• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Relax! Yamaha is not lying Down.

Yamaha needs to build more than what current Yamaha riders want. They need to build what current Cat,Doo, and Poo riders want and do it better, in order to get them away from those brands. Bottom line build a 850cc 2 stroke with 170 hp that doesn't blow up and can realistically achieve 10,000 miles. Along with a good ride and handling chassis like a Cat, Doo, Poo and you will sell a ton. I enjoy my turbo but I think i'd buy a Yamaha made 850 smoker.
We need the 2s triple back with fuel injection, the possibilities are endless. modernize the old 2s triple with its reliability and power they would sweep the market imho. I actually started a thread about this a week or so ago!

I had a red headed 700 sx , I had 9000 miles on it sold it to a guy I knew and he had 16000 miles on it before he sold it never did anything to the engine at all ! That’s great quality and they should be able to do it again !!

I had a red headed 700 sx , I had 9000 miles on it sold it to a guy I knew and he had 16000 miles on it before he sold it never did anything to the engine at all ! That’s great quality and they should be able to do it again !!

Best 2 s engine ever built for all around performance and reliability.

No slouch with a set of Decker pipes either!

I never knew anyone that had those. The ones I have seen over the years were AAEN's, PSI, Bender ,Simon's and Starting Line. Not sure if Jaws ever made any for this engine or not? To be honest I did not know Decker had any for the RedHead motor. I just know Olav Aaen loved this engine in his test go kart. He told me he beat the tar out of it and it never failed.

I never knew anyone that had those. The ones I have seen over the years were AAEN's, PSI, Bender ,Simon's and Starting Line. Not sure if Jaws ever made any for this engine or not? To be honest I did not know Decker had any for the RedHead motor. I just know Olav Aaen loved this engine in his test go kart. He told me he beat the tar out of it and it never failed.
Yea Decker was one of the first to come out with pipes for the SX. My friend had a set and they made great power, sounded awsome too!

Those days were some pretty good times if you owned a triple of any brand....(and sported a mullet)

pipes.jpg

Last edited:
2 cylinder 4 stroke turbo is the best you will get from them,no 2 stroke in the future guys!!!!they are drumming up something out of this world,patience!!!!:yam:

2 cylinder 4 stroke turbo is the best you will get from them,no 2 stroke in the future guys!!!!they are drumming up something out of this world,patience!!!!:yam:

Less cylinders equal less power, nothing good can come from removing a cylinder. The current 998 and 1049 engines are awsome, don’t fukk with it if it’s already working (well maybe a camshaft change to increase rpm?)
Of course if they do introduce a twin cylinder turbo I’m sure they will come up with some BS fake news about its better than the older triple engine. What they won’t tell you is it’s 1/3 less costly to manufacture.
If they follow skidoo’s lead it will look more like a tractor engine than a performance machine.
Let’s hope not

A twin with a charger will certainly sounds like crap, but let's not forget the Suzuki 1100 Turbo Cat had.

It made impressive power. Sounded like garbage, but it had balls.

A twin with a charger will certainly sounds like crap, but let's not forget the Suzuki 1100 Turbo Cat had.

It made impressive power. Sounded like garbage, but it had balls.

Pound for pound of boost it’s got nothing on the Sidewinder and it’s got 100 more cc’s

Pound for pound of boost it’s got nothing on the Sidewinder and it’s got 100 more cc’s
Phazer motor with 12,200rpms and 85hp with 500cc Na and under 500# is nothing to laugh at stock. Bump up the size and a Turbo it would be awesome. Just needs better front geometry lower cog.

Back