• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Spindle bushing removal, premium bushing upgrade

Has anyone has problems with bi-metal corrosion between the stainless and aluminum? I imagine this setup can only be better compared to stock but the metal combination worries me a bit.

Price on this kit? Got over 3000 miles on the oem and I'm due to replace them.

Bringing up an old post I know. I am working on installing upman nytro ski bushings. The right ski went great left no so great I buggered up the end when I was driving the bushing in and now I have to drive the piece the bolt goes threw and it doesn't spin freely when I get it in. Is that okay? I also noticed with the right side the one that spin freely with the bolt on and tight the actual outside ski part where the bolt goes threw moves with the ski up/down. Is that normal? I'm running Yamaha tuner skis.

I have over 4,000 miles on Up Bushmans spindle kit on my Phazer and they are still tight. I have another set to go in the Nytro I picked up at the end of the season. This is a great fix for worn stock spindle bushings. G.B.

I order a set of premium bushings from UP bushman. The upgrade kit is all stainless steel with a full length single bushing that fits snugly in the spindle and should last much longer than other options. Here are some pictures of removing the OEM bushings and installing the kit.

Clean end of bi-metal bushing and locate slit:
View attachment 135823
Use a tapered punch to roll the bushing starting at the slit:
View attachment 135824
With the bushing rolled over use a socket or bushing driver to drive both bushing out at the same time:
View attachment 135825
View attachment 135826
Premium bushing kit:
View attachment 135827
Clean the spindle then drive/press the new stainless bushing in:
View attachment 135829
View attachment 135828

Grease bushing and anti-seize the spacers:
View attachment 135830
View attachment 135833[/QUO

Can i have that kit ?

Send a PM to UP bushman. I've believe he still sells the bushing kit.

Great kit, now that I have two new spindles, need to order another set!

I order a set of premium bushings from UP bushman. The upgrade kit is all stainless steel with a full length single bushing that fits snugly in the spindle and should last much longer than other options. Here are some pictures of removing the OEM bushings and installing the kit.

Clean end of bi-metal bushing and locate slit:
View attachment 135823
Use a tapered punch to roll the bushing starting at the slit:
View attachment 135824
With the bushing rolled over use a socket or bushing driver to drive both bushing out at the same time:
View attachment 135825
View attachment 135826
Premium bushing kit:
View attachment 135827
Clean the spindle then drive/press the new stainless bushing in:
View attachment 135829
View attachment 135828

Grease bushing and anti-seize the spacers:
View attachment 135830
View attachment 135833
That is great but how do you get the collars out to get at the old bushings?

Reviving this one! My '16 venture MP has a lot of play (especially the right ski). I'm putting on C&A Pro MTX skis, and want to replace the bushings as well. Are the stainless ones still available? Mine seem different then the ones in the original post (mine are two separate bushings). I haven't found them anywhere else online.

Attachments

• 20231122_201714.jpg
    20231122_201714.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 17

Back