• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mechanical Power Steering for Sidewinder - BTX & XTX "bone spindle" kits now available

What setting are you running on the kit?

• Front

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Middle

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Rear (easiest steering)

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've always offered discounts to TY members in past on new products so I am going to do the same for MPS. TY members can get 20% off the kit from now til September 16th. To obtain the discount order it in the online store and enter "tymps" for coupon code and it will take $76 off the order. Since it is not a percentage code you can purchase other items on same order as well.

If you are a ty member and already ordered send me a pm and I will issue you a refund.

Oh man so intrested. Hated going from my Apex eps to the Sidewinder just for that one reason, but hip and knee demanded it. Update plesse. No idea why Yamaha doesn't offer this as a option or a upgrade later.

In an effort to put a numerical value to just how much MPS reduces steering effort I did a little test today with a digital fishing scale. I did the test with tuner skis on a textured concrete pad outside my shop door. The skis had no runners on them, and my center shock spring was set as per the owners manual.

First I tested it with no MPS, and the scale read 36.4 lbs.

Next I installed MPS and set it to the easiest setting. The scale read 21.6 lbs.

These numbers equate to nearly a 40% reduction in steering effort with MPS installed on the sled. By no means is this test 100% precise, but it quantifies what MPS is capable of doing.

IMG_1006.JPG

Last edited:
Nice! We spoke about this on the phone when I ordered mine. The kit from you was waiting for me when I returned from vacation yesterday.

Now all I need is the sled...and snow.

Whoa! I thought you were still working on this kit. So... how much and did get to do any trials on snow?

awesome idea and demo...
In an effort to put a numerical value to just how much MPS reduces steering effort I did a little test today with a digital fishing scale. I did the test with tuner skis on a textured concrete pad outside my shop door. The skis had no runners on them, and my center shock spring was set as per the owners manual.

First I tested it with no MPS, and the scale read 36.4 lbs.

Next I installed MPS and set it to the easiest setting. The scale read 21.6 lbs.

These numbers equate to nearly a 40% reduction in steering effort with MPS installed on the sled. By no means is this test 100% precise, but it quantifies what MPS is capable of doing.

View attachment 130384

Awesome idea and demonstration... wonder what would the reduction be on the highest setting

I will stop in and see Rock at the Milw. Snow show. Hope you will have some kits there.

Back