• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Manitoba Ride 2010

There is a slight chance of us making the ride this year but it depends on the weather and if I get another job from now till then. The way the economy is right now and the work so slow I am not refusing anything coming my way. We will see and if it happens it is going to be a last minute thing. At least Musher Mama has the jerky made already in case we can go. :Rockon:

Sled Dog said:
At least Musher Mama has the jerky made already in case we can go. :Rockon:

Rod I think Carol has a Two Year supply stock piled :tg:

We are suppose to see 5-10 CM of snow this weekend so... :letsnow:

Alot more trails are open and being groomed Rod, I hope to have my ride ready soon, looking forward to seeing all the regular MB TY Riders and meet some new ones :flag:

Okay. Were getting down to less than 15 days before this ride starts. The numbers are really low this year and I need to confirm your interest. Please respond and let me know. Also remember to book your hotal room yourself:

UPDATED - FEBRUARY 10
Wednesday, February 24
1-Blustar
2- Sasquatch
3- Jusp69
4- SRXSEX
5- Bountyhounter??
6- rws ??
7- Phazzeron ???
8- Eldercat

[Thursday, February 25
1-Blustar
2- Sasquatch
3- Jusp69
4- SRXSEX
5- Bountyhounter??
6- rws ??
7- Phazzeron
8- Eldercat

Friday, February 26
1-Blustar
2-Blustar's Son
3- Sasquatch
4- Jusp69
5- SRXSEX
6- Bountyhounter??
7- rws ??
8- hlmrx1
9- Phazzeron
10- Eldercat

Saturday, February 27
1-Blustar
2-Blustar's Son
3- Sasquatch
4- Jusp69
5- SRXSEX
6- SRXSEX Wife
7- SRXSEX Kid 1
8- SRXSEX Kid 2
9- Bountyhounter??
10- rws ??
11- hlmrx1
12- Phazzeron
13- Eldercat

Please confirm if I have this all correct (Add or delete your name). Please advise if you have booked your hotel (as per the website - see below). You are on your own to book your room. Each ride will launch daily at the John Howard hotel in Lac du Bonnet daily.

Guys that's the Glenn Howard Inn, http://www.glennhowardinn.com/
not the John Howard.

Unfortunately I won't be able to make the Friday ride as I'll just be getting back from vacation that morning, but should be able to meet up later in the afternoon or evening.

The good news is that we now have snow and the groomers are out trying to get the trails in shape. Hope the weather holds up.

Bounty, has that project done a maiden voyage yet? Better not forget the velcro on the seat!!!!

Will be back and forth to Thompson and the Pas for February and March.......If I am home that weekend and my calf muscle that I tore last weekend allows I will attend some days......I have some holidays left to burn up....

I will Do the Wed and Thursday. But we have a boys weekend at Bird lake on Friday and Saturday so my wife and kids will not be present, However if you guy plan the bird lake loop for Saturday, we will all Join up with you. There is 8 of us.

The Glen Howard Hotel indicated that you can park in the back parking lot. You should make sure you mention you are with the Totally Yamaha Ride when you get there.

I am asking that all be ready to go for 8:30am each day, that means all gassed up etc. The reality of it is that we will likely be out by 9:00am

The rides will likely go as follows:

Wednesday, Feb 24 - Netley Creek - 313 km
Thursday, Feb 25 - Nopiming - 246 km
Friday, Feb 26 - Falcon Lake - 315 km
Saturday, Feb 27 - 135 km (we will have a Kulbassa cookout at Kings Kookout Hut)

I orginally thought of doing Nopiming on Wedensday but the lodge where they sell gas is closed on Tuesday and Wednesdays.

So far we have about 8-13 people who are interested so this makes the runs a bit easier than with 25-40 persons. By getting going at 9:00am, this will make the routes more easier to get in before any darkness settles.

The Glenn Howard Inn has only a few registered so far so make sure you book quickly to avoid disappointment. We will be leaving from the front of the Inn each day but you need to register and sign the TY Waiver before you ride. The Inn said that we can park our trucks/trailers at the back. There is a gas station/convenience store right across the road from the Inn so gassing up shouldn't be a problem. You need to be a registered guest to use the pool and hot tub facilities. Dont forget to get your SnoMan Trail passes as you will need them.

I will be in touch with the groomers to find out their schedule and to see if they can have some of the trails done for Wednesday and Thursday (most are already by Friday for the weekend).

If you need to get in touch with me, you can call me on my cell (Brian @204-793-1442)

On Monday or tuesday, I would like to get an idea as to who is firm on coming and will request this again. If your firm on attending now, send me another email or call me.

We are hoping to meet up with SwissSledders group on one of the evenings for a drink or supper if we can work it out. Those details will be finalized shortly.

Attachments

• GlennHowardInstructions.jpg
    GlennHowardInstructions.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 164
I'm registered 23rd to 27th.

Now if I can only get my parts from AD Boivin on Monday! Broke the bottom shock shaft and ordered replacment parts yesterday. :o| :o| :o|

Maybe I will have to run the Manitoba ride on my Cat again. That'll look good in the pictures one more time!

Back