• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

POLL: What Skis are you running?

What Skis are you running on your Sidewinder?

• Stock- Tuner III Skis with stock carbides

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • Tuner III Skis with more aggressive carbides

Votes: 14 18.9%
  • Arctic Cat Skis

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • C&A Skis

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • Curve Skis

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • Slydog Skis

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Ski-doo Pilot Skis

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Other Aftermarket Brand

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • PART 2: I changed skis before trying other carbides on the Tuner III.

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • PART 2: I changed skis after trying different carbides on the Tuner III.

Votes: 6 8.1%

• Total voters
stk. bolts ,stk. rubbers ,grind a little off the front and back of the stk. rubber ,with a grinder ,a little. on the bottom of the stk rubber grind them so they''re flat as you''ll see on the outside of them there's alittle extra rubber .After you have the bottom of the rubber flat grand a little notch in the center on the out sides so it fits over the little plastic thing sticking up in the ski .use 6" shapers in the middle and 4" round bars outside .Enjoy ,it will make the front feel like a 2 stk.now.you also need to remove the bushing in the ski and put them back in from the outside .
So when you take out 6.9 bushings and reverse them you prob need to add washers to the inside to get width perfect?

stk. bolts ,stk. rubbers ,grind a little off the front and back of the stk. rubber ,with a grinder ,a little. on the bottom of the stk rubber grind them so they''re flat as you''ll see on the outside of them there's alittle extra rubber .After you have the bottom of the rubber flat grand a little notch in the center on the out sides so it fits over the little plastic thing sticking up in the ski .use 6" shapers in the middle and 4" round bars outside .Enjoy ,it will make the front feel like a 2 stk.now.you also need to remove the bushing in the ski and put them back in from the outside .

6" shaper good for non studded track?

C&A pro RZ with 9" shapers. Yes it is heavy steering but wherever you point it , it will go. You never have to second guess your line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

where can one find a 6.9 set?
call a doo dealer get 2 rivet kits #860200525 ,lh ski 505073055 ,rh ski505073056 ,and 2 handles they have different color handles .

6.9 doo skis are the best all around ski for the sw

Stop with the 6.9 garbage. Yikes. I have a shed full of those crap skis. Go with anything but tuners or ski doo relics

Stop with the 6.9 garbage. Yikes. I have a shed full of those crap skis. Go with anything but tuners or ski doo relics

Yep put a set of C&A pro RZ with 9" shapers and hate riding your sled because it steers like it's stuck in mud.

Reactions: krm
Yep put a set of C&A pro RZ with 9" shapers and hate riding your sled because it steers like it's stuck in mud.

Ride whatever suits you. If you can't muscle the ca RZ then don't do it. Pretty simple. If you want old school skis run them. I'm not your daddy and my opinion is just that an opinion. I only run C&A skis because they work for ME! I know it's heavy but they go where you point them every time. Curves are a relaxed version not as heavy but not as sure footed. 6.9 is no better that a tuner with proper carbide. So run what you want I run what I want and it's only my opinion and they say opinions are like azzholz everyone has one.

Ride whatever suits you. If you can't muscle the ca RZ then don't do it. Pretty simple. If you want old school skis run them. I'm not your daddy and my opinion is just that an opinion. I only run C&A skis because they work for ME! I know it's heavy but they go where you point them every time. Curves are a relaxed version not as heavy but not as sure footed. 6.9 is no better that a tuner with proper carbide. So run what you want I run what I want and it's only my opinion and they say opinions are like azzholz everyone has one.

Maybe I should call the C&A garbage and crap skis because it's just my opinion and I'm not your Daddy and if you want to run that junk then go ahead and run them.

Back