• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rolled over and flooded the engine

givemeaboost

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
03 Rx1 Turbo
Well I got a little out of shape yeaterday and flopped my turbo on its side. It took about a minute to get my wits together and turn it back over and then another minute to realize that the fuel pump was still running so it ended up getting flooded real good. I tried cranking on it for awhile and it wouldn't even pop so I though about an old thread where snofever said to pull the intercooler off and hold the slides up with your fingers and crank the motor. This lets it get more air . I though that since the slides are controlled by the two boost lines off the intercooler why not take these two lines off and blow in them while cranking the motor over. Well after a few seconds it started popping and finally got it to run. It sure is alot easier than taking off the intercooler but looked kind of strange with two people bent over my sled giving it a bj.

The electric fuel pump should be run to the Blue/ white wire on the fuseblock ...this allows the pump to run only when the engine is running . Nothing like an engine hydrolocked and an intercooler full of gas ..LoL ...been there done that !

Back