• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rivets ???? Where to buy

Roadrunner

Expert
Does anyone know of a source to buy a quantity ( maybe 100 ) of good strong 3/16 multi-grip rivets to use on my Yamaha. I've found sources for aluminum body / steel mandrel rivets but the originals on my Yamaha are steel body / steel mandrel which are much stronger.

If you don't have any luck finding them, I have them. Sell them to TY'ers for what they cost me.

Is anybody getting in contact with OFT at the moment?

rlcofmn said:
TT said:

Did you email him?

I have an order with rivets that are not being shipped - ordered two weeks ago and paid for. I have tried emailing him without getting any answer. Not my expirience with OFT in the past - always excellent customer service ;)! That is why I asked.

TT said:
rlcofmn said:
TT said:

Did you email him?

I have an order with rivets that are not being shipped - ordered two weeks ago and paid for. I have tried emailing him without getting any answer. Not my expirience with OFT in the past - always excellent customer service ;)! That is why I asked.

I'm glad you emailed him, it's definitely the best way. I can assure you he's working as we speak and you'll get taken care of.

You can also get them at Fastenal. They are exactly the same as the OEM rivets with a steel body and a steel mandrel. They are only about 30 cents apiece and you can get as many or as few as you want. The Fastenal part number is 0125951. I hope this helps.

I have a couple thousand BS01-0618 Avdel Stavex rivets on hand. This is the rivet that Yamaha specs for many locations except it is in a slightly longer grip range. The bottom of the grip range is the same, but the top is a little higher. Avdel (owned by a larger company I forget now) added it to the lineup after Yamaha had already spec'd the other one. Like I say, I do not make any money on them, but if someone needs some I will sell them for what they cost me including the cost to package up and ship to you.

If you can get ahold of the TY advertiser's that sell them, by all means order from them. I feel that I am more of a backup plan.

fwiw: My experience with Fastenal is the rivet they offer is a Marsen rivet and no where near the same strength, even though it looks similar. The Stavex rivet and one other line (I forget it at the moment) are by far the strongest multi-grip rivets out there. Obviously there are other styles such as structural, solid, etc. that are even stronger.

Here is a link if anyone is interested in technical data . . .

http://www.avdel-global.com/en/products ... avexr.html

I stand corrected . . .

I took a look at the specs for the Fastenal product listed and it is very similar to the Stavex BS01-0614 which is the original rivet Yamaha spec'd.

My apologies, this may be a suitable replacement for the Stavex rivet originally spec'd. I do not believe that Marsen makes these rivets but don't know who does. Th online data says Fastenal, but I highly doubt Fastenal actually makes the rivet. They likely have suppliers who make it and private brand it.

Back