• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NLVMAX'S Nytro SE Garage: Mod Update

Thanks fxnytrortx3. All credit goes to Aaron @ Excell Motorsports. I'm just happy to have it. Haven't gone for a run with it yet but I did start her up today and it sounds wicked.

I see you're running the Ultra q, must sound nice?

CLUTCHING

Primary only. Replacing the stock rivet in the outer tip with a 3.6 gram rivet supplied with full exhaust system.
Remove Clutch guard
Remove Belt
Remove 6 bolts on primary clutch cover. Do this evenly. Do three at a time.

IMG_4765.jpg

Mark a line on the cover so it can be reassembled the same.

IMG_4770.jpg

Evenly loosen the remainding three bolts. I then removed the clutch cover and spring.
Slide the sheave back for easy access to weights.

IMG_4776.jpg

Loosen allen screws a couple turns for the pin to come out easy.

IMG_4777.jpg

Remove the weights. Pay attention to the nylon washers on the sides of weight and bushing going through.

IMG_4778.jpg

Pound out stock rivet in outer hole on Vise. Install the new 3.6 gram rivet on the vise. Peen the rivet over with a hammer on Vise. Careful peening. Make sure there is no sloppiness in the rivet hole.

Here is a pic of the 3.6 gram rivets.

IMG_4769.jpg

IMG_4784.jpg

Now time to reinstall, same as you disassembled. Reinstall the bolt through the weight and torque to nut to 4.3 ft.lb.

10ft.lb
IMG_4787.jpg

All Done. Now time to ride.

IMG_4788.jpg

Just rode around back garden. LOVE the sound of this exhaust.
It will take about a 1/2 hour to quiet down under normal operating conditions. (Silencer Packing)

She is ready to go. Planning a trip in a couple weeks to Stephenville if anyone is interested.

Wow this series is about as good as you can get, I wish I had the money to do all these mods, with your exact directions I wouldn't even hesitate to do them.. Thanks for all the great info...

GYamRDR said:
Wow this series is about as good as you can get, I wish I had the money to do all these mods, with your exact directions I wouldn't even hesitate to do them.. Thanks for all the great info...

Thanks. Hey, thanks to this site more like it. I've learned a lot and only glad if I can help someone else. :Rockon:

YamYboY said:
what is the decibel rating on the full excell system?

The header alone offers Stock DB Levels. Not sure with the full system. Find out tomorrow if no one else knows.

NLVMAX,

One of the sled rags should be contacting you with product reviews, installation tips etc. I am a member on a number of forums and I can honestly say that your installation instructions and pics are second to none.

The sled is looking (and I'll bet sounding) awesome.

By the way...I have your sticker, but I can wait until you come to S'ville if you like

NLVMAX said:
Just rode around back garden. LOVE the sound of this exhaust.
It will take about a 1/2 hour to quiet down under normal operating conditions. (Silencer Packing)

She is ready to go. Planning a trip in a couple weeks to Stephenville if anyone is interested.

Where abouts do you live, out of curiosity?

I live in Mobile, 30 minutes south of St. John's.

NVLMAX, I absolutly love this exhaust. I put mine on with zero miles on the sled so cant really compare it to stock levels. I just know it sounds nice. Nv, If you or anyone else viewing this look at the trail performer packages that ULMER is offering for the NYTRO (and maybe you already have). I am going with Packege #11 which consists of:Full EXCELL with plastic,K&N's, Plugs, Power Com., Stage 1 clutching. This should be good for 151 to 153 hp. and about 3 to 4 sled lengths. Filters should be here today and going to be ordering clutching soon. You have an awesome sled there and a professional way of doing things Thanks for all the info you've provided on this site. OH, and one more thing! THAT RIVIT GUN IS SWEEEEEEEET!!!!! :Rockon:

I have the Excell on mine, Stage one kit from Ulmer and Curves. Let me know how the filters do. I may be adding that to the goodie list for next year.

jedwards89 said:
I have the Excell on mine, Stage one kit from Ulmer and Curves. Let me know how the filters do. I may be adding that to the goodie list for next year.
WILL DO!! ;)!

Goddo said:
NLVMAX,

The sled is looking (and I'll bet sounding) awesome.
By the way...I have your sticker, but I can wait until you come to S'ville if you like

Thanks for the comments. This site is awesome.
Sled is coming together...
Going for a rip tonight. Should get a real feel for what it is like. Looking forward to feeling the difference with the full system.
Thanks for the sticker Goddo, I'll get it when I come out. If everything goes according to plan I am driving over on next Friday. Sleddin Sat and Sun, then driving back home. See if we can hook up for a ride. Heard you guys are getting lots of snow.

bagadonitz said:

I am in St. John's. Do any riding around here?

1050THMPR said:
NVLMAX, I absolutly love this exhaust. I put mine on with zero miles on the sled so cant really compare it to stock levels. I just know it sounds nice. Nv, If you or anyone else viewing this look at the trail performer packages that ULMER is offering for the NYTRO (and maybe you already have). I am going with Packege #11 which consists of:Full EXCELL with plastic,K&N's, Plugs, Power Com., Stage 1 clutching. This should be good for 151 to 153 hp. and about 3 to 4 sled lengths. Filters should be here today and going to be ordering clutching soon. You have an awesome sled there and a professional way of doing things Thanks for all the info you've provided on this site. OH, and one more thing! THAT RIVIT GUN IS SWEEEEEEEET!!!!! :Rockon:

Yeh looks like those kits are great. Ulmer got whatever you need most times. Should get above 150 with it.
I'm not sure what I'm doing with clutching yet. I like it stock and not really into going its top speed. I just want the most torque possible on bottom. Getting up to top is what I like. LOL
Keep us posted on your mods.

Well going to load up the sled now. :jump:

NLVMAX said:
bagadonitz said:

I am in St. John's. Do any riding around here?

Yes as much as you can without going into the wilderness. We discovered some new terrain last year which basically accounts to the hills along the coast from Petty Harbour through to Bay Bulls that is fantastic for hills, powder, climing, drops, IF we get decent snow. Besides that, there isn't far you can go here without being in no no wilderness land. We make frequent rides from here to Whitbourne. Down through Salmonier to Buster's. This year, nothing so far. I haven't even started the sled yet. I have some buddies trying to plan a trip to S. Ville this or next weekend. Not sure if I'm going to go or not.

Back