• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

rxrider's Turbo Garage - pics back, will continue

where do you order all the heat fabric from and what is it called. i would like to do that on my front mount also.i bet you are itching to take that bad boy for a ride.that sled looks awesome by the way.

Thanks rx1 fern - I will try to find out what it is and where to get it. I got it from a friend of mine, it's used to insulate aircraft parts from turbine heat.

Looking awesome!

Did you see my latest post in my sled build?
It shows some serious ice build-up from the under tunnel exhaust. :o|
Let me know any thoughts you have.
You may need the same!
:4STroke:

Yes I did... where do you dump the exhaust?

It's just ahead of the exchanger cross pipe at the rear of the tunnel.

w1b2au.jpg

Thanks for the pic - hahaha I've seen it before, didn't remember it was your sled :)

I have my exhaust dumping in front of the tunnel, over the drive sprockets.

rx1 fern said:
where do you order all the heat fabric from and what is it called. i would like to do that on my front mount also.i bet you are itching to take that bad boy for a ride.that sled looks awesome by the way.

Hi there, if you look for heat shield sleeves and similar stuff, look at http://www.jegs.com, they have lots of different styles.

Nice sleds by the way... :Rockon:

Hello Minister, nice avatar, is it from the plains of Finnmarksvidda, looks familiar to me :)

Thanks for the link

UPDATE January 2. - Adding heat shielding materials to the fuel tank.

The Rev gas tank needed some heat shielding before I can install it in the sled. I reused the shielding materials from the stock gas tank. I cut out pieces to fit the REV gas tank and used double sided tape to tape the heat shielding material to the REV gas tank. I think it turned out pretty good.

2009_01040100.jpg

2009_01040102.jpg

Done. The tank is ready for install.

2009_01040105.jpg

Got an email about the silicon hoses and aluminum tubes I ordered, parts have been shipped and should arrive at my door some day this coming week LaLaLa

It's turbo time yeeeeha - with those parts in I'm able to get the sled ridable in matter of days hahahahaha :tg: ;)! :-o

UPDATE January 5. - Installing the REV fuel tank.

Today I installed the REV fuel tank. First I installed the filler neck tube into the tank.

Connecting fuel line and adding a hose clamp. Also connected the wire from the fuel gauge pickup to the harness.

2009_01050001.jpg

Next was installing the fuel return line coming from the fuel pressure regulator.

2009_01050002.jpg

The tank installed on the sled.

2009_01050003.jpg

Need to tighten down the two nuts on the rear of the tank and add the gas tank vent line and she's ready to get some new fresh fuel. MAN I'm closing in on fireing up the sled.

Back