• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MPI Turbo Viper ongoing Review.....

I just wanted to pass along my setting from SimonsCPR dyno run with a MPI Turbo. These ran the best and I have been running them for quite a while on the trail with good luck.

If you dont want to run the numbers thats all good... just posting my results.

6lbs Gems Settings:
Green: 2.5
Yellow: 4
Blue Green: 4
Red: 2

I slighlty modify the red and green depending on temp outside, engine temps on long runs... you have to really be careful with trubos and always watch for temp changes in the motor ...

MrSled said:
FAMILYMAN said:
Tom, are you still running the Koso gauge?

Have you figured it out? Putting mine in this week.

No.. not a fan at all... junk.

Are you talking about the X2 gauge? If so, what is the issue with it? I thought it looked like a great gauge to install with my supercharger install this summer.

MNBlizzard said:
MrSled said:
FAMILYMAN said:

Are you talking about the X2 gauge? If so, what is the issue with it? I thought it looked like a great gauge to install with my supercharger install this summer.

I know I love the way it looks, I just wish It would work. All the problems are with the x2. The gauge will give u wrong AFR numbers when u turn it on with the sled and it will fall to zero all the time on and off the throttle. The only thing I found to get it to work is to have it turn on after the sled is running. Then it works but not sure if the AFR numbers are correct as they are different. If koso would get that working the gauge would be great. They even sent me a replacement guage and it did the same thing. Yamaha Tim also had the same issues. Now we both have vipers so maybe it's something wih that sled.

MrSled said:
MNBlizzard said:
MrSled said:
FAMILYMAN said:

I know I love the way it looks, I just wish It would work. All the problems are with the x2. The gauge will give u wrong AFR numbers when u turn it on with the sled and it will fall to zero all the time on and off the throttle. The only thing I found to get it to work is to have it turn on after the sled is running. Then it works but not sure if the AFR numbers are correct as they are different. If koso would get that working the gauge would be great. They even sent me a replacement guage and it did the same thing. Yamaha Tim also had the same issues. Now we both have vipers so maybe it's something wih that sled.

Mine has been giving me wrong readings since I put it on. Which I didn't know. And it's a good thing that I ran it to rich because I burnt my pistons. After all new pistons and ran it it was reading the exact same false readings. Even though I was really rich. So the KOSO X2 gauge is really nice looking and fits really good, but it's junk! :o|

matt@mpi said:
Duey782 said:
Does anyone have a link to the MPI website? The only page that I can find has supercharger applications only (and is in desperate need of an update)..

Edit: Also, the MPI Turbo kit that Yamaha has made available via the PowerSurge program sells for $2000 US / $2500 CDN, but is only on the MTX for use above 6000 ft ^ sea level.
If one turns down the boost to 6# is warranty still valid if dealer installed on an XTX LE?

Our website sucks! We're working on it. I did hear today that the XTX is available on the boost program. That XTX with the 2.25 powerclaw is one fun sled! I don't have a good answer on the below 6000 ft warranty? I'll try to get that cleared up.

Any updates on this? I'm buying a new sled and would seriously consider a new Viper MTX if it could be turbo'd under warranty for riding in the midwest.

YooperMike said:
matt@mpi said:
Duey782 said:
Does anyone have a link to the MPI website? The only page that I can find has supercharger applications only (and is in desperate need of an update)..

Edit: Also, the MPI Turbo kit that Yamaha has made available via the PowerSurge program sells for $2000 US / $2500 CDN, but is only on the MTX for use above 6000 ft ^ sea level.
If one turns down the boost to 6# is warranty still valid if dealer installed on an XTX LE?

Our website sucks! We're working on it. I did hear today that the XTX is available on the boost program. That XTX with the 2.25 powerclaw is one fun sled! I don't have a good answer on the below 6000 ft warranty? I'll try to get that cleared up.

Any updates on this? I'm buying a new sled and would seriously consider a new Viper MTX if it could be turbo'd under warranty for riding in the midwest.

I don't think Yamaha is going to warranty any turbo's in MI. Only certain states and MN, WI and MI is not one of them.

YooperMike said:
matt@mpi said:
Duey782 said:

I don't think we'll ever get a straight answer on this one. I think Yamaha says 6000 get to draw a line in the sand. But if it was me I wouldn't be too worried about the warranty of the motor.

Still out riding.... 190 more miles on in the UP of Michigan.

Attachments

• IMG_0780.JPG
    IMG_0780.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 102
Thanks Tom, you just have to keep rubbing it in don't you :o| Your just making us feel even worse, But seriously have a Great time and enjoy it for all of us that can't be there. Can''t wait till next year already! Thank Goodness for Summer Toys ;)!

no grooming but still snowing. 3-6 today in eastern u.p. and muni is supposed to get another foot.

Forgot to ask, Tom, are you just riding in the Kingston Plains? or are the trails still good? I would think there would have to be getting some thin spots where they are out in the open?

Agman 57 said:
Forgot to ask, Tom, are you just riding in the Kingston Plains? or are the trails still good? I would think there would have to be getting some thin spots where they are out in the open?

We are still riding from the hotel.... looks like some new snow fell so it will make this next weekend even better.

06dukeGT said:
MrSled said:
Still out riding.... 190 more miles on in the UP of Michigan.

What are the trails like up there? And are they still out grooming? Can't believe still riding in mid april :Rockon: :Rockon:

No grooming but the trails are really pretty good yet. :Rockon:

Back