• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Relax! Yamaha is not lying Down.

I.....kinda enjoyed MarkAtack video's, just saying :drink:
I liked the I-500 Video!
I am posting this HERE because I may have to buy an Arctic Cat or Skidoo 600 CC Two Stroke to enter in Cross Country Snowmobile races.. If Yamaha wants to up their sales they need a light Model with good suspension to compete in that segment.. of the Market. Yes there are Yamaha Loyalists out there that loved the 3 Cylinder Two Stoke sleds.. Yamaha still is competitive in Motocross so they do know about Suspension.. They are also building a spec Dirt Track racing Car with an R-1 or Genesis 998 CC 4 Cylinder motor in it.. With a Suspension set up that can be adjusted for each different track
Racers go where the $ and Best equipment is. 4st is at a disadvantage in most XC,SX other than the lakes. Because of weight
Not to mention that one has to wade through all of the Legitimate threads that have really bad information position on them..

If I have not been on this site for four years and I have a Yamaha Attak Question .. Yes I could spend three days reading old threads and find my answer.. but there is so much bad info deleting the good info..

It's really hard to do a search to find what you are really trying to find out about .. Also I posted a link to a Product I like on a thread about a home made Helix spreader to make belt changes simple fast and easy ..
BUT A MODERATE REMOVED MY LINK BECAUSE THE PART WAS FOR SALE FROM A SUPPLIER THAT DID NOT ADVERTISE ON THIS WEB SITE. SO MAYBE IT'S MORE OF A SHAKE DOWN FOR MONEY THAN IT IS TO HELP PEOPLE REPAIR OR IMPROVE THEIR SLEDS.

Which Reminds me I would like to have a Service Manual for My Skidoo.. I already have an Official Yamaha Shop Manual .. on Paper .. I saw a post on here saying Premium Members can download Shop Manuals but I never figured out what a Premium member is and how much it costs to Join.. I have no idea if DooTalk has any type of policy like that or not ...
You are really crossing a line here. I dont remember the situation you are talking about as far as something being deleted. But its no secret that advertisers here pay the bills so they are always given preference. As far as finding info this site is as good as it gets. Is a search feature and google usually works too. I always advise the O.P. of a post to put important subsequent info in the first thread or page. Any O.P. can do that or if asked a mod can also do it. Copy paste works well.

Its Summer. Traffic is slow. Personally I lost the direction of this thread many pages ago! Not worth moderating and getting someone riled up over nothing.

It was a good thread but unless dusted and cleaned it has become dog pile worthy in its current form.

I'd still like to know if this is a broad based effort by Yamaha to ask these questions of multiple dealers. Last I checked my dealer has not had this conversation with Yamaha and they sell a lot of sleds and gear.

I can't always find everything but using almost any internet search engine does a pretty good job of unearthing even obscure TY threads.

"ty4stroke.com, SD-08, Sidewinder"
"ty4stoke.com, Apex, exhaust donuts"

My guess is that if there was a "broad based effort" to talk with dealers, we would know about it. Our local dealer also sells a lot of sleds, and is very free in passing along the latest news he has about Yamaha. I know nothing about marketing, and how Yamaha or the other manufacturers decide what to build, and what will sell, but it seems to me that if they want to know what will sell, they should be asking their customers. If you have ever bought a new Yamaha sled, or have ever been to a Yamaha dealer for service, you are in Yamaha's computer. I get surveys about my dealer experience every time I buy a sled or take my sled in for service. Yamaha must have a huge existing data based that they could survey about what riders want. Better yet, they could just read the TY threads and listen to us!

Well if Yamaha is waiting for Textron to give them TRF it looks like a very long gifting. Lol

Yamaha could buy TRF with the money they have in there sock drawer if they wanted to. :o| Christian Brothers Racing has been using the Artic Cat 7000 in cross country racing for the last 3 years with great success.

Yamaha could buy TRF with the money they have in there sock drawer if they wanted to. :o| Christian Brothers Racing has been using the Artic Cat 7000 in cross country racing for the last 3 years with great success.
That’s my point they must not want to. We know they passed once and Textron still owns AC so no interest is my best guess.

I think this only applies if youre buying a lower powered touring sled and just cruise around. Polaris 800/850s seem to only last like 6000kms on average, plus they are slow turds. I did over 5000 kms this year on my sidewinder. Its never ran better at over 11000kms now, and Its still worth about as much as a brand new Polaris 800.
Doo said 300 hours for their engines and have a better % failure rate on thier two strokes. 6% is considered a plus in the first year.

Did you use the "search dealer inventory" from the Yamaha website?
I did and if it is to be believed, there are @ 21 used trail/crossover 2019 Sidewinders in the country. 13 2018 Mountain Sidewinders and 1 2019 mountain.

I searched the internet and found new 2018s sitting on the showroom floor, that is a 2 year old sled now. If demand was high there would be none.

Dear Yamaha.
This is what I want in a sled. I am willing to pay more for your sled than anyone elses if you give me one that I can hop on and ride. I also want a local dealership. I do not want to spend countless hours and dollars trying to to make it run the way it is supposed to out of the box. My Sidewinder does not deliver. Thank you.

I searched the internet and found new 2018s sitting on the showroom floor, that is a 2 year old sled now. If demand was high there would be none.
How many did you find? Did you search entire dealer inventory across Canada?
I would say that less than 25 leftover units across the whole USA puts them in better shape than any other manufacture in that sense.
To say there would be NO leftovers is a bit crazy. There have always been left over product in the motor sport industry, no matter what you re building

Dear Yamaha.
This is what I want in a sled. I am willing to pay more for your sled than anyone elses if you give me one that I can hop on and ride. I also want a local dealership. I do not want to spend countless hours and dollars trying to to make it run the way it is supposed to out of the box. My Sidewinder does not deliver. Thank you.

Probably not much any manufacturer can do about you having a "local dealership;" that is up to the "market" and a prospective dealer's view of where they will make the most money. I am very lucky and have a dealer less than two miles from my camp.

I am sorry you are not happy with your Sidewinder, but my Sidewinder did "deliver" out of the box, for more than 2,000 trouble-free, perfect miles this past winter. I suspect that regardless of the manufacturer, there will be some sleds that have problems out of the box, and some that don't. I suppose that is small consolation for those who got the problematic sleds. For me, the Sidewinder is the fastest; most comfortable; and best handling sled I have ever ridden. I don't know what else I could ask for, other than another snow year like this last one!

Back