• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Relax! Yamaha is not lying Down.

Did you use the "search dealer inventory" from the Yamaha website?
I did and if it is to be believed, there are @ 21 used trail/crossover 2019 Sidewinders in the country. 13 2018 Mountain Sidewinders and 1 2019 mountain.

They are all Brand New I was not looking for used.. I need some parts I will go to the Dealer and ask in person .. A new Sidewinder for $1200 last summer was very tempting.. but I want race Cross Country .. and it looks like I may have to buy a 600 CC Two Stroke to be allowed to compete..
As My Cousin always says Those High Horsepower sleds are always first to the scene of the accident..

Heck in the 1970's guys used to race from Bar to Bar and have a few Beers at each stop.. I don't drink before I am done riding for the evening..

Just had a sit down in person meeting with the Yamaha snowmobile Division /Yam-a-God’s today. They are definitely looking to push forward. They had many questions for me as being a multi line dealer and being a solid Snowmobile rider myself. They really wanted my input as a dealer and rider.

They asked many questions and here is just a few important ones.
What do Snowmobile riders want?

Units needed for the future of Snowmobiles.
Horse Power / speed.
Suspension/ Shock packages.
Handling.
Weight.
Power Steering.
Rider Comfort.
Adjustability.
Track options.
Ski’s.
Colors / style.
Storage/ Accessories.
Promotions/ Rebates.
Warranties.
Price.
and Etc.

This is my eyes is not a Company looking to surrender but cares about the Yamaha snowmobile's needs and wants to succeed in the future. I believe they are looking long and beyond AC/Textron’s involvement for future snowmobile sales.

Just my speculation!!

The Cross Country races have been going on for decades with a few years off. Mostly in the MI WI area there is a huge rivalry between Polaris and Arctic Cat

I realize our threads go off the rails once in a while. And please don't let me badmouth your post, but what is with all the random statements, facts and clips that have nothing to do with the topic at hand?

If you watched the Videos of snowmobiles racing Cross Country you might notice that there are almost 0 Yamaha's in these races. I posted the video of me sking to make a point that not everyone lives and breathes snowmobiles..
That's why I don't know what an LYT WYJ with a PEQ Suspension is . I know what an SRX and an Exciter are because I was around sleds at a teenager .. then Skied for many years and did not own a snowmobile ..

And yes people seem to get off subject.. When I am trying to learn about Some subject always end up reading ///

About all of the cars trucks motorcycles and all their Mods.. oh all their boats lawnmowers and jet skis too you end up reading all of that crap to figure out if it has anything to do with subject in the thread..

If you watched the Videos of snowmobiles racing Cross Country you might notice that there are almost 0 Yamaha's in these races. I posted the video of me sking to make a point that not everyone lives and breathes snowmobiles..
That's why I don't know what an LYT WYJ with a PEQ Suspension is . I know what an SRX and an Exciter are because I was around sleds at a teenager .. then Skied for many years and did not own a snowmobile ..

And yes people seem to get off subject.. When I am trying to learn about Some subject always end up reading ///

About all of the cars trucks motorcycles and all their Mods.. oh all their boats lawnmowers and jet skis too you end up reading all of that crap to figure out if it has anything to do with subject in the thread..
Homer.jpg

Exactly!

I’m not just talking about this thread, I’m talking about all the threads you have posted in recently. If I were a mod, I would think you were posting random crap for no reason other than to get your post count up. For what reason, I don’t know.

Last edited:

You might want to take your off topic posts to snowcentral lots of stuff like you post in miscellaneous and not OEM related.

Exactly!

I’m not just talking about this thread, I’m talking about all the threads you have posted in recently. If I were a mod, I would think you were posting random crap for no reason other than to get your post count up. For what reason, I don’t know.
Same thing over on the 2 stroke side

Same thing over on the 2 stroke side

Not to mention that one has to wade through all of the Legitimate threads that have really bad information position on them..

If I have not been on this site for four years and I have a Yamaha Attak Question .. Yes I could spend three days reading old threads and find my answer.. but there is so much bad info deleting the good info..

It's really hard to do a search to find what you are really trying to find out about .. Also I posted a link to a Product I like on a thread about a home made Helix spreader to make belt changes simple fast and easy ..
BUT A MODERATE REMOVED MY LINK BECAUSE THE PART WAS FOR SALE FROM A SUPPLIER THAT DID NOT ADVERTISE ON THIS WEB SITE. SO MAYBE IT'S MORE OF A SHAKE DOWN FOR MONEY THAN IT IS TO HELP PEOPLE REPAIR OR IMPROVE THEIR SLEDS.

Which Reminds me I would like to have a Service Manual for My Skidoo.. I already have an Official Yamaha Shop Manual .. on Paper .. I saw a post on here saying Premium Members can download Shop Manuals but I never figured out what a Premium member is and how much it costs to Join.. I have no idea if DooTalk has any type of policy like that or not ...

@ 5:30 they talk about Skidoo and Yamaha Paying drivers to finish .. Then Yamaha backed out ..

I am posting this HERE because I may have to buy an Arctic Cat or Skidoo 600 CC Two Stroke to enter in Cross Country Snowmobile races.. If Yamaha wants to up their sales they need a light Model with good suspension to compete in that segment.. of the Market. Yes there are Yamaha Loyalists out there that loved the 3 Cylinder Two Stoke sleds.. Yamaha still is competitive in Motocross so they do know about Suspension.. They are also building a spec Dirt Track racing Car with an R-1 or Genesis 998 CC 4 Cylinder motor in it.. With a Suspension set up that can be adjusted for each different track

Which Reminds me I would like to have a Service Manual for My Skidoo.. I already have an Official Yamaha Shop Manual .. on Paper .. I saw a post on here saying Premium Members can download Shop Manuals but I never figured out what a Premium member is and how much it costs to Join.. I have no idea if DooTalk has any type of policy like that or not ...

NO NO NO... This i not the thread to add "Which reminds me" thoughts. Go start another thread, do not clutter this one with a conversation that has nothing to do with this thread. I don't know how else to say this, and not come across as rude.

Learn some netiquette and start a new thread in the proper forum. If you expect an answer to this very specific question, please go post it in the proper category where someone that knows the answer will address it.

To give you a quick answer: VIP Members here have access to Yamaha service manuals (which only makes sense) If you want to know what a premium Doo Talk member gets, either start a new thread in a general forum, or go check on Doo Talk. Anywhere but this thread.

Back