• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro with +4.5" front versus ProCross

couch said:
1. revised front end (4+ forward)
2. revise exhaust to free up some room to reposition oil canister and battery to under the seat
3. rework fuel tank so its under seat and lower
4. drop the bulkhead cooler and add cooler at end of tunnel
5. lightweight skid and boards
6. steering post relocate

Anyone done this?

I'd like to get some ideas how to proceed with this one, the rest of the list is pretty much done or in the to-do list in my Nytro.

Oh, excluding the delete of the top cooler above the engine... any links about this mod out there?

Creek said:
couch said:
1. revised front end (4+ forward)
2. revise exhaust to free up some room to reposition oil canister and battery to under the seat
3. rework fuel tank so its under seat and lower
4. drop the bulkhead cooler and add cooler at end of tunnel
5. lightweight skid and boards
6. steering post relocate

Anyone done this?

I'd like to get some ideas how to proceed with this one, the rest of the list is pretty much done or in the to-do list in my Nytro.

Oh, excluding the delete of the top cooler above the engine... any links about this mod out there?

Only what Yamaha should have done instead of the Cat chassis .....

4.5" forward is too far forward. Shock angles are too severe and the sled has a funny feeling. It does come over very easily when carving but the same can be achieved with less. Another problem with moving the skis so far forward is that the sled high centers when loading and unloading, and rips the belly panels. No one seems to want to talk about that one.

While in Togwotee we rented an 13 m8 and 13 Pro RMK. I brought my Nytro. Everyone except me was a newb.

It was interested to note as we switched sleds with everyone, every newb said teh Nytro was easier to ride. They felt it was easier to learn to carve and hold a banked turn, easier to side hill, and teh power band was easier to control.

My Nytro has the skinz front end and earth x battery with Elka shocks.

I drobe the RMK and Cat. I felt the cat was easier to drive than teh RMK. The Cat felt more nytro esque. It also felt heavier though in a banked turn. I could throw my nytro around easier yet.

The RMK i did not like one bit. I could not drive the thing at all. It was like I was on a sled for the first time. Could not hold the side hill and could not control it for nice powder turns. Weird cause it is so light. Picked it up in the parking lot and just about knocked my chin out. Also very easy to flip over in parking lot while standing on ground and pulling on bars.

So this leads me to believe that it comes down to what you are used to. These newbs were the first time on mountain sleds and all felt the nytro was a better sled for them. So people just getting into the sport may be best to start off this way. That said, the nytro is the only sled I have owned. I can not drive anything else now as they all feel weird and I have no confidence in the way they handle. I have complete confidence in my sled.

So the guys that are used to the 2 strokes just are not used to the nytro style. However in the end it may be the better way to go if you really get used to it and learn how to drive it. I have been told many times while driving in teh pow that "I can see how your powerband makes it easy to hold a line as mine either dies off or takes off if you get in a bad situation"

Back