• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

should i buy or not

Keep them coming guys wallet is starting to creek lol. Is there any major issues with these sleds? Did yamaha fix the clutch rollers issues? Also read a lot about drive and jack shaft bearings not holding up along with upper gear bushings or something along that line, thanks guys
Buy the sled and we all will happily walk you through all mods needed to address any future issues down the line if any!! Remember every single sled manufacturer have issues and bigger issues..imo
The bonus with the 998 is you have endless support with this forum to keep you on top of things.
most guys go to forums not to praise there sled but to complain about issues and look for help!!
My 19 has treated me well considering how I treated it!!!
Hammer the throttle , slam on the brakes , jump the sled , hold wot for extremely long period , put 87 octane, put 91 octane ,hammer the throttle, jump it , act like a race car driver ... no "sunday riding here"
The few issues I had are self induced except for one
Ask yourself do you want the Lamborghini of sleds or do you want a sedan!!!lol

Last edited:
The reason I decided to go to a tune was , finally after 2 years of riding my SW , is because some Skidoo kids , gave me the lets go , on the lake , and I gave them a spanking.
It felt good , and I thought an even bigger spanking would feel even better .

Lol that is awesome.

I was on again off again too. Way less $ for Venom but same concerns. Still working? If so odds are a year from now you will still be. If not where you are somewhere else. $ now is worth more than it will be a year from now. Reward yourself for going through this Virus. Put the $ down. If something really bad happens $500 is not goin to matter either way. I did it. Glad I did!
Steve are you saying you pulled the trigger on a 2021 srx??

My Tuned Sidewinder is the best sled I have ever owned. Ten years ago I couldn't imagine having a trail sled that you could select between 240 - 300 hp on your phone that is awesome to ride and as reliable as a 700cc Yamaha Redhead tripple.

6 years ago I swore I'd never be riding a 4 stroke (lawn mower engine) sled. Now I would never ride a 2S again. My 320 tuned 998 is the best sled I've ever owned and the most fun! Yes, I've had a few issues but who hasn't. It's not like I didn't have problems with my 2S. Who'd have ever thought you could have a sled with 320 HP that's as mild and tame as can be, UNTIL you unleash the beast and all h*&# breaks loose! Most fun you can have with your clothes on.

Guys leaning on pulling the trigger on the 2021 srx. Only have a week to make a decision so lets hear why or why not to buy it. Plan on studding it and using it on the lake only. Leaving it stock for the first year then after that all game. The one thing i know i don't like is the light blue decals which will come off or tell my dealer to see if yamaha can just leave them off. Just need a little kick in the a** to help make a decision. thanks
I would assume you run the GSL.? My winder is tuned now and it is so much fun running away from every sled easily while cruising the lake. Not many tuned cats or winders out there. If your job is stable in these hard times go for it. The SRX is a great sled. Personally I think the light blue looks great! Edinburg Marine always gave me the best price on all my Yamahas.

Might better snowcheck I did the xtx se

No. Just a Venom Mountain

Awesome choice to add to you stable. You've got your off trail bases covered for sure for next season. Well done.

I just ordered the SIDEWINDER LTX GT. This will be my second winder (2019 LTX DX). Also have 2 vipers. These machines are just awesome. As far as first offs, I bought the RX1, (had 2 of them), bought the first off APEX, (had 2 of them), next up was an 11 VECTOR LTX GT, ( not a first off), then a first off 14 VIPER LTX DX, then an 18 VIPER LTX DX, ( not a first off), then the 19 WINDER LTX DX, and now the 21 WINDER LTX GT. All were spring orders. I just sold the 11 VECTOR LTX GT, and put money toward the 21. Still have the 14, 18, 19, and soon a 21. Life is short, and your only get to go down this road once!! Enjoy!! It’s going to be a looooong summer!!!!

HANK

I just ordered the SIDEWINDER LTX GT. This will be my second winder (2019 LTX DX). Also have 2 vipers. These machines are just awesome. As far as first offs, I bought the RX1, (had 2 of them), bought the first off APEX, (had 2 of them), next up was an 11 VECTOR LTX GT, ( not a first off), then a first off 14 VIPER LTX DX, then an 18 VIPER LTX DX, ( not a first off), then the 19 WINDER LTX DX, and now the 21 WINDER LTX GT. All were spring orders. I just sold the 11 VECTOR LTX GT, and put money toward the 21. Still have the 14, 18, 19, and soon a 21. Life is short, and your only get to go down this road once!! Enjoy!! It’s going to be a looooong summer!!!!

HANK
It appears maybe YamaHank would be a more appropriate name !!!
You have more inventory than some dealers !

Last edited:
I would assume you run the GSL.? My winder is tuned now and it is so much fun running away from every sled easily while cruising the lake. Not many tuned cats or winders out there. If your job is stable in these hard times go for it. The SRX is a great sled. Personally I think the light blue looks great! Edinburg Marine always gave me the best price on all my Yamahas.
Yes I live across from Gsl and I would be going through bob and Joan from Edinburgh Marina. 16800 with studs and protectors and reg and tax about 18000 out the door. Luckily my job is stable I do environmental work so right now I’m ok. Hard decision with 4 others still running great, 2 srx’s with 2500 miles 1 apex with 1100 miles and a 600 with 2800. Want to do it just that 18000 on a sled could knock off some years off the house payment.

Yes I live across from Gsl and I would be going through bob and Joan from Edinburgh Marina. 16800 with studs and protectors and reg and tax about 18000 out the door. Luckily my job is stable I do environmental work so right now I’m ok. Hard decision with 4 others still running great, 2 srx’s with 2500 miles 1 apex with 1100 miles and a 600 with 2800. Want to do it just that 18000 on a sled could knock off some years off the house payment.
Is a good feeling having house paid off till tax time. Just saying.

I li

Back