• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Knockout kit

How is this disappointing on so many levels? Is it the outrageously expensive price....?
I remain open minded to it unless it proves me wrong after racking up a bunch of miles on it.
If it doesn't work, so be it, I'm out $70 bucks. Whoop-de-doo. The sky isn't falling.
I appreciate the suppliers effort to address the annoying rattle.
You are 100%... Until proven wrong. Wouldn't have it any other way.
My first thought is telling me to give it one more try and pack it with another Grease. (5mins on Tapp grease)
My second thought tells me that other grease could provide a bit more success, but for how long?
And then there's my third thought. Pull it all out and go to plan "c"
Now plan "c" takes time to get parts. I can't do any testing as to whether a different grease will provide the satisfaction im looking for, until I see snow again, and right now there is none.
Cold temps are coming in, and snow is on the way, for the area I ride in. 350miles away.
Do I really want waste time on the grease game? What are the odds? Lol.
Or do I go directly to plan "c"
There is no harm in my words and This only affects me.
I'm not even mad, a little. Just deep into thought, as what to do at this point.
"Disappointment on so many levels" poor instructions by Tapp, my own ignorance, assumed product would work as billed, for me.
That would be so many levels

Last edited:

Ultimately, we know that the "rattle" or "noise" is a nuisance and not a detrimental issue. For years we have lived with it!

1704032682871.png

Ultimately, we know that the "rattle" or "noise" is a nuisance and not a detrimental issue. For years we have lived with it!
Yup. I'm waiting for "the answer" that will show up on page 75.

Ok....one last time. I'm going to have an industry-leading company look at my mint, 3800 MI non-tuned clutch. Then I will repack with special grease I found from NASA.
Can't answer why questions until finished.
IMG_20240102_094145926_copy_1536x2048.jpg

Are the set screws for the weight pins tight? They look like they are sticking out a ways.

Ok....one last time. I'm going to have an industry-leading company look at my mint, 3800 MI non-tuned clutch. Then I will repack with special grease I found from NASA.
Can't answer why questions until finished.
View attachment 174905

Stock weights?? With holes in heel end lol

Pics I promised....
Earthling, I need your help. Can you please verify with the team, what you found on my cold fire clutch noise? As I know you made your way to the group and listened to it personally. If you choose to ignore, I understand your position.
Your delay in this matter will only further my delay in helping others solve this situation.
Please earthling do the right thing.
IMG_20240102_112835383_copy_1536x2048.jpg
IMG_20240102_113529031_copy_1536x2048.jpg

IMG_20240102_113107078_copy_1536x2048.jpg

Last edited:
Is that the grease that came in the kit?

Back