• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NLVMAX'S Nytro SE Garage: Mod Update

HITCH INSTALL

I bought this from Wiseman's Sales and Service in Clarenville. My dealer in St. John's told me the hitch for my machine wasn't released yet. Good thing you don't listen to every thing you hear. Thanks to TY member Coyote who posted he had one installed last year on his 08 Nytro. ;)! This hitch will prove quite useful for my trip in March to the Cabin. Very easy to install.

IMG_4891.jpg

Remove 4 bolts that secure the stock bumper.
IMG_4892.jpg

Install new Tow bumper using the same bolts just taken out. Use Loctite on bolts and tighten.
IMG_4897.jpg

Now, use the 4 1/4" holes as a guide to drill through rear plate.
IMG_4903.jpg

I put the tunnel re enforcement plate under and marked a line where it had to be placed. There are some rivets to drill out. 6 in total.
IMG_4906.jpg

IMG_4910.jpg

Put plate under and bolt on using the supplied hardware. Drill the six holes in re enforcement plate and get ready to rivet. I used heavy duty rivets, 5/8 head.
IMG_4915.jpg

IMG_4917.jpg

IMG_4923.jpg

Before

IMG_4884.jpg

After.

IMG_4918.jpg

Now my Nytro can tow! :jump:

Impressive...I didn't do a reinforcement plate with my custom job, but I don't plan on towing anything too heavy...No heavier than three guys lifting on the bumper for a stuck...

That hitch looks nice though...They did a nice job on the design.

I may have to talk the old man into rigging up a tunnel plate now...He's not afraid of a new project.

risers

Can you give me like a short detailed message how to put those risers on -- you have to take the handle bars off right is it just the two bolts take the old one off and new one on and put the bars back on basicly?? Thanks..

Thanks guys. It was smooth addition to my sled. I forgot to add this is a Yamaha part # SMA8GL41HTCH. Product name: Rear Tow Bumper.
Hey Goddo, the reinforcement plate most likely helps with the stress of a large tow so it might not be needed for small loads. By the way, nice article in the Sledworthy Mag. Looks good. Maybe I should enter mine.
I only plan on towing a sleigh to the cabin with supplies.

Some guys are towing with this style hitch:
http://www.hiperf.com/cgi-bin/sh000001. ... a710_2d050

nytronympho, I can send you a pm when I get home tonight unless someone can chime in.

NLVMAX said:
T By the way, nice article in the Sledworthy Mag. Looks good. Maybe I should enter mine.

I only plan on towing a sleigh to the cabin with supplies.

Thanks....There is a part II of the article coming out next issue. It will feature a Cat and a Doo.

As for entering yours I honestly think you could write a 5 page article just on the additions you have made and the detail and pride you have put into your installations.

Andrew is always looking for content, and for you, you could easily create an article just from your post and pictures here. If you are interested, I'll forward his email address to you.

As for my hitch, same idea as yours. I plan on towing some gear up to the cabin. Food, supplies etc.

Although, I'm also planning on towing one of these in the near future.

Snowcoach_Action2.jpg

Only two small kids in the coach, but hopefully the bumper holds up.

Nice pic of the coach. I am trying to find one. Any info would be appreciated. Stores, Pricing? etc.

Yeh, forward his email to me. Won't hurt to see.

This is what the Nytro will be towing in March but I want an equinox for the kids and sometimes my dog. Also, I guess a lot of gear would fit in there too.

095.jpg

A buddy of mine owns the coach. I'll ask him where he ordered it. I know the pricing is in excess of $2000. Pretty steep.

He's gonna loan it to me to try out.

I'll be towing a smaller load than what you have pictured. For big loads, I'll grab the old man's VK Pro LOL

thanks for the detailed pics and comments on exhaust and tank install put both on this morning, they definatly made it go easier and quicker excell should copy them and send them out with there system, mine didnt come with the rivits for the clutch going to call in the morning, luv the exhaust so far sounds awsome and fit and finish are oustanding

Glad to help. I get so much info from this site it's awesome. :yam:

280chopper said:
thanks for the detailed pics and comments on exhaust and tank install put both on this morning, they definatly made it go easier and quicker excell should copy them and send them out with there system, mine didnt come with the rivits for the clutch going to call in the morning, luv the exhaust so far sounds awsome and fit and finish are oustanding

I absolutely love the sound of this exhaust. A few people are after commenting on it. :-o

Back