• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

**Official Clutch Rattle Removal Thread w/ Pics**

Has anyone made up a fix that gets rid of the clutch rattle for good? i am starting to hate my nytro just because of the rattle :( Would just love to start a new season without the noise
I installed the SB quiet clutch kit, see my front end rebuild thread for full write up. The little plastic shims solved the excess tolerance and resulting rattle problem. Only one season on them but they seem to work. I also did new rollers and a softer primary spring at same time.

I installed the SB quiet clutch kit, see my front end rebuild thread for full write up. The little plastic shims solved the excess tolerance and resulting rattle problem. Only one season on them but they seem to work. I also did new rollers and a softer primary spring at same time.
Hello,
Where would I find the SB quiet clutch kit. I hate the noise on my 2016 VK.

You can find them at http://www.schmidtbrosmotorsports.com/quiet-clutch-shim-kit/, pic below of the "quiet clutch" kit. I also put the "comfort clutch kit" on mine with smaller diameter rollers and a lighter spring to lower the engagement down to 2800 rpm where we still have plenty of torque from our motors. I am running a stock secondary with no complaints, new belt and hit 104 mph on the optimometer last season with this setup (faster than I need to go!). Great products, see my signature for list of SB items I use. People comment they are expensive but I run a small business and understand that from start to finish in small batches time equals dollars, all have been a good value as I dont have time to try to source them or mess around fabricating them.

upload_2018-9-28_19-0-49.png

I used Yamaha primary spring p/n 90501-586J0-00 to lower my engagement. Way better.

I then snipped the rings off a few electrical ring terminals and installed them as shims to eliminate the rattle from the bolts.

So far so good.

I used Yamaha primary spring p/n 90501-586J0-00 to lower my engagement. Way better.

I then snipped the rings off a few electrical ring terminals and installed them as shims to eliminate the rattle from the bolts.

So far so good.
Great idea!

You can find them at http://www.schmidtbrosmotorsports.com/quiet-clutch-shim-kit/, pic below of the "quiet clutch" kit. I also put the "comfort clutch kit" on mine with smaller diameter rollers and a lighter spring to lower the engagement down to 2800 rpm where we still have plenty of torque from our motors. I am running a stock secondary with no complaints, new belt and hit 104 mph on the optimometer last season with this setup (faster than I need to go!). Great products, see my signature for list of SB items I use. People comment they are expensive but I run a small business and understand that from start to finish in small batches time equals dollars, all have been a good value as I dont have time to try to source them or mess around fabricating them.

View attachment 141520

Anyone selling this kit in Canada?

All online sales so you can order I assume.

Pmtg04, pics please..

I tried the clutch shim kit and it didn't make a difference.

The noise comes from the stub shaft.

Hoping the modified stub shaft from Hurricane Performance will solve the issue (save your pennies though).

While trying to quiet my Primary down like everyone else, i'm also looking at changing out the 16.5mm rollers to 14.5mm... does anyone have a set! Cost an arm and a leg by the time I get them up to canada! They dont have to be new!

While trying to quiet my Primary down like everyone else, i'm also looking at changing out the 16.5mm rollers to 14.5mm... does anyone have a set! Cost an arm and a leg by the time I get them up to canada! They dont have to be new!
Look into the thunder products ones as the bushings in them actually last unlike the stock Yami ones.

Look into the thunder products ones as the bushings in them actually last unlike the stock Yami ones.

Thanks, I have looked, may have to go that route if someone doesn't have a set kicking around their garage....

I tried the clutch shim kit and it didn't make a difference.

The noise comes from the stub shaft.

Hoping the modified stub shaft from Hurricane Performance will solve the issue (save your pennies though).
Curious, the SB shim kit on mine works great, tightened things up a lot and now at idle does not sound like a diesel, yes still some noise but night and day IMO. Whose kit did you use? Maybe you had enough wear that the shims were not adequate too, I had a heck of a time getting them to fit on mine so already pretty tight.

All i did after installing the Factory yamaha Fly weight Rollers a,pins and washers to find it did absolutly nothing except break the Bank, i pulled the Bolt and Roller Pin from the Roller side, touched the Pin with my Grinding wheel and took just a fraction off the Pin.Reinstalled , and done the other 2, The bolt now sits Tight, don,t over tighten it as the Roller will not turn..My Noise is Pretty Much all gone now'
maxresdefault.jpg

Back