• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TAPP primary

You can adjust with the clickers but only fine tuning. They are not meant to be for huge RPM adjustments. 50 rpm per slot change if I remember correctly.
I have the TAPP also and will be buying the smaller +1 rollers or even the stock DOO size.
This clutch is so smooth and quiet. It is a big expense BUT if ordered correctly you not need additional tuning components.
Be prepared to run shallower angle helix or stiffer springs in the secondary. The TAPP shifts very aggressively/hard and will blow through wimpy secondary springs or steep helix combos

How shallow of a helix are we talking? Is the stock 35 too steep?

Are the +1 rollers enough to support 300hp?

Last edited:

Dave, rumor has it you have been working on a secondary? Care to fill us in?

Nothing until testing is done.
Purple-Rectangle.jpg

The color options looks sweet! Is there an additional cost for the different colors?

I'm curious too.

But have a look here.
PB-80 For SideWinder, ready for primetime.

Kind of an interesting statement from a fellow in know (68gmc) who has mega turbo and clutching experience with all the brands.

Is it really possible a PB80 could perform as well as a Tapp? I think it could, its good enough that Precision Sports is putting the dual spring PB80 setup on their 300+ HP Ski-Doo turbos.

Have a buddy in NY that is running a couple dual spring turbo pb80s on 290R tuned Winders. I have my dual springs in hand, but will need to machine the cup and spring seat before trying it out. My buddy is loving the dual spring pb80 setup.
Hey Mike, i hope you test the PB80 this year i'm leaning towards buying one for the simplicity and seeing them capable of handling 300hp now plus no rattle

I have the TAPP clutch. Now that I have my head wrapped around what it wants and how reacts to adjustments I believe that I have made the correct choice in clutch upgrades. What a piece of precision equipment. The BEST primary made in humble opinion. Yes you pay for it, but a piece you can move from sled to sled for years to come. I have 6000 miles on mine and aside from initial set up I have no complaints.

I have the TAPP clutch. Now that I have my head wrapped around what it wants and how reacts to adjustments I believe that I have made the correct choice in clutch upgrades. What a piece of precision equipment. The BEST primary made in humble opinion. Yes you pay for it, but a piece you can move from sled to sled for years to come. I have 6000 miles on mine and aside from initial set up I have no complaints.
How much is the tapp calibrated tax in?

If I was to go to a different sled can the taper section, were it mounts to crank shaft be changed to different taper?? Or do I have to buy a sled with same taper.?

If I was to go to a different sled can the taper section, were it mounts to crank shaft be changed to different taper?? Or do I have to buy a sled with same taper.?
I'm guessing no

You may be able send it back to have the inner sheave changed to match a different taper.

x2

Back