• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NLVMAX'S Nytro SE Garage: Mod Update

Here are a few more...

IMG_3915.jpg

IMG_3918.jpg

IMG_3927.jpg

IMG_3909.jpg

Still no snow :o|

Dude,

I'd let you work on my sled anytime. By far the cleanest and best looking trail tank install I've seen to date. As with everything else on your sled, your attention to detail and meticulousness is second to none.

Looks great.

Goddo, I call no making up words on this forum. But I do agree with the crux of your statement. That sled is almost too sexy – kinda like me.

arteeex said:
Goddo, I call no making up words on this forum. But I do agree with the crux of your statement. That sled is almost too sexy – kinda like me.

I'm not sure its a made up word...Firefox has built in spell check and it gave me the correct spelling for the word... :dunno:

That sled and the time you are putting into it, is turning out to be something special. Nice job so far. Can't wait to when/if you get into the engine.

:bling :bling

Are you thinking of switching to the locking washer some of the guys are using? Instead of the o-rings on the thumb screws? I left my o-rings for now and haven't decided.

sheetwright said:
Are you thing of switching to the locking washer some of the guys are using; instead of the o-rings on the thumb screws? I left my o-rings for now and haven't decided.

Yes sir. I think this is a great idea. I don't want to be losing washers and o-rings, or thumb screws.
I dropped them quite a few times while I was putting them in and out while lining everything up.
Do you remember the thread about the lock washers? I think it is # 8 but I guess I could take a screw with me.
Thanks
Steve

sheetwright said:
That sled and the time you are putting into it, is turning out to be something special. Nice job so far. Can't wait to when/if you get into the engine.

Maybe, just not yet. Hmmm... I gotta drive this thing first. LOL.
How's your sled running. I see you have lots done. She looks awesome. Curious about the stroker??
Keep us posted.

Goddo said:
Dude,

I'd let you work on my sled anytime. By far the cleanest and best looking trail tank install I've seen to date. As with everything else on your sled, your attention to detail and meticulousness is second to none.

Looks great.

Thanks buddy. Spent a lot of time on her so far, waiting now like yourself for the white stuff. Any snow in the hills yet? I guess there is just gotta get to it.

big fancy words, way gooder sleds (its a word, I checked)........the season is just starting.

Great work Newf, what did you use for adhesive to reattach the stock heat shield material...?

cheers, Brian

NLVMAX said:
sheetwright said:

Maybe, just not yet. Hmmm... I gotta drive this thing first. LOL.
How's your sled running. I see you have lots done. She looks awesome. Curious about the strocker??
Keep us posted.

Goddo said:
Dude,

Looks great.

Thanks buddy. Spent a lot of time on her so far, waiting now like yourself for the white stuff. Any snow in the hills yet? I guess there is just gotta get to it.
hope I never bump into you. I have never ridden my sled yet either. Its an addiction to have it close to right prior to snow flying. Hope the stroker does what I want it to. I will keep you guys informed

gormleyflyer2002 said:
big fancy words, way gooder sleds (its a word, I checked)........the season is just starting.

Great work Newf, what did you use for adhesive to reattach the stock heat shield material...?

cheers, Brian

That's Mr. Newf. LOL! The fancy words are coming now.
Actually, it peeled off fairly easy from the Oem tank. Some adhesive stayed on and all I did was stick it on the TrailTank and seal up with heat tape.

Thanks

Goddo said:
Dude,

By far the cleanest and best looking trail tank install I've seen to date.

Thanks Goddo, you could have said equally best or at least in the top two.

:tg:

NL, great work, real nice job. Any thoughts about taking the sticker off the panel that goes around the gas filler neck.

About this small center panel on the trail tank around the filler neck. I thought there were tab inserts where the original tank side panels attached. It looks as if yours are gone. Did you modify the panel in any way?

Attachments

• SMA-Cover-62-00-500[1].jpg
    SMA-Cover-62-00-500[1].jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 84
KINS said:
Goddo said:
Dude,

By far the cleanest and best looking trail tank install I've seen to date.

Thanks Goddo, you could have said equally best or at least in the top two.

:tg:

NL, great work, real nice job. Any thoughts about taking the sticker off the panel that goes around the gas filler neck.

About this small center panel on the trail tank around the filler neck. I thought there were tab inserts where the original tank side panels attached. It looks as if yours are gone. Did you modify the panel in any way?

Trimmed the center panel:
IMG_3891-1.jpg

IMG_3927-1.jpg

I had better light in the second pic but you get the gist of it. Oh, that sticker is going shortly.
Thanks
Mr. Newf

Back