• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

POLL: What Skis are you running?

What Skis are you running on your Sidewinder?

• Stock- Tuner III Skis with stock carbides

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • Tuner III Skis with more aggressive carbides

Votes: 14 18.9%
  • Arctic Cat Skis

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • C&A Skis

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • Curve Skis

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • Slydog Skis

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Ski-doo Pilot Skis

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Other Aftermarket Brand

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • PART 2: I changed skis before trying other carbides on the Tuner III.

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • PART 2: I changed skis after trying different carbides on the Tuner III.

Votes: 6 8.1%

• Total voters

racecar

Suspended
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Zr9000
What are you guys running for aftermarket skis. I am thinking of up grading to c&a xcs' , I do a lot of northern Quebec riding. Should I be looking at others skis?
Cheers.

What type of riding goes on in northern Quebec? Trail, criss over or off trail. I personally am using simmons gen 2 skis for some cross over action.

I put Doo 6.9 Pilot skis on mine and it feels like power steering. I would stay away from aggressive skis on these 4 strokes unless you have Popeye arms and work out regularly.

I put Doo 6.9 Pilot skis on mine and it feels like power steering. I would stay away from aggressive skis on these 4 strokes unless you have Popeye arms and work out regularly.
What's the cost of the Doo 6.9 Pilot skis?

What type of riding goes on in northern Quebec? Trail, criss over or off trail. I personally am using simmons gen 2 skis for some cross over action.
A lot of high speed running 60-100+ mph stuff and a little bit of short corner stuff. I want something that works on hard pack and fresh snow on hard pack. Ya I know, want my cake and eat it too. Lol

What's everyone run for a runner on the 6.9 pilots and how do they mount to the sidewinder ? How do they compare to curves for strictly trail riding?

I bought curve skis after only one ride in powder snow with tuners. Rode sled locally and in Vermont this past weekend. Very tight trails and sled corners like its on rails. Steering effort is pretty easy and that's after getting off a friends Apex with power steering. Even he liked the way it handled and the effort it took. I can definitely recommend Curves IMO!

cat procross skis with bergstrom triple points and ski savers ...worked great on my 16' procross...so why change it now

heres a pic of what it looks like

Attachments

• 20161225_110815.jpg
    20161225_110815.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 231
Looking through many threads i see there is a fairly diverse spread of what skis people are running, trying to plan what ski to run on a new Sidewinder LTX SE. So What skis are you running?

Hopefully this thread/poll may act as a summary for others looking into aftermarket skis, and help to get an idea what everyone is running.

Part 2: Did you try messing with the tuner? Different carbides, set-up etc.? Or did you just swap right away.

Trying to gauge if its best to make the jump right away, or has anyone taken some time to play with the Tuner using different carbides, and set-up to make it more effective.

Lastly if you changed what didn't you like about the stock skis?
I am finding the skis in loose snow are pushing with the stock dual 4 inch carbides, and in hard packed snow riding fast i am getting some unpredictable ski-lift when the ski doesnt push. This is why i am contemplating changing up the skis.

I am running C&A Pro Razor's with slim jim doolies and absolutely love them so far. Light steering with zero darting and no uneasiness that the tuners gave me in corners. This thing rails the corners!

Back