• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

LTX 137 lack of transfer..Reasoning/Solution?

More wraps on the spring and diameter is .375” compared to .400”......Hygear is definitely softer/less rate. But the angle could be different (preload).

More wraps on the spring and diameter is .375” compared to .400”......Hygear is definitely softer/less rate. But the angle could be different (preload).
I think they bought out the cat supply of the Silver springs in my picture. Wish I would have thought of that but was not happy with that spring. Not enough free sag. Even bent for me.

Can you draw a arrow to the part you made,so it is a little more clear. Thanks
The stock mounting point for the triangle torsion adjust block is the round metal rod seen in the photo. Below that is the added parts that are lower and more forward releasing some of the preload tension of the torsion spring. Another whydidntithinkathat from Travis!

The stock mounting point for the triangle torsion adjust block is the round metal rod seen in the photo. Below that is the added parts that are lower and more forward releasing some of the preload tension of the torsion spring. Another whydidntithinkathat from Travis!

lol but I did..lol but where Travis expanded was the varying holes and expanded range...NICE!

Thanks brother,i was feeling it was the round plug and plate,but just not sure.

OK removed 1 spring. Only one engaged is the lighter LTX spring everyone has. This is how it should be.
DSC00892.JPG

DSC00895.JPG

This is with the second spring engaged and bouncing up and down again. No free sag. Sucks!
DSC00897.JPG

DSC00896.JPG

Last edited:
There ya go. Just take 1 off!

Are hose 6.9 Pilots with Pilot handles?
I still believe that arm move is necessary for what I need. Its hard to explain but Phazer and all 13 Cats had it. I am talking sag caused by the geometry. Absolutely no spring felt within that sag. Most call it slop. I call it ZPS. Differance is when you do start to feel the spring its hard,stiff. Ideally this happens just a hair before the arm hits transfer blocks. Hbishmans adjuster will definitly help get to that point.

CDale you absolutely have to replace that GIANT muffler with a hair dryer!
I don’t even have any hair but I love mine!!!
Never! You all are a bunch a Cheaters. LOL. Its my stock gutted can. Was riding today in a Crabby Neighbor,DNR and Police danger zone! Have a nice little can for the river.

You riding yet ?
Not yet steve,but as I type we have 3" on ground and 3" more predicted before it goes out to sea tomorrow,but the one coming midweek may lay another 6-9" down,more in my camp area,so its coming,by Christmas,we may have some roads to play on,and if lucky groomed trails,keeping fingers crossed. You,any snow yet?

Not yet steve,but as I type we have 3" on ground and 3" more predicted before it goes out to sea tomorrow,but the one coming midweek may lay another 6-9" down,more in my camp area,so its coming,by Christmas,we may have some roads to play on,and if lucky groomed trails,keeping fingers crossed. You,any snow yet?
Rode today. It wasnt pretty but man am I high! FUN!

https://www.facebook.com/steve.spiering.5/posts/2239445226081717

Back