• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Kingers BOOSTED garage....

Got the shocks back from hygear and got to work after putting my daughter to bed. I"m going to nickname the garage the "sauna" I think I lost 5 lbs of water last night!

Anyway got some weights people might be interested in. First is the ZX2 151" fully dressed with 2 shocks:
2012-07-23_20-37-57_204.jpg

Next was the bumper weight of the sled to see how strong I need to be to handle the back end when its buried in a deep drift or hole:
2012-07-23_21-31-45_769.jpg

Holy geezes that heavy 190lbs. I weigh around 220lbs so its like lifting me everytime I get stuck....may have to look for a powderjack LOL

Got the suspension and it looks AWESOME really balanced the sled out, it no longer looks like I cut it off in the back end. No picts of that as my camera locked up from the 100 degree heat LOL, when that happened I gave up and went inside haha.

Finally out of the shop, handles great on grass LOL

2012-07-25_07-45-35_375.jpg

2012-07-25_07-45-42_54.jpg

Heading to Ulmers now for a dyno tune for clutching and a overall check up on engine health after 5000 miles of boost on a head shimmed engine running 91.

When it gets back I will finish up the rear end and I have a unique idea for added brake light that will be cool looking and lightweight.

Short vid clip of Yoshi Exhaust:

Beauty job Kinger. ;)!

Thanks guys that means a lot, you all build some nice stuff as well! Its at Ulmers now getting dyno tuned and clutched so I wont have to mess with that this winter.

Its up to Ulmer but the sled might be at Haydays in his booth.

Engine leak down numbers:

Cylinder 1 = 6%

Cylinder 2 = 6%

Cylinder 3 = 9%

Cylinder 4 = 7%

What a machine. Been boosted for over 5000 miles, some with high compression and race fuel the majority with head shim and 91 gas. Even ran a tank of 87 and Toroco in it once when I got in a pinch. I am so impressed with this engine its amazing to me. Heading to the dyno this week but I dont expect a big change probably right in that 240-250hp range.

For those worried about a boosted trail sled in the midwest, DON'T this thing will take it, although the off season mainteance is higher then a stocker (chains, drivers, etc) but every year it darn near throws me off as I forgot how fast it is and its totally worth it LOL.

kinger said:
Engine leak down numbers:

Cylinder 1 = 6%

Cylinder 2 = 6%

Cylinder 3 = 9%

Cylinder 4 = 7%

What a machine. Been boosted for over 5000 miles, some with high compression and race fuel the majority with head shim and 91 gas. Even ran a tank of 87 and Toroco in it once when I got in a pinch. I am so impressed with this engine its amazing to me. Heading to the dyno this week but I dont expect a big change probably right in that 240-250hp range.

For those worried about a boosted trail sled in the midwest, DON'T this thing will take it, although the off season mainteance is higher then a stocker (chains, drivers, etc) but every year it darn near throws me off as I forgot how fast it is and its totally worth it LOL.

With head shim.... yes very safe but without... not good if your not running race gas mix.

Glad you got yours working now Tom!

Mine was pretty carboned up from all the idling its seen since March, going to run some new yamaha RX engine cleaner in it and the numbers should get back closer to 5%.

I hope we get snow or I'm dead serious I'm converting this to a bike to ride in the summer!

kinger said:
Glad you got yours working now Tom!

Mine was pretty carboned up from all the idling its seen since March, going to run some new yamaha RX engine cleaner in it and the numbers should get back closer to 5%.

I hope we get snow or I'm dead serious I'm converting this to a bike to ride in the summer!

That would be one hell of a bike :Rockon:

Kinger, just read through your whole sled build up. Great job on everyting! You really made it come together. We'll definitly have to meet up some time this winter.

Thanks grizz, it would be fun to meet up sometime!

Attached is the final dyno. On the first one the sled busted Allen's dyno he then had to get a new shaft and eased into it more on the final run. The power comes on just as fast as the pre run but wow what a difference in track HP. I had the clutches tuned last time for 10T drivers, 1" x121" track, 24/42 gearing. Now it has the 151x1.25", 9T avids, 24/38 stock gearing and some dyno time with allen changing the springs and helix. Went from 70 grams to 82 grams to keep RPM's in check. Gotto love it!

I thought it would be off by 5-10hp boy was I wrong! No wonder it seemed to be a bit off from last year. With all the traction of the 151 now and the addition of 60+ equivalent hp should tear my shoulders up pretty good!

Attachments

• Kinger1.jpg
    Kinger1.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 267

Back