• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SRX vs Mach Z does this seem accurate ?

Just because Doo says the Mach Z is a one year sled, doesn't mean it is. Maybe you are getting drawn into the BRP marketing scheme.....:)
They did the 1 year mach z 1000 back in 2005 I think it was. And that sled if you can find one that hasn't blown up commands good money

They did the 1 year mach z 1000 back in 2005 I think it was. And that sled if you can find one that hasn't blown up commands good money

Key words are blown up. Those 1000 twins are equally as big of POS as the Polaris Fusion 900's.

Nobody with any snowmobile knowledge would touch one with a 10' pole.

Key words are blown up. Those 1000 twins are equally as big of POS as the Polaris Fusion 900's.

Nobody with any snowmobile knowledge would touch one with a 10' pole.

Seen one a couple weeks ago on the trail in WI. Did a double take lol

The 05 was the fastest. Not all blew up. But, the computers and the way they cycled the e-raves made it a slug sometimes out of the hole. It was in consistent. They made it from 05-07 and then it was abandoned. In 08, they could not get enough snow checks, so they canceled it.

Hey Dan... This is just my opinion.. I am not sure why anyone would by the 900TR in the G4 chassis or the new Mach Z for that matter when the Mach Z is only 1 year and 2 it maybe the last year for the G4 chassis. Those sleds should also come with a track option of a 1" or rip 2, both in a 2 ply track. For the amount of money you could save on the TCAT or SRX, I think its a truly better option. I also stand to the fact that the Procross is a better handling sled. I think you are getting to drawn in on the BRP marketing scheme. The G4 is freakin UGLY! The XS was a beautiful looking sled from BRP. Again its JMO...

There is no 900tr.....just a 900r or 900t ect...just to be easier for guys to not get mixed up....lol

I understand your view completely....let me explain mine.

Many guys actually want one because it is a 1yr only. This will become a very special sled going forward most guys think, and IMO BRP was very smart to market it this way. I know for myself, it will be something I will keep longer because of it being one yr only. I believe BRP will be very very careful to not bring another sled named Mach Z for at least a few yrs. Sure they may bring out another version which is close to the Mach but I think they will honor this as many are buying it for this reason.

As for G4 being replaced. I believe BRP will come with new Plastics next season, but it wont be a new chassie, just new plastics which may include LED headlight and better gauge to compete with POO. I also believe the new g5 will be in ONE MODEL only for the first yr, and will be a 2stroke only. I don't foresee a new 4s chassie for several yrs to come. I believe BRP will keep the new g4 900r mostly unchanged for several seasons, which will make the Mach a good sled to buy and keep. It will also bring the highest resale for guys who do sell them. I may be wrong but I think this is all very possible, if not probable.

I 100% agree, BRP track options are always lacking. Mach certainly should have had a 1" 2 ply option along with rip2 1.25" like Winder gets, IMO the best high HP track available still. I am happy BRP at least is giving us a 2ply track at all, since they have not sold any 2 ply tracks on trail sleds since 2008!

Agree, the SRX at its current price of $17,999MSRP with healthy discounts, makes the new Mach pricing just nuts. I do however believe YAMAHA will jump on pandemic bandwagon and with the Mach reveal, raise their SRX pricing a good bit, and they can justify it with EPS addition. Even though the entire sled will be basically unchanged. You may think SRX is a better option due to price, but I disagree...I believe the Mach resale down the road will make it a wise choice. Tcat may be a different story if their snowmageddon pricing is really good. But I expect Cat will also hike their prices and rightly so(I'd be leary to try new TCat as those new clutches will need to be proven before I would buy Tcat now). No doubt Mach is pricey, but every dealer I have called(over 15) have had massive orders of Machs, many in the 20-25 range with two OVER 40 Machs already ordered and this was just days after reveal. There is NO DOUBT Machs will be everywhere next winter. And lastly on pricing, I was able to find a few MICH dealers to discount the Mach pretty deep for me.

Handling is subjective as to what you like. Everyone here knows I was not happy with the "no transfer" feel of my Winder. I'm not one to take things like that, so I modded my skid and made it a total blast to ride on the moguls. But for me I like an active sled, Im a very active rider. I probably wont love the Mach SS system since it will aim to keep the sled flat and transfer down. But I believe the Mach when compared to the Winder it will handle similarly. So I do not see a clear winner in handling dept. Rmo however is arguably the nicest riding skid, and what I like is they look new after many seasons. My Winder looked really beat up in the skid after just two seasons. Doo does a good job here.

Yes I admit Doo marketing is good, and works well on me. Mach is a name I grew up with, I owned every single Mach made from 1990 up to my 2006. So that is why its hard for me to pass. Sorta like reliving my youth, like the SRX guys do with that iconic name.

