled again performed flawlessly from a running standpoint. I literally now have not touched the motor or had a motor related issue for 3 years. Just changed the oil each year thats it. I haven't even looked at or charged the battery it just fires everytime, I love that!!

Some mods this year and my feedback.

151 - wow wow wow holy traction batman. I used a predator 13.5" track and 1.25" lug NO studs which I was worried about. There was no issue this thing pulled like a freight train! I'm either getting old (35) or this thing has never pulled so hard as I was SORE holding on to this thing. Unreal, and simply amazing how effortless this sled just pulls on almost any other sled I came across. Top speed I hit 110 GPS and 138mph on the dream meter in 4" of new snow that was lightly packed on Lake Goegebic. She outright flys...

Dyno Tune at Ulmers - Allen dialed in almost over 30hp TO THE TRACK with two springs and some weight changes to compensate for all the mods over the years. Belt temps were cool and thing pull and backshifted better then it ever has. Highly reccomend taking a modded sled to him to use that dyno to dial in your sled. 30hp is insane again to the track, that is equivalent to 60 crank HP.

Yoshi pipe - Awesome look, awesome sound, love the weight. However the tone is so bassy my hears ran after I got back from riding, and any bass frequencies my ears were sensitive to. Its wierd I never thought it was loud it just changed the tone and sounds awesome. I bought a silencer to stuff in it and it quiets it right down and eliminates the bassy buzz.

Hygear ZX2 revalve - finally got it combined with a 151 this baby rides as smooth as I want and will still just take moguls like your a groomer. Love that skid. I didn't have a single issue with it this year or last year or the year before. It works and never breaks no matter how hard I try.

Hartman extension - I bolted my flap to that in the back and it got sucked up into the track and broke the welds on each side that hold the flap 'out' so I will have to reinforce that next year.

GPS and ram mount - Got a NUVI 500 and it worked awesome, really like having it on there to reference for speed and a larger map mainly to see gas stations!

Remote start used it a lot this year and works perfect each time.

Overall still in the honeymoon phase with this sled. The new viper has nothing on this so it will be staying in the stable again. I love the power and reliability of this thing. I get more photo ops at gas stations and internet people stop and ask me "are you kinger" its pretty cool.

Next year I NEED TO GET THAT gas tank installed I have been saying it for 2 years now so that is my only project for next year and just some maintenance, fluids, etc.

Have a great summer!

Got 100 miles on this weekend near Rochester, MN Sled fired right up and ran like a champ! They got over 7" Friday night and man I loved the 151 breaking trail all next day.

Here is a link, I dumped photobucket cause thier new site stinks! Dropbox doesn't give me the IMG link like they did so not sure how to get pictures to post up like i did before.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dcbu33zb4v91o ... .03.36.jpg

2014-01-18%2011.03.36.jpg

HAHA you may regret asking that. We had a baby 3 weeks ago and was sneaking away with my toddler and 2 dogs to my parents place. Mom (nana) took my girl and dogs while my Dad and I got some riding in. Your welcome to the truck but be prepared for screaming girls, getting your face licked by my dogs, and a no sleep irritable zombie at the wheel haha

Quick update:

Had a new baby December 27th and while she is awesome it cut into the ride time a little bit haha. I still managed to get another trip to North Wisconsin in a couple weeks ago. It was amazing 18+" of snow fell the first night and we were there to play all day in it. I tell ya the 151 was a GREAT idea haha.

It was snowing so hard it almost looked like rain!

Then we had to start playing dodge the trees over the trail. We quickly realized if you give them a poke the snow flys off and they lift out of the way and you get to drown the person behind you in snow haha

The next day:

And look at this it was then next night. Fricken amazing trails!!!

Sled chilln:

Rare shot of me on the sled, most of the time I am the only one with a camera phone haha!

Then things took a turn for the worst on saturday. First I was rear ended in a <5 mph stop to watch deer bone head move and it just bent up my hartman extension and wrecked by snow flap. Later that night it ended with this:

I was jumping the sled having a blast and on one jump as soon as I was in the air I knew I was in trouble. The back side of the jump fell out from under me and it was a long way down. On top of that I was going about 10mph faster then everyone else that hit this jump because I flew past the hole they landed in and smacked straight into the upside of the hole. It hit HARD. I was ready for it so nothing happened to me. Sled instantly died though. From there no start, it would crank but not start.

First time on the 'hook' for like 4 years. Towed 5 miles to a bar and left it there till morning when we left. So I didn't miss out on a lot of riding.

Got it home and guess what I did...knocked the fuel pump loose from the mount!!! It was still wired and pumping but wasn't connected to the fuel line haha. Easy peasy she fired right up and back in business! She had a good streak going there spoiled by a crappy high performance fuel pump install that I rigged one weekend 4 years ago and totally forgot about until now! DOH! :o|

I went over the main structural compenents and not a crack bend, anything. Damn I love yamahas. Heavy but indestructible in so many ways! :yam:

Ride on fellas! :sled1:

Got one more trip to cable in this past weekend! Conditions look like Jan/Feb it was surreal riding this late in the season!

It was a blast did like 350 miles I think. Sled ran flawless. I met a guy that had a modifed 1100 cat Turbo with mods and on race fuel the 275hp setting and we got a chance to line them up and the ole apex ran him down with the the long legs. I was shocked, he races on grass so he knew what he was doing. I did not, I had mine set on max ski pressure never adjusted anything. I think my belt even has like 5000 miles on it.

Love a boosted apex it just winds up and wont stop pulling. It was fun to race a real sled with comparable power for once. Nice guy too we both agreed it was a clean run.

All done now. Ready for some summer mods!

Back