• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pressuretest and leaking T:s

hooper

Expert
Country
Sweden
Snowmobile
ZR9000
Does anyone no the theory behind this?From what I understand the lower line that goes from the intecooler to the double T:s between carbs,pressurize the floatbowls.forcing more fuel into carbs?

The rubber T.s turned out to be without the aluinserts so I installed a pair and now it runs like crap.(Never fix something that works #$%&* ).

When I blow through the line it goes right through the carbs realy easy.
Should I block the intake on intercooler before I testblow???

Real rocket science...

Sounds like you are having a leak in the Ts. Yes, those lines adds pressure to the carbs, not enough pressure will make your sled go lean. Did you glue it with epoxy or similar two component glue? The installation guide that I sent you have the info on how to install them, I guess you have been reading...:)

If the inserts are not lined up properly when you tighten the carbs back up you can crush the insert. It is a pain getting them just right . I changed to Mountain performance aluminum t's with O ring works much better and seems like a permanet fix insted of rielying on glue

Your carbs can't flow enough fuel at boost to support the horsepower we demand, so by giving the float bowls and fuel pressure reg a boost velocity instead of static pressure the pressure goes up exponetially over the boost to keep your sled from going lean on a long pull.

There were few guys moving the float bowl and or pressure reg line to the back of the carbs to try and fix the throttle chop stall and then they ran lean on a pull.

Rx-rider:Thanks for the instructions and yes,I glued them but maybe the holes in inserts ended upp wrong in the T:s.one of them didn´t fit in the carb so I had to use a drill.

I guess I have to take everything apart again,and another spoiled weekend:(

I did a search on leaks/leaking and this thing obviously leaks like a blasted bucket!Fuel,oil,air,coolant...did I miss any more?

Well it´s not yamahas fault,it´s the numnuts who can´t keep away from wrenching... :exc:

I hope you can get her well soon.

I have ordered 140 mains, at 16 lbs of boost she went lean. I have to order a proper boost regulator, the switches from MCXpress is not consistent. The switch is supposed to raise boost by 4 lbs but I saw a 6 lbs rise at the most, thus she went lean popping, sceary that was.

Pulled of the intercooler and a lot of fuel ran out,at least 10 cc.
What the #$%&* is going on now? Could it be a RICH condition instead?

I rejetted the main jets from 135 to 140 today. I had a little fuel in the intercooler too, there was also a little fuel in the clear hose going to the float bowls. I think the fuel gets there after the engine is shut down. Have anyone pulled the intercooler right after running the engine real hot, have you seen any fuel inside the intercooler? Well I got her back together and she fired up right away. Will testride tomorrow. Just a tought, could it be one of your floats are out of spec or one of the float needles is not closing so fuel drain out of the float bowls when engine is shut down.

hooper said:
I did a search on leaks/leaking and this thing obviously leaks like a blasted bucket!Fuel,oil,air,coolant...did I miss any more?
Yep! Exhaust... If you listen near track and tunnel it sounds like a broken carsilencer.Seams to be some serious leaking between 2-2 in the 4-2-2-1 system,that one with some sort of cupperbelts.Impossible to get it tight.
Any tips ´n tricks?

Did you reuse the old gaskets? It is a pain to get it right when reusing the old gaskets. I ended up buying a new set and my friend did too on his MCXturboed apex.

I guess I have to buy new ones... does this have any effect on the charge pressure? Probably.but how much?1,2,3,psi?

I've had Turbo mounting bolts fall out and still make over 15 PSI, the exhaust side is not as important as the charge side. A small exhaust leak causes a very slight amount of lag. A leak on the intake side causes high intake temps that lead to det, or a lean condition from a leak in the float vent system that leads to det.

Thanks Parker,I will leave the wrenching until next season,done enough so far.

Back