I agree the G4 is not great looking, I have said this over and over. Its far better in person then pictures, pics it looks bad. Mine will get the Ultra low window which I will black out to make the Mach look like factory XRS. But I will say the Gorgeous SRX, if you stick window on it like most guys do, certainly loses its sexiness alot. Moreso in pics then real life.

But looks are subjective, and me being a tech freak who loves tech and the most advanced sleds, its impossible to want another Winder when there is so much new at BRP. That for me is the biggest reason. Nothing wrong with the Winder, just that its yesterdays design and I upgrade every two yrs or so for a change. I rarely if ever have gone back to a sled i once owned prior. Just not me really to do that. You mentioned the XS doo, sure I agree I had 3 of them. Gorgeous at the time. But go sit on one now, it feels so so old, low seating position ect...I could never own one of those now. Its all about new tech for me. And even though I am leary of the Mach SS system, I have a feeling it will work so well on tight trails, to make the Mach rail. Sitting low it will handle totally different then the XRS I have come to love. But i am an active rider who moves around alot. Most 4s guys are more sit back and go straight guys, which I also love but my area I need to ride twistys so gotta move around.

Will try to keep it real with you guys....never want to stir the pot with my Winder boys as I feel the smartest guys in the turbo world are here. Love reading all the fixes, heck I got bored riding the doo as I miss the re-engineering of my Winder so much at times..lol. I know its hard to hear, but lots of Winder owners are buying the Mach, just likely most wont come here to admit it, LOL.

In the end, the Mach rider and Winder rider are very similar guys. Likely the closest handling/feeling sleds to each other that come from diff manufacturers.

Dan

Last edited:
Probably had a 500 Fuji swap. LOL :)

Probably lol. He was riding with 2 old Sabrecat 500's so I'm guessing speed wasn't an issue.

The Doo guys are going to get great vids and build threads from Dan!! I feel we will get a honest evaluation from rockerdan here. Good luck Dan if you go doo Mach Z and I still think competition is good!! And I gotta say I agree 100 % with you on the sno trackers getting bad gas mileage and have a lot of drag. To each their own and I know Mike likes them but I got to try the aggressive for 1000 miles this year. Not for me.
Really? I run trackers and the other sidewinders/cats in our group run regular carbides
and our fuel mileage is always the same, same trail, same day.

!!

Attachments

• EE587422-8C16-4BF2-A20E-80687D7CD3D9.png
    EE587422-8C16-4BF2-A20E-80687D7CD3D9.png
    247.4 KB · Views: 56
Lynx in 4 stroke version is not available in North America for '22. There are only 2 lynx models for N. Amer in '22, both are 2 stroke. One is Rave RE trail sled and other is a Mountain sled.

I do have a feeling, for 2023 we may see the lynx 900r turbo brought to N. Amer..., once the Mach is gone to take that hi price point segment for BRP 4s guys. I must say this sled looks very cool and you cannot beat those shocks and the fun factor of their uncoupled skid.

Dan

The 05 was the fastest. Not all blew up. But, the computers and the way they cycled the e-raves made it a slug sometimes out of the hole. It was in consistent. They made it from 05-07 and then it was abandoned. In 08, they could not get enough snow checks, so they canceled it.
I had the 2005 , as it was a new sled and I seem to be attracted to new, even though I am a Yamaha guy .
I was doing business with BRP at the time , so I felt I needed a test machine , and what better than a wicked 1000 twin.
It was amazing in a lot of ways .
Almost as fast as the Sidewinder , and rode the trails like on rails .
Sold it as they couldn't get it reliable , and it blew up in the first month after selling .
Can any engine maker create a 1000 twin that is high hp , AND reliable ?
It doesn't appear to be possible , and that is why Yamaha has not tried it . That I am aware of .
But if they did make one , I would buy it , as that's what I do !

I had the 2005 , as it was a new sled and I seem to be attracted to new, even though I am a Yamaha guy .
I was doing business with BRP at the time , so I felt I needed a test machine , and what better than a wicked 1000 twin.
It was amazing in a lot of ways .
Almost as fast as the Sidewinder , and rode the trails like on rails .
Sold it as they couldn't get it reliable , and it blew up in the first month after selling .
Can any engine maker create a 1000 twin that is high hp , AND reliable ?
It doesn't appear to be possible , and that is why Yamaha has not tried it . That I am aware of .
But if they did make one , I would buy it , as that's what I do !
Arctic cat had 900 two cylinder I had one awesome no motor problems, they also had a 1000 but I never tried it

There is no 900tr.....just a 900r or 900t ect...just to be easier for guys to not get mixed up....lol

When building a Renegade Adrenaline this is what I see. So if you forgo the T then tipping 900 130 looks weird vs 900T 130. Don't forget they still have the regular 900T 150 in the Expedition. :)

Annotation-2021-03-04-131522.png

Back