• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Not so great first ride of the year

PattyJack

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 Phazer GT
Tonight I was riding with a buddy of mine because we had our first snow fall (over 30 cms)! All of a sudden my right ski struck a metal rod, throwing me over the bars. I inspected the sled to find that i had gone head first into the speedometer. I buckeled the relocation bracket, then i noticed that the speedometer was showing no numbers, the back light was just lit up. I have no idea what I have done to it, I assume its toast. The sled starts and shifts into reverse just fine. Also I will need to buy a new spindle or (steering knuckle). It was a hard first night on the sled ;):D

I did that in a ditch once. It was a metel sing post, it stick out a little and during the winter they bolt the other half on for a sing. They did not do put it up last winter; I thought they completely removed it. I was riding and saw the inbeded half at the last second. I got thron over the bars. The bumper was smashed and the lover a-arm bent. I jsut replaced the bumper and tryed to fix the a-arm.

PattyJack said:
Tonight I was riding with a buddy of mine because we had our first snow fall (over 30 cms)! All of a sudden my right ski struck a metal rod, throwing me over the bars. I inspected the sled to find that i had gone head first into the speedometer. I buckeled the relocation bracket, then i noticed that the speedometer was showing no numbers, the back light was just lit up. I have no idea what I have done to it, I assume its toast. The sled starts and shifts into reverse just fine. Also I will need to buy a new spindle or (steering knuckle). It was a hard first night on the sled ;):D

Man that sucks!!! I hate when there is snow on the ground and you have to fix your sled. :o| :o| :o|

Hey, PattyJack did you end up getting a bar riser for your phazer?

This is what you asked me on hardcoresledder.
Hey, just wondering if you needed to get throttle and brake extensions for your 9" riser?

Haha me too now!,
Prozac500, I would say after christmas I will get this all done. I wish i had of did it earlier as it would of prevented me going through the speedometer.

a hidden rock took out my chaincase last year, and seeing as it was kindamy fault i didn't want my insurance to pay for it, and seeing asmy sled was always inthe shop i just parked it for the season
it was a record season also lol

so in the spring i took her into get fixed, they tottaled her,in hindsight i should of done it right away, shes almost back together, im just debating whether to fix the crack right or3 bond it to stop the leak, i just feel the dam thing will grenade at any minute lol

I know.. 185$ is the lowest price I can find. I am 16 and responsible for my own parts so.. haha im going to be off the snow for a bit.

I should have a used one that serviceable just the camber will be off slightly from the bend on top. Still serviceable I ran two races that way. Its just where the top bolt goes through. Not that big a deal changes camber slightly. how about $65 including shipping?

That should cover shipping to Canada. I just have to take it off the sled yet

I should have made mine pay for my damagages to but I did. It was my fault and should have not be doing what I was doing in that spot.

Well we have just enough snow on the ground to cover the grass all the way and half the ditchs from the wind. I pulled th sled out and launged doing 0-50 and doing a wheli, road about 10 min then headed home. Right befor I got home my bulbs went out. My googels turn lights dim yellow.

Haha, I have a new pair of goggles that im still getting used to. They make things way different.

i had a great first ride last night.. well until i guess i should have inspected my belt before i rode.. lets just say that when i took it off the truck.. i had to pull her off cus there was not much left to the belt

Back