• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Maptuner X

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX
Maptuner X New.JPG

Jim at Evo sent me one of these cool little toys to play with to add flashes to the ECU without having to send it in every time. Very trick. Quite easy to use. Install the software on your PC, plug it in to your PC and Sync it, this will install updates and register your product. Plug in your ECU, add your vehicle and your VIN will be added to the Tuner X. Re-sync and contact Evo to register your sled VIN.. add as many flashes as you would like to try with the Tuner X and re plug into your ECU and pick which ever flash you want to use.

Now I was pretty content with my Sidewinder with a silencer and a zero flash but I handed down my Ulmer/TY built Viper that makes 12lbs of boost and 235 HP to my fiance and today she blew me away racing.... and I cant have that happen so now its ON LIKE DONKEY KONG..LOL ..Let the mods begin!!

View attachment 125070

Jim at Evo sent me one of these cool little toys to play with to add flashes to the ECU without having to send it in every time. Very trick. Quite easy to use. Install the software on your PC, plug it in to your PC and Sync it, this will install updates and register your product. Plug in your ECU, add your vehicle and your VIN will be added to the Tuner X. Re-sync and contact Evo to register your sled VIN.. add as many flashes as you would like to try with the Tuner X and re plug into your ECU and pick which ever flash you want to use.

Now I was pretty content with my Sidewinder with a silencer and a zero flash but I handed down my Ulmer/TY built Viper that makes 12lbs of boost and 235 HP to my fiance and today she blew me away racing.... and I cant have that happen so now its ON LIKE DONKEY KONG..LOL ..Let the mods begin!!

Checked tracking number on mine and scheduled to show up to my door monday. I can't wait to start using it.

Got the maptuner 3weeks ago waiting for the muffler should arrive this week, clutch arms are still in the refine stage delivery should be end of month. Currently up in Wetmore in stock form rode from St Iggy headed to Gran Marais in the am then Sault and back to Iggy with some of the best trails in 30 years, and the best sled I've ever had....

Got the maptuner 3weeks ago waiting for the muffler should arrive this week, clutch arms are still in the refine stage delivery should be end of month. Currently up in Wetmore in stock form rode from St Iggy headed to Gran Marais in the am then Sault and back to Iggy with some of the best trails in 30 years, and the best sled I've ever had....
They were awesome last week!

Any ideas on costs?

So i guess we need to buy the Maptuner, and then also buy the flash/maps correct?

Can you run only one map at a time? Switch maps on the fly?

Man this is gonna be fun!
Dan

correct me if i'm wrong , But the ECU needs to come out to link it, but if you brought a tab along with you with the flashes on it, it would be possible trail side.

Any ideas on costs?

So i guess we need to buy the Maptuner, and then also buy the flash/maps correct?

Dan

Here is the info on their website on the unit: https://www.evopowersports.com/product/ecu-programming-with-maptuner-x

Right now you have to pull the ECU ever time you want to make a flash change, I have heard that in the future you will be able to have it wire in and make changes on the fly but I do not know when this would be available. This is not for everyone, if you have concerns do more research and go with a Vendor that works best with you.

Any ideas on costs?

Dan
Dan I live close to you and I have the Maptuner X.

Maybe if EVO see's this they can chime in. I have looked but not seen a dyno chart for the tunes. I am not looking to start a dyno number war...just trying to see what the hp vs rpm looks like on the top end so I have a better idea what to clutch too, and to see how much power is lost as rpms creep up.

Maybe if EVO see's this they can chime in. I have looked but not seen a dyno chart for the tunes. I am not looking to start a dyno number war...just trying to see what the hp vs rpm looks like on the top end so I have a better idea what to clutch too, and to see how much power is lost as rpms creep up.

If you follow that link I posted, they do have some gains posted but I don't think that's exactly what you are looking for.

If you follow that link I posted, they do have some gains posted but I don't think that's exactly what you are looking for.

Not really what I'm looking for. I'm looking for HP vs RPM. Trying to see if on glare ice it will be ok to clutch a little lighter and let it rev more for a few more mph. I "think" it makes peak hp around 8900. But wondering what hp is still at if climbs to say 9200

I would think so if you have a USB jack on it. You only need the WIFI and computer to get the updates initially and to add the maps once your vin is registered.
Ok cause ik power commander was never compatible with apple products when I tried to upload maps

Back