• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Ecu flash for Yamaha Viper/Arctic cats 7000 w/POLL

Your experience with the December 2018 Viper ecu update

• Total voters

Here's my experience with the new flash from this week, as I only got out for one run at the end of last year with the flash on a mild day and mostly off trail.

Cold start:
Didn't really get a good chance to test this, because my sled sat all year, was started 3-4 times to get on the trailer/service, then it was -10C during the week and wouldn't start until I put a booster pack on it. So the battery was drained.

Hot starts:
Drove the sled ~20km, shut it off for ~5 mins, and it took 3 cycles to finally get it going. Never had one issue though with starting for the rest of the day with pit stops ranging from 10mins to 60 mins. We put close to 160km on.

Performance
I obviously can't say for sure, but the sled seemed to pull hard. I'm entirely stock for reference. Last year, I was not able to get the sled over 85mph under any conditions. It was maxed. This trip, I hit 93mph once and clipped 90mph multiple times. I can't say with 100% certainty that it is related to solely the flash, as my belt deflection was modified as well during the pre-season maintenance. It was a bit high on the secondary.

Overall
If my sled keeps starting predictably under cold/hot starts, even with the slightly longer crank time, I'll be happy. Hopefully my initial cold start was simply the battery, and the 1st hot start was working the old fuel/battery issue to start the day :)

Viper and ZR 7000's are not speed demons but getting to full throttle is a thrill. Torque monsters no doubt.
I rode with a Ski-Doo SS 500 2 smoker and his top speed was much like my ZR7000 but I could get there a lot faster than he could

So far this season running 87 oct only and I have only had one occasion where I needed 2 trys to start the thing and it was real warm out. Get on sled hold brake and turn the key till its fully running and a hair more. No prime nothing. I like the new flash best.

So far this season running 87 oct only and I have only had one occasion where I needed 2 trys to start the thing and it was real warm out. Get on sled hold brake and turn the key till its fully running and a hair more. No prime nothing. I like the new flash best.
That's exactly the same results I'm having with mine. I find it quite acceptable.

Put on 400km (300 one day) on the weekend, sled started every time perfectly (hot and cold). I'm quite happy with this flash

No complaints with mine. Actually impressed by the sleds performance.

Hey guys so these posts are related to the current most up to date flash? Mine is current version minus 1, seems to start and run fine, curious if I should get it flashed with the latest.

Back