• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Kingers BOOSTED garage....

Had the pleasure to work on an 08 Nytro last month. Took the front end off too check for damage from a culvert hit. It also needed all three exhaust headers.
Was completely shocked how much of the sled was made of plastic and held together with plastic fasteners. The Apex is much more of a robustly built sled.

Had the pleasure to work on an 08 Nytro last month. Took the front end off too check for damage from a culvert hit. It also needed all three exhaust headers.
Was completely shocked how much of the sled was made of plastic and held together with plastic fasteners. The Apex is much more of a robustly built sled.
The haters will never understand the deltabox chassis. So well built, and I had mine down to SW weight too. That chassis should be 150 lbs lighter then my apex. I had it within 20-30.

love live the Apex!

BrilliantOblongEgret-size_restricted.gif

Probably the best break in a motor could ask for, LOTs of accel and decel ditch banging a groomed trail! The apex flies better then the SW too! Airing it out and landing the ZX2 just soaks it up. Many times I grabbed WOT for a second only to let off and go full decel. It was great! Sled is a little soft powe wise with the low compression, can’t wait to ADD a turbo ;)

Many starts and stops and it never ran anything other then perfect. Idled smooth, no break ups, ver crisp.

So excited to have this beast back in the stable! SW is dead to me. It’s in the shop probably won’t see that until July. :o|

Brought it in for the 100 mile check up and flawless! No leaks! Added a tiny bit of coolant as expected. A little more belt dust then I remember on the MPI SC belt behind the oil tank but otherwise I see nothing wrong. That said I need to monitor my HYFAX closely, it appears to be worn very bad in one spot on each rail and its brand new with less then 150 miles. Its cheap ski doo type 8 aftermarket stuff because I can't get the ADB slides anymore. Hoping I can find a profile that has dupont inserts in them for future use of the ZX2. Heading out for 100-150 mile ride this tomorrow, this is actually fun again!

have fun!

Put 120 miles on and the engine is solid! Works well and felt a little stronger this weekend. 220 miles total on it. Held to bar for 3 seconds this time. :sled1:

All was not flawless though. I think all the jumps cracked my exhaust, as it got louder and louder all night. It was going to end up in the trash anyway this summer when I add the turbo so no big deal.

Also have a severe knocking sound when rolling slowly. I thought at first it may be my SC drive system but I think its just a bogey although it sounds like it’s under the hood. Ill have to take a closer look in the shop next week. I only notice it under slow speeds. Like right at clutch engagement. Hopefully it’s something simple. Remember I have done ZERO maintenance to the ZX2. Its almost 15 years old now. So a bearing out on a bogey could make sense. I hope it’s not a drivetrain bearing.
Still soooooo much fun!!! Sled is so fast!! Love it!

Well now that I’m confident in the new engine, time to get building. I was really wanting a carbon fiber rear suspension but I was unsure if I would like it. The ZX2 is my favorite ever but parts are not made anymore. I used the FB site and asked if anyone had one, sure enough I found one in NB Canada! He shipped it and I now have replacement parts for the life of the skid! Also ordered 4 sets of hyfax from AD Boivn! I should be good and can commit to the ZX2. That said I wanted to reduce the weight of it. The arms and rails weigh around 23lbs but the entire skid weighs in at over 56lbs. I was hoping to be nipping at 40lbs. I broke down the parts skid and with a Team Fast air shock, 7075 shafts vs steel, less wheels, I think I am going to be very close!

74229BF5-D17D-4DCF-BF9F-F5F0A2D8A126.jpeg

Here is a comparison of shock lengths. You can see the fast 0.5” shorter. Not good. I will have to grt creative.
A22208F1-DBF0-4099-9B57-852025A90581.jpeg

The arms are 3.5lbs each. You can see they lay flat....titanium replacements??? Maybe I’ll see!

04C3C1AA-FB2B-4C0A-ABA0-AB6C35F876F1.jpeg

Lastly caught a easter sale on a digital dash that will go with my Motec!! Can’t wait to use this one! So many cool warnings and a nice upgrade over traditional gauges I have always ran. This will feed via canbus from Motec so I will see what the ecu sees in realtime. Amazing technology!
88BE9732-DE87-4DB9-8F63-276C9F253A6A.jpeg

So I did a thing! Bought a Comp Air Cooled turbo! A CT3081E-5858 to be exact with a 0.82 A/R V-band lightweight SS housing. It will be the ultimate top end turbo and will feed the SC. No oil or water lines! Just grease it before each trip and its done! Super simple and now wont interfere with my SC which is in the way of a oil filter sandwich adapter. This makes everything so much easier, I hope it lasts and that I sized it right!
Here is the info on it:

Back