• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Performance mufflers

Hurricane trail muffler quiet, at least mine is. Been stopped by fish cops and tree troopers many times they never said a word, this is in NY

Question to anyone, is the hurricane trail muffler quieter than the td sq?

I used a hurricane 2.5 on my 2017 Rtx with a 270 tune and I thought it was perfect. Now I have a 3 in.td sq On my srx and it’s very close to being too loud.

I used a hurricane 2.5 on my 2017 Rtx with a 270 tune and I thought it was perfect. Now I have a 3 in.td sq On my srx and it’s very close to being too loud.
Agreed!! I had a 1200 that I had BMP mod the stock muffler. It was a little louder at idle and once the RPM's picked up, it was the same as stock. The Hurricane trail muffler that I just installed is quieter then that!!

My brother has a ggb mountain exhaust on his sidewinder, that is about twice as annoying as I would want. How do any of the suggested mufflers compare?

Last edited:
PEFI muffler is 2.5 and is perfect for me.nice rumble, not loud at all, and stock heat shields rivet back on, looks just like stocker once all the shields are on.

Last edited:
I have the 3" TD Super Quiet muffler and I was surprised at just how quiet it is. I have only put about 500 miles on the sled since installing it but I have never once thought it was too loud or obnoxious for trail riding.

On my tuned 2019 XTX-LE I have run:
-stock muffler...too low on power and still not real quiet
-TD Super Q 2.5"...great power but too noisy for me and seemed to vary on sound...maybe something amiss inside muffler
-Hurricane Trail Muffler...great power not super noisey but still loud
-This year I am trying TD 3" Stock Mod...jury still out

I have the 3" TD Super Quiet muffler and I was surprised at just how quiet it is. I have only put about 500 miles on the sled since installing it but I have never once thought it was too loud or obnoxious for trail riding.
I have the 2.5 sq, and I find it just a little too loud.

Well, this year I'll be running the 3" Sandale Heartbreaker straight thru muffler. Enjoy!

Well I sure like my SSI muffler. Not obnoxious loud and I can reach my chain tensioner without taking off my muffler. i am sure there is performance gains but not sure how much

Attachments

• 848D8024-0D2F-4909-9250-1451ED7608C2.jpeg
    848D8024-0D2F-4909-9250-1451ED7608C2.jpeg
    145.9 KB · Views: 98
  • 0781F1C2-7F16-45B3-90EB-BB21F322BB4A.jpeg
    0781F1C2-7F16-45B3-90EB-BB21F322BB4A.jpeg
    191.1 KB · Views: 93
Hard to see but there is easy clearance to tensioner with 2.5 straight-thru D&D Tech2 Stainless Steel PM. Very high flowing but some may not like noise level at 17 psi boost. :)

Attachments

• heat insulation1.5.jpg
    heat insulation1.5.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 79

Back