• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NLVMAX'S Nytro SE Garage: Mod Update

NLVMAX said:
First Impression after 337 Km's.

Well finally got to ride the SE for the first time Christmas Eve. We left Hughes Brook and headed to Bonne Bay. Well we had close to a couple feet of fresh powder to play with so we took advantage.

What can I say, I love this sled. Very pleased with the machine so far. The motor flat out rocks with 0 hesitation. Quick acceleration is not the word. Also, very Impressed with stock clutching. Hold on going from 0-100. Back shift is great. Bottom torque felt stronger than any 800 I've rode. Mid to Top felt similar. Hardly used brake.

Running boards are nice and wide and great with snow evacuation. Nice job. Excellent grip.

Coming off my Vmax, I love the rider forward positon. Besides the motor I think this is what I like best. Sitting to standing happens effortlessly. Puts you in control. Found the 2" rox riser works well. Being 6' it gives me the extra comfort while standing and it's comfortable while sitting also.

Think I should go up a hole on the front limiter strap. I need more ski pressure. Got some pushing in the corners.
Going around turns in powder sled wants to roll some what when you let off the gas(front dives). As you know this is due to the stock skis(narrow) I assume and wider skis would be a must in the deep stuff. Found the stock skis okay on the hard pack with darting not a big concern. Sled actually feels light. No trouble to toss around in deeper snow.(Fresh pow we had to play with) Easy to carve with.

A-arm protectors work great. Seems to help with flotation and the snow from coming @ you. Big thanks to http://www.muffinworksltd.com/ for helping with this issue.

Still have the wet left foot issue while riding in deeper snow. Didn't think this would happen. Guess I'm gonna have to close off vents and other holes in hood where snow can get in.

Hand warmers aren't good. I was always checking to see if they were on. Seem like they kick in evey now and then. Not impressed. My buddy on his 08 Vector has to turn his down because they get so hot.

Stock gauge display is tiny but I could easily read it.

More than happy with the 1.5" Intense track. Very aggressive track and bites hard on trail. Can't wait to try it in the deep powder. Had a chance to run machine on some rough stuff. This suspension just laughs at it. Straight through the bumps. Oh, did I say I love this motor. Jumping from one mogul to another was a blast. Looking forward to getting her dialed in.

This is my first 4 stoke and am more than happy with it. Rates high on the fun factor scale. I will probably surprise a few people this winter. Couple minor issues to sort out to make it better. ;)! Pics to come. Can't wait til the next ride!

This pic was taken near Rocky Pond Branch Road. December 24/08

IMG_3668.jpg

Fresh Moose Sign earlier this morning. This road was couple miles long like this. December 26/08

IMG_3722.jpg

Un-touched trail to enjoy
IMG_3720.jpg

TIE DOWNS

Here is a small addition to my sled but very useful. I put a Tie Down Ring on either side of tunnel so I could carry something extra.
Useful when going to the cabin and I want to take an extra back pack or something else.

Simply, I drilled a couple 3/16 holes on either side and riveted on these.

IMG_4500.jpg

IMG_4502.jpg

IMG_4501.jpg

IMG_3698.jpg

Very roomy. Lots of room in each compartment for some food and tools. Also, I like the small compartment on top.
Only thing I found the zipper wasn't the easiest to use first but it lossens up with use. Fold up top flap on zipper and it works better. Easy to take the Saddle bags on and off.

gormleyflyer2002 said:
the lab pics is brilliant......great hat

Thanks. Figured this might get a laugh or two.
Went to the Cabin and it was a 15 km run from Viking Trail and snowing heavy at times and windy/cold. About half way there Birchy didn't like it too much. That's when I put the Yamaha Fur hat on him. He didn't even try to take it off. Wouldn't get off when I crossed this ramp where the culvert was washed out. Looks worst than it is, lot of people turned around and wouldn't cross but I know who put it there.

IMG_3703.jpg

NLVMAX said:
Very roomy. Lots of room in each compartment for some food and tools. Also, I like the small compartment on top.
Only thing I found the zipper wasn't the easiest to use first but it lossens up with use. Fold up top flap on zipper and it works better. Easy to take the Saddle bags on and off.

The tabs on the zippers break off very easily on the side compartments FYI. I ended up putting some wire through them, twisting them and then taping them up. Many miles like this without issue. I broke off the tabs that were on it in probably the third trip which made them an absolute boar to try and get open with cold hands.

3165190880_830eaefdac_b.jpg

This bag also gets soaked with snow dust on these shorties. You'll want to make sure to use grocery bags to keep your spare gloves/phone/registration dry in there.

Great idea on the registration stickers as well. I'll be rolling mine out of storage tomorrow to do a Trail Tank install and I'll post a picture of how bad my provincial sticker is after just one season.

bagadonitz said:
The tabs on the zippers break off very easily on the side compartments FYI. I ended up putting some wire through them, twisting them and then taping them up. Many miles like this without issue. I broke off the tabs that were on it in probably the third trip which made them an absolute boar to try and get open with cold hands.

This bag also gets soaked with snow dust on these shorties. You'll want to make sure to use grocery bags to keep your spare gloves/phone/registration dry in there.

Great idea on the registration stickers as well. I'll be rolling mine out of storage tomorrow to do a Trail Tank install and I'll post a picture of how bad my provincial sticker is after just one season.

Yup, when your hands are cold these things are a pain to open.
Had a similar thing happen with Royal Saddle bags. They held up for almost 3 seasons before the zippers broke and the bottom blew out =lost some stuff.
Keep us posted on your tank install.

Well I am on to my next Install. I had to put some miles on the machine(stock) so I could tell the difference. It was quite tempting though to put on when I was doing the TrailTank. For what this system cost, I definitely had to wait.
Oh well, time to strip her down again. Got some Cr10ek's I might put in as well. I don't expect to feel the difference.

IMG_4515.jpg

You don't hold back. You are like my idol!

Oh I can't wait till my wife finishes nursing school next year and I can once again buy all the things I "need" like skis, rails, track, drivers & tunnel extension. This year I'm going to settle for my trail tank and maybe some revalving. Hell maybe even exhaust and turbo!

and how loud it seams compaired to stock, got my box sitting hear as well, waiting for trail tank to install both at once but getting impatiant might just put it on this weekend

I wanted an exhaust that will give performance numbers and not to loud. Excell was the best I could find for the Nytro. Aaron was great to deal with. My buddy and I installed the Header on his 08 Vector. He can notice the difference and the sound is sweet.
Here is the link: http://www.excellmotorsports.com/

IMG_3580.jpg

Gonna start the install this week. Since there is low mileage on her the exhaust donuts will be re-useable. I hope.

You might be interested in ordering the exhaust gasket that goes between the cylinder head and the flex tubes. To get the old header pipe out, you need to first remove the flex tubes from the cylinder head. According to the workshop manual, this gasket should be tightened only once. I know that a lot of people have re-used this gasket, but if you want to do a proper job according to the workshop manual...

Back