• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Lack of accessories for viper mtn

woodzynh

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 Yamaha Viper XTX LE
Anyone notice the lack of accessories for the viper mountain sleds. Windshields, skid plates say they don't fit mtx and XTX le? I'd like a bigger riser, nothing there.

Some of the Arctic Cat accessories transfer over, but yes, I know what you mean by lack thereof on Yamaha's part...

Just get the Cat stuff. I just put on the M8 tunnel bag on mine along with glove bag in place of screen by handlebars

Looks like Yamaha has a nice mountain bag and they have a goggle bag. Guess I'll go with a CAT riser (as long as it doesn't say CAT)...from the catalog it looks like they say 3.5" will work, 2" is standard. I'm at a loss what to do about mirrors, skid plate, and possibly windshield. Also the flairs, handle bar bag don't fit? Why doesn't the standard viper stuff fit? Doesn't make sense that the windshields and skid plate don't fit.

I'm buying arctic cat accesorize with the cat emblems just to piss off the M crowd. Can't tell you how many of my arctic cat friends tell me it's not a real yamaha. Now I call it the Arctic cat Viper just for spite.

Looks like Yamaha has a nice mountain bag and they have a goggle bag. Guess I'll go with a CAT riser (as long as it doesn't say CAT)...from the catalog it looks like they say 3.5" will work, 2" is standard. I'm at a loss what to do about mirrors, skid plate, and possibly windshield. Also the flairs, handle bar bag don't fit? Why doesn't the standard viper stuff fit? Doesn't make sense that the windshields and skid plate don't fit.
Just gotta ask... mirrors? Flares? on a mtn sled? That stuff would be broken off the first rip through the trees or in my most often case of rolling down a mountain.

Just gotta ask... mirrors? Flares? on a mtn sled? That stuff would be broken off the first rip through the trees or in my most often case of rolling down a mountain.

Im with you on that one. When i saw the tunnel flares on the MTX in Conquer Snow promotional vid I was like Why???? why would you want something that will get you stuck easier and collect snow. And as far as mirrors go if someone is going to put them on a Mountain sled might as well go with the extra high windscreen and modular helmet and then just ride trails with it lol

Back