• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer Build

Man, you should go into business building those! that looks super trick. I would buy one if you were selling them, that is for sure!

HAHA yah I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. Took me about 10 hrs to build the box and a few hrs at the welders. I'm not setup to tig alum so I had to get someone to weld it for me. It took him about 3 hrs to weld it up lol

Just a little update here, the dealer forgot to put the cold start update on so it would hardly start at -10 C. It will be going in for that this week. The mcx display seems to be freezing up and blanking out sometimes will be checking that out. I have been having some problems with the timbersled suspension, but the guys have been very helpful answering questions and sending warranty parts. I am very pleased with the customer service from them ;)! I am going to be pinning my riser and bars in an attempt to keep them from moving and am looking for a place that can make custom throttle cables or sells stuff to make one specifically solder on ends. If anyone knows of a good place for this please give me a shout. It may sound like I'm doing a bit of bitching here but I'm not, I love this sled! The turbo has been performing like a champ and once I get it dialed and all these little issues sorted it should be wicked. :Rockon:

I'm thinking of going with the mnt tammer suspension and noticed you were having some problems? I have dealt with the company before and know they are very helpful and reliable but am interested in the problems to help me wiegh the pros and cons? Thanx.

I would def say go for it, it makes a huge difference. If you make sure the bushings on the rear sliding thingy are glued in you should be good. I also broke the front limiter strap, I hope the new one is stronger, I haven't even done any hard riding lol

As for the throttle cable, if you're just looking to get some more length for your taller bars rather than use a cable extension, use a stock Apex throttle cable, that's what I used on mine... 9" risers as well...

I broke my limiter strap as well, but they sent me a new one and so far so good. Great company to deal with, and the ride is so much better.

update

Time for an update here seeing as it's been a while. It turns out part of the cold start problem was condensation build up in the boost line had gotten into the efi box and after it sat out overnight this would freeze and trip the boost sensor causing the additional injectors to spray right from the git-go. So essentially it was flooding like #*$&@ until enough heat built up to thaw it. Draining the line and mounting the box with the nipple facing down helped but it still wasn't right. I sent the box to pg yam and the moisture had somehow f#@!*d up the mapping on the bottom, so they reflashed and tested the box. When I pulled the seat and plastics, I noticed that the heat from the turbo was melting some of the plastics and had hardened the boost line to the air solenoid. I have added a heat shield over top of the turbo.
IMGP0187.jpg

IMGP0188.jpg

One of the things that i have found this year is with the extra power it is very easy to flip this sled. It did spend a lot of time upside down last year too but with the turbo and whatnot I am a little paranoid. I decided to do some thing about this so I have built a catch bottle/baffle for the breather and will be building another catch bottle for farther down the line and running a k&n breather filter on the end. I assume i will still have oil leak out when upside down but hope fully this will cut down on it.
IMGP0216.jpg

IMGP0223.jpg

IMGP0224.jpg

It still needs to be cleaned up and painted but you get the idea.
Taking advice from dumbass, I ordered a throttle cable for an apex, but I ordered one for the apex mtn. I don't know if he used the one off of a short track, but the mtn cable is a little on the long side, but will work great. The inner is longer in relationship to the outer than the phazer cable, so I had to build a plate to relocate the bracket on the throttle bodies that the cable threads into.
IMGP0192.jpg

I've also put on my simmons skis with yamaha version 1 mounts for extra strength and am replacing some steering stuff. We have drags and hillclimb coming up as well as 7-9 days of riding so I'm going over every thing so hopefully I won't have any problems.

When I installed the clutch stuff, I didn't get the primary spring groove machined deeper, so I got it machined 4mm deeper to hopefully give a bit earlier engagement and quicker upshift.:4STroke: [/img]

you need to zip tie your boost sensor more farther forward on the seat frame that will keep it from melting. Mines right where the seat bolt goes through the frame.

Check your flex joints in the exhaust. I had one break a few weeks ago and almost melted a hole in the fuel tank. I removed the flex joints and welded new collectors to eliminate the flex joint. I had it all Ceramachromed and ran it last weekend. It just split the exhaust pipe a few inches in front of the turbo flange and I am putting a sleeve over the factory joint that failed. I will be adding another support bracket. I also redesigned the air filter again and gained HUGE throttle response over the K&N that it came with. I'll take a few pics this time and post tonight. I'm not wild about the stainless exhaut, seems to be very brittle.

both of my flex joints failed in january, I bought the mcx flex joints and had a muffler shop replace them no problems since, the Mcx joints are better than some of the other import flex joints. And I have a 6 inch diameter airfilter on my sled that sticks out the side it can get in the way some times but it works very good for throttle response.

Ak,
Where did you order your flex joints? Do you remember how much they cost without welding? I am considering making a complete new exhaust pipe with no Stainless pipe in it. That seems to be the major flaw in the system so far.

I would like to know where to buy these as well. So far I have no problems with either the intake or exhaust. ;)! Could both of you post up pics of intake and exhaust?

I got my flex joints from Prince George Yamaha, lepinheimer was sold out at the time I cant quite remeber the price but I think it was $180.00 cdn for both with shipping. Call Mark (USA) for a price he may have them in stock by now. I also bought a set from vernon motor sports but they were some off brand I wouldnt run them because there not nearly as strong are leak proof as the mcx ones. Sorry yukon I dont have any pictures.

Back