• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TAPP Set up 998

This may sound strange but I want some hydraulic clutches that can be computer controlled by a program that will run in a given belt temperature range all the time.
Cat had a type of hydro-matic transmission on the 1974 VIP. One year only.
1710949876740.png

I had to clearance the width of my 23's secondary to install the Hi-Torque rollers. They would not go in and spin. I'm only guessing here that the dies or casting used in production of the clutches are getting worn perhaps, but the bottoms were tapered where the rollers would not go in properly like the did in my 17
I ran into the same thing on the 24' secondary Mike.

No heat to get the cover off. The heat I had to use was to get the spider off. I put the new Roller Spider Assembly in my TAPP this year. Only got 300 or so miles in it though due to the lack of winter we had in WI.
How do you like the roller spider assembly?
Is it still quiet? I know @KnappAttack mentioned it may be noisier so am curious if there is an advantage having the rollers over the buttons

How do you like the roller spider assembly?
Is it still quiet? I know @KnappAttack mentioned it may be noisier so am curious if there is an advantage having the rollers over the buttons

I only got about 300 miles on the Roller Spider, and so far I liked it. Can I tell much of a difference from the button spider? Well, not really sure as I put the Roller Spider on at the beginning of the season so I didn't get to do a back to back test to get a feel for any differences between the button and the roller. So far really good, but again, just 300 miles on it.

In terms of noise....well, not really sure either if it's louder or not at idle. The noise doesn't bother me anyway if at idle if it was a bit louder than the button style. Because I didn't do a test back to back before I made the change, it's really hard to say.

I only got about 300 miles on the Roller Spider, and so far I liked it. Can I tell much of a difference from the button spider? Well, not really sure as I put the Roller Spider on at the beginning of the season so I didn't get to do a back to back test to get a feel for any differences between the button and the roller. So far really good, but again, just 300 miles on it.

In terms of noise....well, not really sure either if it's louder or not at idle. The noise doesn't bother me anyway if at idle if it was a bit louder than the button style. Because I didn't do a test back to back before I made the change, it's really hard to say.
Thanks for the insight! Might be buying a TAPP and it’s not much more money up front to get the roller spider vs button, but if you want to upgrade a button seems more expensive. Was just wondering if there were gains to be had with roller (I imagine that’s why you did it).

Thanks for the insight! Might be buying a TAPP and it’s not much more money up front to get the roller spider vs button, but if you want to upgrade a button seems more expensive. Was just wondering if there were gains to be had with roller (I imagine that’s why you did it).

Well, I had bought my new TAPP with button spider for my '23 LTX LE at the end of last season and put it on for just one short ride. To be honest, in the offseason I saw a new shiny object that was released, so I wanted to do some type of upgrade to my sled and bought the roller spider. Whether or not there are any gains to be had, not sure yet. Sure looks sexy though. :)

Back