• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MPI Turbo Viper ongoing Review.....

ok, so you all put a turbo on your viper and boosted it to either 190hp or 220 possibly more. did any of you do anything different with your gearing to go with the new hp?

wileya said:
ok, so you all put a turbo on your viper and boosted it to either 190hp or 220 possibly more. did any of you do anything different with your gearing to go with the new hp?

I am still running stock gearing...

wileya said:

With the stock gearing I'm still going 110+ so I think that is fast enough. Different gearing might help
Here or there, but I'm don't want to spend anymore money for little gains.

I am stock on XTX which has lower gearing to begin with I added overdrive sheaves and without changing the windshield cannot see adding more gear. The wind at 106 just peels you off the sled. I am never cold even at -15 and I ride standing more than 50% of the time due to back so taller windshield no help. I dont want to give up any of the 0-100 pull by going taller so she stays the way she is. :Rockon:

This thing launches hard and pulls well to mid range then it just goes into hyper gear from 40 to 90 its everything I can do to stay on the seat and hold onto the bars.

I finally got everything in as far as turbo, prologger, and clutching. I have only been able to put a few miles on 40, snow not much snow here, but I was wondering if you guys can hear the turbo/blow off? I don't hear anything and just wondering if that's what everyone is experiencing, if so it's the best sleeper setup ever:)

Oh and the prologger fits perfectly under the screen near the dash, I can read it but no one can see it:)

You really have to listen for it at wot let off you hear just a chatter when the ckutch is backshifting

jw440/800 said:
I finally got everything in as far as turbo, prologger, and clutching. I have only been able to put a few miles on 40, snow not much snow here, but I was wondering if you guys can hear the turbo/blow off? I don't hear anything and just wondering if that's what everyone is experiencing, if so it's the best sleeper setup ever:)

Oh and the prologger fits perfectly under the screen near the dash, I can read it but no one can see it:)

Its kind of a whistle... I hear it all the time.

love my Viper! Only complaint is mid to top end performance. I am interested in the MPI Turbo set up. What other parts are required other than the turbo kit?. Is there a controler that you need to buy? Clutching, gauges? Can someone give me an idea of all the bits and peices needed? How much $$ will I need to invest? Or should I just buy the Turbo Cat? I am blue blooded so that option might be a tough one! lol

swamp hog said:
love my Viper! Only complaint is mid to top end performance. I am interested in the MPI Turbo set up. What other parts are required other than the turbo kit?. Is there a controler that you need to buy? Clutching, gauges? Can someone give me an idea of all the bits and peices needed? How much $$ will I need to invest? Or should I just buy the Turbo Cat? I am blue blooded so that option might be a tough one! lol

The MPI turbo comes with everything you will need, fuel controller. You will need to clutch it and also you will need a afr and boost gauge.

Coming off a 2013 SP Limited 1100 Turbo last year and now having about 850 miles on my Viper LTX SE w/MPI turbo I can say that the Viper RULES! I did add the Ulmer clutch kit to my Viper along with 192 Gold Digger studs and 9" Stud Boy Duece carbides. With the motor mods it will cost you over $5K but it makes the sled a rocket! I don't recall my AC turbo having the pull of my Viper. I also like the weight distribution of the Viper. Whenever I tried to launch the front-end heavy AC it wouldn't float like the Viper. Also I have had 0 belt issues unlike the 4 belts that I went through on my AC in just 1,200 miles.

Both YamahaTim & myself have run against f1100 turbos and both beat them with no problem. Tim's victim supposedly was a reflash with 220 or more HP. His guy was so pissed he kept on going, my guy sut down and then said he did not get a good start and was spinnning his track I offered a re-run and he said no.

Is the MPI turbo system reliable? I do a lot of trail riding (Backpack) for 5-7 days straight a couple times a year so reliability is very important. I am handy with wrenches but not a pro. thoughts?

Back