• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NLVMAX'S Nytro SE Garage: Mod Update

NLVMAX said:
There is a support bracket that holds the header in place. You have to drill out a bunch of rivets, unbolt and then the header can come back. No need to remove flex tubes. Installing this week.
NVLMAX, this is correct! When you tighten the header to the flex tubes tap on the clamps with the handle if a screwdriver or something similar as you are tightening them up. This will assure that they fully seat on the tapper. OH, and prepare to smile when you light her up!! ;)!

Hey 1050, I have had a smile on since I bought this exhaust. How do you like your's? Can't wait to try it.
I will post info later. Looks like a nice smooth install. I put the plugs in tonight. CR10eks I got from http://www.ulmerracing.com/. All you need is a 5/8 spark plug socket and your set. Torque to 9.4 ft.lb

IMG_4706.jpg

IMG_4699.jpg

kingedwards99 said:
get some k&ns it sounds even more thoraty with the exhaust. :flag:

Thought about it. Don't you need a Power Commander when you put on the K&N's?
Wondering if anyone has had any problems with snow and moisture getting through the pre filters. I can't see it being a concern trail riding but in the deeper stuff maybe?

I have the excell and pciii with the k&ns, not sure if you need it or not, i knew i did because my sled hesitated when i put a silencer on it last year, so this year i bought an excell with the pciii. About going thru the snow, thats pretty much all i've been riding in is powder conditions 2-3ft of snow worth, and also trail, the only time it was sord of freezing up (throttle was sticking every now and then, but i think it was at the throttle, i unhooked the tors for that ride.) is when i was riding in -50 windshield whether, and i rode the trail all day that day, but i also received some bad gas that day. So I have nothing but good things to say about the k&n's. PS You already have everything else on your sled you just as well get the k&ns and pcIII if you need it.LOL :Rockon:

K&N is not in the budget this year. Good to hear you like them. Sounds like they will work nice with the excell.
Plan for now is to run exhaust without pc. Take it from there.
Should get some time tomorrow to finish install.

I run the K&N filter kit, Yosh RS5 and the CR10EK's, sled works great, no hesitation, just more rpm and a lot more growl, which = more HP. This past week, I was out bangin around in HUGE 10-15 foot drifts and 2 of my filters came loose. It's actually a good thing I wiped out and had the sled upside down, never would have looked otherwise, could have done some serious damage to the engine in all that powder too.... :o| 30 mins later, a few zip ties and some tools and I was cleared for take off ! I highly recommend that if anyone is planning on installing the filters and running the sled through very rough terrain to fab up a support bracket for the filters, otherwise they'll be off in no time.

Hope that isn't a reaccuring problem with the filters coming loose. Maybe a support brace should be added to the kit. Could cause a big problem. How long was it like that before you noticed it?

If I modify my Intake I will have to get the PCIII. Migth have to work it in the budget, not sure. I'm going to need all the extra power I can get. Brother just sold his doo 800 and bought a 06 Apex rtx! :-o I call no racing over 660ft lol.

EXCELL EXHAUST INSTALL

Here are a few features listed by Excell Motorsports:
-Design Inspired by Super Bike Exhaust Systems
-Fully Tig Welded & Precision Formed Stainless Steel Construction
-Smooth Bends, Large Diameter Head Pipes and Merge-Style Collector for Maximum Flow
-No Modifications to Machine Necessary
-True Bolt on Performance
-No Extra Tunnel Protectors Necessary, Including Studded Machines

IMG_3580.jpg

Very happy with how the install went. Instructions where easy to follow and the design and finish of the system is absolutely flawless. No trouble to tell, a lot of time has gone into this system. It is dynoed so there is no guessing here. Can't wait to try it out.

Here are a couple pics of the header and silencer.

IMG_4519.jpg

IMG_3586.jpg

IMG_3585.jpg

More to come...

EXCELL EXHAUST INSTALL

1. Disassemble the Rear Plastic and Seat.
-This includes the exhaust cover, tail light plastic, rear side covers, seat bolts and top plastic.

IMG_3080.jpg

2. Remove the Exhaust
-There are 3 rubber plugs on the heat shield, pop them out. use a 12mm socket and loosen silencer clamp. Remove hanger bolts and allen bolts at rear. Remove the exhaust.

IMG_4545.jpg

3. Time to remove the Heat shield and Tank.
- Remove heat shield using 6mm socket, and remove exhaust mount 12mm. Time to take off the main side panels. Disconnect the fuel pump connector and pull back red snap lock on fuel line to remove it.
Un hook fuel gauge sending meter plug and vent hose. Remove tank bolts 12mm.

IMG_4558.jpg

Remove heat shield bolts 6mm.

IMG_4570.jpg

Remove heat shield

IMG_4576.jpg

Next...

EXCELL EXHAUST INSTALL

4. Remove Stock Header
-Take out 2 rubber plugs on Tunnel and unbolt 5mm allen. Unbolt the 3 exhaust bands with 5mm.
-Now time to drill out 10 rivets.

Two here and on other side along with the six on top.
IMG_4594.jpg

-Remove header bracket from under tunnel and remove the stock header.
I used a couple blocks of wood so there was no pressure on the exhaust donuts when removing it.
IMG_4584.jpg

IMG_4595.jpg

IMG_4600.jpg

EXCELL INSTALL

5. Time to Install new Excell Header
- Put the bracket in place and re rivet on. Carefully put header on tight to exhaust donuts and tighten clamps. 6.5 ft lbs.

IMG_4614-1.jpg

IMG_4648.jpg

- Use high temp silicone on mid pipe to exhaust connection.

IMG_4707.jpg

-Install new exhaust and use the supplied hook springs to fasten the exhaust to the header pipe.

IMG_4710.jpg

IMG_4715.jpg

More...

EXCELL INSTALL

-Mount Excell exhaust bracket to bottom of heat shield with two bolts and washers supplied. And drill two holes for the new plastics to be installed on tunnel.

IMG_4649.jpg

-Rivet top plate supplied to heat shield.

IMG_4664.jpg

IMG_4667.jpg

6. Reinstall the Heat Shield
- Bolt heat shield down 7.2 ft lb. And install silencer clamp through the bracket holes just installed using the 2 3/8 nuts.
-Tricky part is keeping the silencer Centered. Took abit to get it right while tightening the clamp.

IMG_4718.jpg

More...

EXCELL EXHAUST INSTALL

-Finally, Install the Excell Plastic.
-The bolts coming through top of heat shield are used now to secure the plastic on top. Line the holes up and use washers and lock nuts supplied.
- Bolt down bottom plastic to tunnell.
IMG_4721.jpg

IMG_4727.jpg

Now I put the header heat shield on and all rubber plugs. Reinstall fuel tank and lines going to tank. Plug in the sender connector. Reinstall seat bolts(17ft.lb) and main side panels. Now install the rear side plastics which snap nicely into the Excell Plastic. I think this is actually better than the OEM Plastic.

Here it is:

IMG_4761.jpg

IMG_4756.jpg

IMG_4760.jpg

Waiting for the High Temp Silicone to completely dry now and then I can start her up.
Just got to put in the heavier weights in primary now. These are supplied from Excell. Should get done today.

Big thanks to Aaron Excell @ http://www.excellmotorsports.com/

Back